Old 06-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Klara

In message , loop
writes

loop Wrote:
for anybody who is interested I have taken some pictures.

http://www.xp5.co.uk/garlick2/

LOL! It seems nobody IS interested!

Well, we had wanted ransoms for some time - but after your photos, I
think we'll do without ;-)

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 06-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Klara

In message , Klara
writes
In message , loop
writes

loop Wrote:
for anybody who is interested I have taken some pictures.

http://www.xp5.co.uk/garlick2/

LOL! It seems nobody IS interested!

Well, we had wanted ransoms for some time - but after your photos, I
think we'll do without ;-)

Oops - ramsons, even...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Kay

In article , Klara
writes
In message , loop
writes

loop Wrote:
for anybody who is interested I have taken some pictures.

http://www.xp5.co.uk/garlick2/

LOL! It seems nobody IS interested!

Well, we had wanted ransoms for some time - but after your photos, I
think we'll do without ;-)

But that was the whole point of the discussion - his are not ramsons.
His are the three-cornered leek - a different species altogether.

--
Kay

Old 06-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Victoria Clare

Klara wrote in news:P8kdRC1DFEtBFw1
:

In message , Klara
writes
In message , loop
writes

loop Wrote:
for anybody who is interested I have taken some pictures.

http://www.xp5.co.uk/garlick2/

LOL! It seems nobody IS interested!

Well, we had wanted ransoms for some time - but after your photos, I
think we'll do without ;-)

Oops - ramsons, even...

Those things are definitely not ramsons - leaves are far too narrow.

The pic is a very scary one loop: I think people are not posting because
they are afraid of attracting their attention....

Victoria

--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
Old 06-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Klara

In message , Kay
writes
Well, we had wanted ransoms for some time - but after your photos, I
think we'll do without ;-)

But that was the whole point of the discussion - his are not ramsons.
His are the three-cornered leek - a different species altogether.

I should have read the whole lot all at once - I obviously lost the
thread of the discussion (while sneaking looks while my conscience
muttered on my shoulder that I should be working....). But that's great
news - I'll go back to planning for ramsons again.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Old 06-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Clare
Klara wrote in news:P8kdRC1DFEtBFw1
:
[color=blue][i]
In message
, Klara
writes[color=green][i]
In message
, loop
writes

loop Wrote:
for anybody who is interested I have taken some pictures.

http://www.xp5.co.uk/garlick2/

LOL! It seems nobody IS interested!

The pic is a very scary one loop: I think people are not posting because
they are afraid of attracting their attention....

Victoria

--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall
--

LOL! thanks Victoria.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Mike Lyle

Klara wrote:
In message , Kay
writes
Well, we had wanted ransoms for some time - but after your

photos, I
think we'll do without ;-)

But that was the whole point of the discussion - his are not

ramsons.
His are the three-cornered leek - a different species altogether.

I should have read the whole lot all at once - I obviously lost the
thread of the discussion (while sneaking looks while my conscience
muttered on my shoulder that I should be working....). But that's
great news - I'll go back to planning for ramsons again.

OK, then, if you're into wild flowers and have room, I think you
should grow three-cornered leeks too: I just can't believe they'll
take over your garden over there, and they're delightful. A patch of
them looks very good near a patch of English bluebells -- the unwary
think they're just white bluebells, but of course they're only very
distantly related.

Ramsons will grow in a well-lit spot, but they much prefer shady
moist conditions. I had them downstream from my snowdrop hordes, and
near primroses; best in that kind of informal situation. I haven't
heard from a urg member I posted a few to a year or so back -- hope
he hasn't been smothered by them! I'm afraid I can't offer you any,
as I've moved.

Mike.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:11 PM
Klara

In message , Mike Lyle
writes
OK, then, if you're into wild flowers and have room, I think you should
grow three-cornered leeks too: I just can't believe they'll take over
your garden over there, and they're delightful. A patch of them looks
very good near a patch of English bluebells -- the unwary think they're
just white bluebells, but of course they're only very distantly related.

Ramsons will grow in a well-lit spot, but they much prefer shady moist
conditions. I had them downstream from my snowdrop hordes, and near
primroses; best in that kind of informal situation. I haven't heard
from a urg member I posted a few to a year or so back -- hope he hasn't
been smothered by them! I'm afraid I can't offer you any, as I've moved.

We're shady and we're damp (and acid) - though, sadly, without a stream
-and we have the bluebells, so it sounds the ideal condition!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Wild Hogs Becoming A Big Problem To Farmers And Gardeners.......... EVP MAN Gardening 29 06-02-2011 08:46 PM
A Buxus Problem, and a Pelargonium problem :-( ZoeM United Kingdom 11 18-07-2008 09:08 AM
Wild Garlick problem lizzie Gardening 1 22-05-2006 12:21 AM
Wild wild rocket Mike Lyle United Kingdom 28 01-08-2004 09:51 PM
Wild garlic Chris Hogg United Kingdom 0 30-03-2003 02:33 AM