Old 14-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Rick

Default Fecking Damned cats!!!

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:05:09 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:00:31 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

wrote in message
. com...
I agree. I am a very serious gardener who loves my garden to bits but
I also have a cat who I love to bits as well and if I hear of one more
**** on this news group who threatens to hurt a cat then I will
personally look them up and pay them a visit in the early hours.

Let me know the when and where if you are making nocturnal visitations (
cat burglar style) on the said ****s. I'll keep you company.

If the god of garden TV's Mr Titchmarsh can have a fantasic garden
with 2 cats then why can the rest of you not live with them.

Hear hear, most sensible thing said tonight!

OK, How about if one of these
http://snopes.com/photos/animals/bigcat2.asp
Crapped in your garden.
Would you get upset?

I doubt it. Its a Maine Coon ( USA breed) and a bit delecate ( like the
burman or siamese ) and will not like outdoors.

If this is the best argument you can mount then you are getting silly and
dont deserve a response

There are biogger problems than cats - although they behave like the
smoetimes , they are called kids and they are very distructive of gardens
( including crapping in them) in my experience.

So in your opinion

Cats can do no wrong.
If somebody doesn't like other peoples cats in their garden, then get
a cat of their own.
Cats don't kill wildlife, humans do.
It's ok for your cat to crap anywhere it likes on somebody else's
property, and if they object - Tough!

Now who is getting silly?

Old 14-03-2004, 12:48 PM
mich

"Rick" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:05:09 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 23:00:31 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

So in your opinion

Cats can do no wrong.

I didnt say that. I said that cats were not the perpetrators of all evil.
There are others who are ignored.

If somebody doesn't like other peoples cats in their garden, then get
a cat of their own.

I suggested this as an workable option. I have a large garden and a cat
and I dont have cats visiting my garden.
My own cat uses a litter tray ( most cats will prefer a litter tray given a
choice - like all of us they like a clean , dry and comfortable place to
exersise their bowels) , so essentially I am cat crap free!

Cat excrement is not an issue for me despite the large number of other cats
in the vicinity. They do not come into my garden ( woe betide them if they
did as my cat does see them off pronto). ergo - My cat does not crap in my
garden and niether do other cats and so I am not bothered by cats crap.

Humans on the other hand are givers of all sorts of crap.

It's ok for your cat to crap anywhere it likes on somebody else's
property, and if they object - Tough!

see above. It doesnt happen.

Old 14-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Mike

If the god of garden TV's Mr Titchmarsh can have a fantasic garden
with 2 cats then why can the rest of you not live with them.

Hear hear, most sensible thing said tonight!

No its not.

I do not want a cat.

I do not want other people's cats crapping in my garden.

To stop other people's cat crapping in my garden, I have to get a cat of my
own. Why?

Why should 'I' have to get one of these bits of domesticated vermin, just to
prevent other people's vermin crapping in my garden?

And why are cat owners so blind as to what their beasts are doing?

"Not mine!!"

"Not in my back yard" NO, in mine instead!

Damn things should all be drowned at birth, that would solve the problem
:-))))))

--
H.M.S.Loch Fada Association Reunion Scarborough April 2nd - 5th
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th

Old 14-03-2004, 12:54 PM

Defend this
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/mammal/cat_predation.htm
if you can....

Its a fact of nature that cats kill birds etc. just like birds eat
worms and insects, insects eat plants etc.

What responsible cat owns can do is to put a bell on the cats collar
and keep them in at night. This is reported to drastically reduce the
kill rate.
Old 14-03-2004, 01:09 PM
mich

"Mike" wrote in message

Damn things should all be drowned at birth, that would solve the problem
:-))))))

We had a witch hunt on cats in Briatian once ( because they were the
familiars of witches and the christians were hunting them down!). The
result was rats , mice and plagues which killed millions of humans because
the plague was carried by the rats and mice whose populations were normally
kept down by the cats. In the grat Plague of 1665 cats and dogs were
destroyed as stupid humans flayed around looking for someone to balme their
ills on. as the cats were killed, the plague increased.

