Old 18-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Anne Jackson

Default Hop seed: ? Fuggles?

The message
from Matt Barton contains these words:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 13:55:27 +0100, Angus Storerer
wrote:

LEFT WING RUBBISH SNIPPED

You silly old c**t. Go forth and multiply.
How long does it take for a brain like yours to get so f****d up?
Never mind germination time.....you f******g old fart.

Why bother with self censorship? If you're going to be that offensive
and incendiary why not have the balls to say what you mean?

Even better: don't bother at all.

Don't be getting on at him, the poor lad is having an identity crisis.
He can't decide whether he's Homer Anderson, or Angus Storerer.

--
AnneJ
Old 18-05-2004, 06:28 PM
martin

wrote:

LEFT WING RUBBISH SNIPPED

You silly old c**t. Go forth and multiply.
How long does it take for a brain like yours to get so f****d up?
Never mind germination time.....you f******g old fart.

Why bother with self censorship? If you're going to be that offensive
and incendiary why not have the balls to say what you mean?

Even better: don't bother at all.

Don't be getting on at him, the poor lad is having an identity crisis.
He can't decide whether he's Homer Anderson, or Angus Storerer.

URG the caring newsgroup:-)
Old 18-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Dylan

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:12:19 +0100, this interesting one arrived from
Anne Jackson :

Don't be getting on at him, the poor lad is having an identity crisis.
He can't decide whether he's Homer Anderson, or Angus Storerer.

I think his/her real name is Morph!
Old 20-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Douglas

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Douglas" wrote:

the hop-pickers
families including the women and children from the London slums used to
gather at harvest time, lived in tents and made some much needed wages.

Schoharie County, U.S. was likewise a center of hop farming some years

ago.
The schools closed for a week or so in the fall for the harvest.

*********************************
In Scotland the tradition was that the schools closed for a few days to
allow the children to go "Tattie-picking" when the occasion merited .
I have happy memories of the Scottish people in wartime at East Fortune, -
and later holidays with my family at Lossiemouth.
Here's tae us! Wha's like us?!. Ah'm way hame fer a wee bit the meat, some
tatties and neeps!.
Happy memories!. At East Fortune the tiny village residents knocked two
terraced houses together and the lads from the camp's dispersed huts in the
lonely woods could go there for a cup of tea and a wad and pleasant company
and a chat.
Bless 'em all!.
Doug.

Old 20-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Douglas

"Matt Barton" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 May 2004 13:55:27 +0100, Angus Storerer
wrote:

LEFT WING RUBBISH SNIPPED

*************************************
Glad you did, matey, I am thinking of joining the N.F.
Doug.
************************************
You silly old c**t. Go forth and multiply.

************************************
Can't be one of them. - Sorry! I am a male.
Done all the multiplying, read the book, seen the film, got the T shirt.
got the children.
Doug.
************************************
How long does it take for a brain like yours to get so f****d up?

************************************
It got that way in the Burma jungles, sonny-boy.
(Gad! - the heat!, Will those drums never stop?).
Doug.
************************************
Never mind germination time.....you f******g old fart.

************************************
Thwe-e-rrrp!.
Doug.
************************************
Why bother with self censorship? If you're going to be that offensive
and incendiary why not have the balls to say what you mean?

************************************
Self censorship is discussing hop-picking?. methimks you should stop
lifting your elbow so often and ration yourself with the Best Bitter.
I use my gizmo to say what I mean.
Doug
***********************************
Even better: don't bother at all.
Matt

***********************************
Good advice, ole Mattie!. Thanks for a goodole laff this dull morning!
Next time you transmit take the trouble to look at the Newsgroups panel at
the top of the page and learn how to insert the correct Newsgroup.
(Did you learn that kind of filthy language at your dear ole Mother's knee
in between attending to her customers?).
You have no shame.
Doug
***********************************

Old 20-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Dylan

On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:05:37 +0100, this arrived from "Douglas"
:

Can't be one of them. - Sorry! I am a male.
Done all the multiplying, read the book, seen the film, got the T shirt.
got the children.

I suspect the post which you are replying to was not meant for you.
Nice reply tho'

Dylan
Old 21-05-2004, 02:11 AM
Douglas

"Dylan" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:05:37 +0100, this arrived from "Douglas"
:

Can't be one of them. - Sorry! I am a male.
Done all the multiplying, read the book, seen the film, got the T shirt.
got the children.

