Old 18-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Adam

Default Garden clearout

I've got a large, old, falling down shed in my back garden.

Although not bursting with "stuff", it has got quite a bit of old junk (and
lots of old wood) in it.

I'm looking for someone who will take it down, and get rid of all the
rubbish - I don't think there's anything which would be of use to anyone
else in it, so it needs to be taken down the tip.

I'm in the Bristol area. Can anyone either recommend someone, or tell me
the best place to look? I don't know where to start! :-)

Thanks,
A.

Old 18-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Tumbleweed

"Adam" wrote in message
I've got a large, old, falling down shed in my back garden.

Although not bursting with "stuff", it has got quite a bit of old junk

(and
lots of old wood) in it.

I'm looking for someone who will take it down, and get rid of all the
rubbish - I don't think there's anything which would be of use to anyone
else in it, so it needs to be taken down the tip.

I'm in the Bristol area. Can anyone either recommend someone, or tell me
the best place to look? I don't know where to start! :-)

Thanks,
A.

Look for 'man with a van' ads? Or pay some students or similar a few quid to
demolish it and take it to the tip?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 18-04-2004, 09:04 AM
Mike

I've got a large, old, falling down shed in my back garden.

Although not bursting with "stuff", it has got quite a bit of old junk

(and
lots of old wood) in it.

I'm looking for someone who will take it down, and get rid of all the
rubbish - I don't think there's anything which would be of use to anyone
else in it, so it needs to be taken down the tip.

I'm in the Bristol area. Can anyone either recommend someone, or tell

me
the best place to look? I don't know where to start! :-)

Thanks,
A.

Look for 'man with a van' ads? Or pay some students or similar a few quid

demolish it and take it to the tip?

--

Word of caution here. I don't know how Bristol compares with the Isle of
Wight with regards to clearing rubbish, but,

1) If you take the stuff to the tip yourself in a car, i.e. bit by bit, no
problem.

2) If you take the stuff to the tip yourself in a van or car and trailer,
you "might" be deemed to be a trader and charged.

3) If you get one of those people who advertise in the local paper as "Humpy
Dump" or "Lift and Shift" (yes we have 2 who trade as that), they will
charge you not only to clear the stuff, but also the charge made by the tip
to dump it. I believe it is £75.00 per load but don't quote me on that, but
you are looking at somewhere in the region of £100.00 plus.

OR Take it all down yourself and have a bonfire with it. We are allowed to
have a bonfire, subject to very minimal local orders. A) Anytime you like,
but B) If it is causing an inconvenience or nuisance to you neighbours you
can be prosecuted, i.e. On a beautiful Saturday or Sunday Evening when
neighbours are having barbies :-((

Mike

Old 18-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Mike

OR Take it all down yourself and have a bonfire with it. We are allowed

have a bonfire, subject to very minimal local orders. A) Anytime you like,
but B) If it is causing an inconvenience or nuisance to you neighbours you
can be prosecuted, i.e. On a beautiful Saturday or Sunday Evening when
neighbours are having barbies :-((

Sorry, Should have made it clearer, we on the Isle of Wight have got minimal
bye laws re bonfires. 'Some' Authorities ban them at certain times or even a
total ban. Check your own area for this.

Mike

Old 18-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Jim

You might find someone local doing woodcraft work. Some very good craft work
is done using well aged wood of all sorts. Trade the shed and other old wood
for the work.

Old 18-04-2004, 02:02 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:23:46 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
but then again I might just have mucked up the snipping as usual!

OR Take it all down yourself and have a bonfire with it. We are allowed to
have a bonfire, subject to very minimal local orders. A) Anytime you like,
but B) If it is causing an inconvenience or nuisance to you neighbours you
can be prosecuted, i.e. On a beautiful Saturday or Sunday Evening when
neighbours are having barbies :-((

Or all frigging Easter weekend, in our case. Two doors up and round
the corner removed a 40ft Leylandii hedge and burnt the bugger in the
back yard... There still seems to be a lot left, so I think it will
curse our weekends for some time to come. We're in a smoke free area.

I can see why they did it, the hedge was the southern boundary to
their property (its due north from us).

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

To e-mail use: megan at farr-montgomery dot com
Old 18-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

[...]

Sound advice, though as regards the bonfire, you have to have regular
bonfires for it to come under the offence of 'nuisance'.

Old sheds usually burn fiercely and with very little smoke anyway, so if
it really *HAS* to go, that's the way to do it.

Um, when's Bob-A-Job Week?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 18-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Hi Adam,
You might want to post this to uk.rec.sheds :~))
They might come and take it away for you for resurrection elsewhere :~)
Jenny

OY! Don't lay the poor bloke open to our mercy in there!

Old 18-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Buzzy Bee contains these words:

Seoras David Montgomery, 7 May 2003, 17 hours: sunrise to sunset (homebirth)

Is Seoras the Welsh for George? ('Tis in Scottish Gaelic.)

Old 19-04-2004, 08:08 AM
JennyC

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Hi Adam,
You might want to post this to uk.rec.sheds :~))
They might come and take it away for you for resurrection elsewhere :~)
Jenny

OY! Don't lay the poor bloke open to our mercy in there!
Rusty

:~ (at least I think that's the smiley for Evil Grin) !
Jenny

Old 19-04-2004, 10:16 AM
Adam

You might want to post this to uk.rec.sheds :~))
They might come and take it away for you for resurrection elsewhere :~)

I'm too scared to go in there :-) If I start taking about sheds I'll be
flamed for being off-topic :-)

A.

Old 19-04-2004, 12:03 PM
JennyC

"Adam" wrote in message
You might want to post this to uk.rec.sheds :~))
They might come and take it away for you for resurrection elsewhere :~)

I'm too scared to go in there :-) If I start taking about sheds I'll be
flamed for being off-topic :-)

A.

You have a point there :~)
Jenny

Old 19-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Zymurgy

"JennyC" wrote
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote
from "JennyC" contains these words:

You might want to post this to uk.rec.sheds :~))
They might come and take it away for you for resurrection elsewhere :~)

OY! Don't lay the poor bloke open to our mercy in there!

:~ (at least I think that's the smiley for Evil Grin) !

heh. The sheddites. Not a good place for the unwary !

We welcome them into uk.rec.motorcycles periodically...

Cheers

Paul.
Old 19-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Adam" contains these words:

You might want to post this to uk.rec.sheds :~))
They might come and take it away for you for resurrection elsewhere :~)

I'm too scared to go in there :-) If I start taking about sheds I'll be
flamed for being off-topic :-)

Unless you're a troll or a spammer, we don't do flames. Even then, we
tend to just KF and ignore.

You'd be quite safe, but you wouldn't get many serious answers.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Garden Door in Door County Wisconsin Garden Door 07 Garden Angel in Watering Can.JPG (1/1) Just Plane Noise Garden Photos 0 31-07-2009 11:01 PM
Garden variety advice. Calling Garden Sages! Cindie Light Texas 0 21-08-2004 06:27 PM
Garden clearout Adam United Kingdom 1 18-04-2004 05:07 AM
Shepard Iris Garden | Hawthorn Hill Farm -- 2 new garden sites Bobby Baxter Gardening 0 04-05-2003 07:08 PM
New Garden Site & Free Garden Video Bobby Baxter Gardening 1 27-04-2003 01:08 PM