Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Mike

Default POISONING CATS?

| They were clean, aye, but cuvver'd in dribble.

The very idea of licking roads clean! That implies that they were
surfaced - if you tried that where I was, you would have had to
lick down to the bedrock.

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum at
Gaydon (which is a circular building), all around the outside edge of the
ground floor, is the history of the motor car and road surface. Starting
with dusty tracks and with the appropriate cars on them, leading up to
present day, through road signs or the era, MOT's etc etc etc. Makes very
interesting viewing

Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

| They were clean, aye, but cuvver'd in dribble.

The very idea of licking roads clean! That implies that they were
surfaced - if you tried that where I was, you would have had to
lick down to the bedrock.

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum at
Gaydon (which is a circular building),

Is that relevant?

all around the outside edge of the
ground floor, is the history of the motor car and road surface. Starting
with dusty tracks and with the appropriate cars on them, leading up to
present day, through road signs or the era, MOT's etc etc etc. Makes very
interesting viewing

Roads have been around for a lot longer than motor cars.

and before roads there were far, far older tracks ...

.... even before Man sullied Earth.

Mary

Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Mary Fisher

"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in message
s.com...

Texans love air conditioning. They
live for much of the year with all their doors and windows closed.

Call that living?

Mary

Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Mike

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum at
Gaydon (which is a circular building),

Is that relevant?

Yes because the route, story, call it what you will, is a continuous one
without going up and down rows. Very clever the way they have done it.

all around the outside edge of the
ground floor, is the history of the motor car and road surface. Starting
with dusty tracks and with the appropriate cars on them, leading up to
present day, through road signs or the era, MOT's etc etc etc. Makes

very
interesting viewing

Roads have been around for a lot longer than motor cars.

agreed.

and before roads there were far, far older tracks ...

I remember them well ;-}

... even before Man sullied Earth.

now that 'was' before my time.

Mary

Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Mike" writes:

| The very idea of licking roads clean! That implies that they were
| surfaced - if you tried that where I was, you would have had to
| lick down to the bedrock.
|
| Returning to a more 'factual' comment. ...

I am afraid that you are factually incorrect, again.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum at
Gaydon (which is a circular building),

Is that relevant?

Yes because the route, story, call it what you will, is a continuous one
without going up and down rows. Very clever the way they have done it.

It might well be a superb design concept but it's not relevant to the rest
of the post.

Mary

Old 29-03-2004, 11:44 AM
martin

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:29:32 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum at
Gaydon (which is a circular building),

Is that relevant?

Yes because the route, story, call it what you will, is a continuous one
without going up and down rows. Very clever the way they have done it.

Moebius loop?

It might well be a superb design concept but it's not relevant to the rest
of the post.

at least it has taken his mind off poisoning cats.
Old 29-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Tim Challenger

On 29 Mar 2004 09:48:11 GMT, Nick Maclaren wrote:

| Sorry, just to difficult to resist. Any excuse for a Monty Python sketch.

Life is a mere reflection of such things.

And unfortunately not nearly as funny.
--
Tim C.
Old 29-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Tim Challenger

"Mike" wrote in message

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum at
Gaydon (which is a circular building),

Is that relevant?

Yes because the route, story, call it what you will, is a continuous one
without going up and down rows. Very clever the way they have done it.

It might well be a superb design concept but it's not relevant to the rest
of the post.

Just as relevant as :
" You youngsters are just wimps. Where and when I was born, there
...were 120 of us, livin' in a septic tank. And in the mornin' we 'ad to
get up an' lick 'road clean wit' tongues. ;-)

You had clean roads?
There's posh!"

--
Tim C.

Old 29-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Mike

Moebius loop?

Please refresh my memory. Is this the rise, fall and saturation of a
magnetic field in a coil of wire?

Old 29-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

Returning to a more 'factual' comment. At the Historic Motor Museum

at
Gaydon (which is a circular building),

Is that relevant?

Yes because the route, story, call it what you will, is a continuous

one
without going up and down rows. Very clever the way they have done it.

It might well be a superb design concept but it's not relevant to the

rest
of the post.

Just as relevant as :
" You youngsters are just wimps. Where and when I was born, there
...were 120 of us, livin' in a septic tank. And in the mornin' we 'ad to
get up an' lick 'road clean wit' tongues. ;-)

You had clean roads?
There's posh!"

That was thread drift, not the same thing at all ...

:-)

Mary

--
Tim C.

Old 29-03-2004, 03:15 PM
shazzbat

"Mike" wrote in message

Moebius loop?

Please refresh my memory. Is this the rise, fall and saturation of a
magnetic field in a coil of wire?

I think a Moebius loop is the thing where you get a long thin strip of paper
and glue the ends together, but put a 180deg twist in it first. This creates
a loop with only one edge.

I could be wrong, and I'm certainly OT, but the sun is shining and I don't
care so nerrrr.

Steve

Old 29-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Mary Fisher

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"shazzbat" writes:

| I think a Moebius loop is the thing where you get a long thin strip of

paper
| and glue the ends together, but put a 180deg twist in it first. This

creates
| a loop with only one edge.
|
| I could be wrong, and I'm certainly OT, but the sun is shining and I

don't
| care so nerrrr.

You're right, and it isn't here, so nerrrr.

A daughter rang today to say that her first lamb of the year had been born,
into a glorious sunlit spring day, the ewe choosing the sunniest spot in the
field. The lamb walked steadily off, the ewe following her. Daughter went to
the house for iodine and when she got back there was another ewe lamb. This
in south Wales.

She told this delightful story while I was looking out at a pale grey day
with no sun, no blue sky, no little fluffy clouds, no green grass, no
shadows ...

nerrrrrrrrrrr indeed.

Mary

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Poisoning snails - poisoning birds? Andy Hunt United Kingdom 31 10-04-2004 06:04 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 8 24-03-2004 05:55 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 32 24-03-2004 05:48 PM
POISONING CATS? Dcjtee United Kingdom 0 24-03-2004 05:37 PM
Is Monsanto Poisoning Consumers with Pesticide Residues Just another fan Gardening 0 27-08-2003 01:02 AM