Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Nettle Manu aka I'm in Trouble!

"Vicky" wrote in message
Did my first batch of nettle manure. Today, I used it. The family

hastily
vacated the garden and are still barely speaking to me beyond "You

are NEVER
using that stuff again - EVER!" Although the wesbite warned that it

was
likely to be a bit whiffy, I was unprepared. Furthermore, I'm sure

said
site claims that the smell goes away pretty quickly. An hour later

and it
still pongs.

And there's a snail lying on his back in the area I fed. He keeps

trying to
turn over and then appears to change his mind. Obviously, it's too

much for
him too!

If may go off at a tangent: What is it that is special about nettles
as far as making an infusion is concerned? Can one not just dump
*all* one's green weeds in a barrel of water?

Franz