Old 24-03-2004, 05:51 PM
shazzbat

Default Lack of invertebrates / house sparrows (was Reed Buntings)

"Five Cats" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , shazzbat
writes

"Five Cats" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , shazzbat
writes

SNIP

Birds nesting in my eaves observed using an oscilloscope.

They're clever little buggers aren't they? I saw the blackbirds in our
garden recently assembling an electron microscope. I reckon the

magpies
thieved it for them.

That's nothing - the birds in my back garden are building an A-bomb!
;-)

That'll show your 5 cats who's boss :-))

The cats are busy working on their deterrent..... Except they keep
getting side-tracked by having a nap, teasing a dog or the possibility
of a meal!

Do you suppose we may have inadvertently discovered what became of the
alleged WMDs? Should somebody tell Bliar?

Steve

Old 24-03-2004, 05:55 PM
shazzbat

"Five Cats" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , shazzbat
writes

]...

Old 24-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Five Cats

In message , shazzbat
writes

"Five Cats" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , shazzbat
writes

"Five Cats" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , shazzbat
writes

SNIP

Birds nesting in my eaves observed using an oscilloscope.

They're clever little buggers aren't they? I saw the blackbirds in our
garden recently assembling an electron microscope. I reckon the

magpies
thieved it for them.

That's nothing - the birds in my back garden are building an A-bomb!
;-)

That'll show your 5 cats who's boss :-))

The cats are busy working on their deterrent..... Except they keep
getting side-tracked by having a nap, teasing a dog or the possibility
of a meal!

Do you suppose we may have inadvertently discovered what became of the
alleged WMDs? Should somebody tell Bliar?

LOL!

--
Five Cats
Email to: cats_spam at uk2 dot net
Old 24-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Five Cats

In message , Charles Francis
writes
In article , shazzbat
writes
Do you suppose we may have inadvertently discovered what became of the
alleged WMDs? Should somebody tell Bliar?

Is that B. Liar?

B. Liar I suspect - but then he's a politician - what can one expect?

Regards

Old 24-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Five Cats

In message , shazzbat
writes

"Five Cats" ] wrote in message
]...
In message , shazzbat
writes

]...

Old 24-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Five Cats

In message , Charles Francis
writes
In article , shazzbat
writes

Old 24-03-2004, 10:07 PM
Christina Websell

Christina Websell christina.websell@zoomdotcodotuk wrote in message

shazzbat wrote in message

SNIP

Birds nesting in my eaves observed using an oscilloscope.

They're clever little buggers aren't they? I saw the blackbirds in our
garden recently assembling an electron microscope. I reckon the magpies
thieved it for them.

Steve

bg
Tina

Endoscope. That's what I meant!

Tina

Old 24-03-2004, 10:09 PM
shazzbat

shazzbat wrote in message

SNIP

Birds nesting in my eaves observed using an oscilloscope.

They're clever little buggers aren't they? I saw the blackbirds in our
garden recently assembling an electron microscope. I reckon the

magpies
thieved it for them.

Steve

bg
Tina

Endoscope. That's what I meant!

Tina

Good grief, they're doing keyhole surgery now!
Is there no end to their abilities?

Now if we could only get them doing brain surgery we could save the NHS the
price of a bowl of soup.

Steve

Old 25-03-2004, 12:05 PM
martin

shazzbat wrote in message

SNIP

Birds nesting in my eaves observed using an oscilloscope.

They're clever little buggers aren't they? I saw the blackbirds in our
garden recently assembling an electron microscope. I reckon the

magpies
thieved it for them.

Steve

bg
Tina

Endoscope. That's what I meant!

Tina

Good grief, they're doing keyhole surgery now!
Is there no end to their abilities?

Now if we could only get them doing brain surgery we could save the NHS the
price of a bowl of soup.

Do you get free croutons with an endoscope?
You'll be claiming free seamen with a periscope next.

Old 26-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Colonel Bloomer

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 21:20:58 +0000, Mike Humberston
wrote:

Malcolm wrote:

Whereas I, who am I suspect as pleased as you are that some research is
being carried out, remain open-minded :-)

I am certainly pleased that such research is now being performed.
Scepticism does not imply lack of an open mind. In my case it is
simply that I like to see solid evidence for claims which are
made. As I said "scepticism is the proper attitude for a
scientist"; this is a very well established principle in the
scientific world.

I'm also very aware that establishing correlations in the natural
world is very difficult. It is too easy to draw the conclusion
that because variables A & B appear to be correlated then A's
variation must be the result of B's variation when, in fact they
are both being caused by the variation of variable C (which your
study didn't even measure). Ph.D. thesises tend to be like
individual brush strokes in a painting. Each one is a step in
deriving the overall picture but as the work progresses many of
then are covered by further paint as the overall structure of the
picture becomes clearer.

Then you have CONfiguration of unelected bodies, good at finding their
own job-protecting bodies projects, and sustaining their particular
mantras to consider, meanwhile the real painting never gets finished
because someone never wants the paint to dry, not whilst there's a few
bob to be had!

The RSPB have supposedly been looking at sparrow decline for 15 years,
still we know nothing. How strange!

Bunch of Buntings jOhN Texas 9 29-04-2009 12:13 PM
Indigo Buntings Lynne in NC North Carolina 3 06-05-2004 06:07 PM
Random Invertebrates in Tank? Jay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Random Invertebrates in Tank? Jay Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 13-03-2003 05:56 PM
Sparrows Devouring Lettuce Plants! Fleemo Gardening 21 01-03-2003 06:03 PM