My cat is doing you a service in keeping your rodent population down as
well as mine.

Unfortunately they dont reduce the human rat population whose increase is
responsible for destroying major parts of this earth.

60% of all humans should be drowned at birth in order to keep a balanced and
sustainable population on this planet.
No doubt the cats would say we should kill 'um all.

Old 14-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Rod

wrote:

I doubt it. Its a Maine Coon ( USA breed) and a bit delecate ( like the
burman or siamese ) and will not like outdoors.

Maine Coon - delicate? They're from a long line of Canadian barnyard
cats, earning their living outdoors in eastern Canada. And yes I'd
love one - or a few. Perhaps somebody would like to remind our 2
elderly Siamese that they are supposed to be delicate ;~))
btw almost all the photos I've seen of Gertrude Jeckyll's Munstead
Wood and Roy Strong's 'The Lasket' have a cat or cats in them
somewhere. The late Fred Loads (of GQT) was a cat man. Geoffrey Dutton
(remember those articles in THe RHS Garden mag aout his 'marginal'
garden in the Eastern Highlands of Scotland) His garden has cats on
the staff. We have several resident feline rabbit control operatives
on the estate payroll here.

Old 14-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Rick

On 14 Mar 2004 01:23:14 -0800, wrote:

Defend this
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/mammal/cat_predation.htm
if you can....

Its a fact of nature that cats kill birds etc. just like birds eat
worms and insects, insects eat plants etc.

What responsible cat owns can do is to put a bell on the cats collar
and keep them in at night. This is reported to drastically reduce the
kill rate.

I agree.
I don't really have a problem with cats (don't want one myself). It's
the irresponsible owners that I have a problem with.

As you say, if they were kept in, and were trained to use a litter
tray (always supposing that a litter tray is provided) then the
nuisance to the neighbors would be lessened considerably.

Its the attitude that "It's my cat, it can do no wrong" that irritates
me.

There is an outcry if a dog owner lets their dog foul a public place,
well what's the difference with a cat fouling a private place?

Old 14-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Bob Smith

wrote in message
om...
I agree. I am a very serious gardener who loves my garden to bits but
I also have a cat who I love to bits as well and if I hear of one more
**** on this news group who threatens to hurt a cat then I will
personally look them up and pay them a visit in the early hours.

I have tried all manner of chemical warfare to deter them. I am now
resorting to a catapult. If the dirty little shitbag does it in my garden
again, I will get it. The stupid old woman with 6+ cats and no litter tray
is the one in the wrong. If the catapult fails to deter them, I will buy a
mini crossbow next, and stop their dirty habits permanently.

If the god of garden TV's Mr Titchmarsh can have a fantasic garden
with 2 cats then why can the rest of you not live with them.

As stated in previous posts, if you have a cat, it keeps others away, and
won't shit in it's own garden. I do not want a cat. They come with a
filthy litter tray, **** on your carpet, unless you can make them go
outside.

Just think of the distress you cause the the cats and the owners if
one of them was harmed or went missing.

Then they should invest in a litter tray, and take responsibility for the
inevitable outcome of feeding them. Do you think the 'cat lover' can also
be bothered to worm them? If my kids go blind due to worm infections, the
owner will be experiencing stress directly. Why should I clean up their
cats mess anyway?

As I said I love my garden but cats are living creatures so dont
forget that.

As I said, I tried the gentler methods, if you have another, please tell.
So far, the little shitbags have ignored:
Pepper
Paprika
Lemony cat repellant pellets
Jeyes fluid

Bob

Old 14-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Rick

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:35:05 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:05:09 -0000, "mich"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Well, I wish you lived next door to me. You sound like a most
exceptional cat owner.

In my experience, most cat owners just let the thing out when it wants
to go for a crap, so that they don't have to clear it up themselves.