I suspect the post which you are replying to was not meant for you.
Nice reply tho'

Dylan

****************************

O.K., Dyl owd lad!.
Yup!, I figured that, but being ex RAF one has seen and dealt with it all
before, so one has to be tolerant and try not to go off at half-cock.
An amusing reply with just a hint of sarky does no-one any real harm and no
answer seems to indicate the truth of your final and penultimate line.
All best to you and yours!.
Doug.
****************************

Old 21-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Matt Barton

On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:05:37 +0100, "Douglas"
wrote:

"Matt Barton" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 18 May 2004 13:55:27 +0100, Angus Storerer
wrote:

LEFT WING RUBBISH SNIPPED

*************************************
[...]

You appear to think that I was the usenet poster who launched an
unexpected attack on those discussing hop-picking, when in fact I was,
perhaps unadvisedly, commenting on the attack itself, and the
perpetrators apparent wish to call someone a "****" without (*gasp*)
actually writing the word itself. That is the self-censorship about
which I was making comment

You appear to have missed it, but I was infact replying to "Angus
Storerer". It is he who saw fit to snip "left wing rubbish" and call
people "****s". Not I.

Since you seem to be an amiable chap, I'm sure you won't mind me
pointing out your mistake.

***********************************
Even better: don't bother at all.
Matt

***********************************
Good advice, ole Mattie!. Thanks for a goodole laff this dull morning!
Next time you transmit take the trouble to look at the Newsgroups panel at
the top of the page and learn how to insert the correct Newsgroup.
(Did you learn that kind of filthy language at your dear ole Mother's knee
in between attending to her customers?).
You have no shame.
Doug
***********************************

Thanks for the usenet advice, Douglas. I suggest you take a look at a
"how to properly attribute others messages" FAQ. Before the next time
you "transmit" that is.

If I have no shame, sir, you have no great ability to read usenet
posts.

Perhaps you would like to post again so that you can vent your spleen
at "Angus" who would seem to be the real agent of your mirth?

Matt
Old 21-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Anonymous

wrote:

LEFT WING RUBBISH SNIPPED

You silly old c**t. Go forth and multiply.
How long does it take for a brain like yours to get so f****d up?
Never mind germination time.....you f******g old fart.

Why bother with self censorship? If you're going to be that offensive
and incendiary why not have the balls to say what you mean?

Even better: don't bother at all.

Don't be getting on at him, the poor lad is having an identity crisis.
He can't decide whether he's Homer Anderson, or Angus Storerer.

--
AnneJ

Anne "Amygdala",

I bet a pinch of natural fertilzer to a sniff of your roses your brain has
yet to develop beyond the Hypothalamus.

Weir

Old 22-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message e
from Anonymous contains these words:

Anne "Amygdala",

I bet a pinch of natural fertilzer to a sniff of your roses your brain has
yet to develop beyond the Hypothalamus.

Weir

You've dropped the 'd' of your end.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 22-05-2004, 04:04 AM
Anne Jackson

wrote:

LEFT WING RUBBISH SNIPPED

You silly old c**t. Go forth and multiply.
How long does it take for a brain like yours to get so f****d up?
Never mind germination time.....you f******g old fart.

Why bother with self censorship? If you're going to be that offensive
and incendiary why not have the balls to say what you mean?

Even better: don't bother at all.

Don't be getting on at him, the poor lad is having an identity crisis.
He can't decide whether he's Homer Anderson, or Angus Storerer.

Anne "Amygdala",
I bet a pinch of natural fertilzer to a sniff of your roses your brain has
yet to develop beyond the Hypothalamus.

Hmmmm! So you know a little bit about brains, do you? Strange, since you
don't appear to actually *have* one!

--
AnneJ
Old 22-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Bernard le Braconnier

On Sat, 22 May 2004 03:35:03 +0100, whilst Caruthers was ****ing the
maid stupid, (much to her great delight) this amazing cracker arrived
from Anne Jackson not wishing to put
Caruthers of his stroke I decided to deal with it:

Hmmmm! So you know a little bit about brains, do you? Strange, since you
don't appear to actually *have* one!

He has but never uses it!

Berni

Do Rats Hop? Andyman United Kingdom 0 15-02-2007 11:50 PM
Hop propagation. Best method? Allen Caius United Kingdom 11 26-10-2005 11:48 PM
Growing hop in my garden castor007 United Kingdom 1 30-03-2005 11:16 AM
hedging plants - chestnuts & golden hop? Victoria Clare United Kingdom 12 06-04-2004 09:48 PM
What's chowing down on my hop plants? Mark Pruett Gardening 20 02-06-2003 07:20 AM