Old 07-12-2004, 03:00 PM
Jim Webster

"Rooney" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 13:34:11 -0000, " Jill."
wrote:

Rooney wrote:

stick one in the mouth of a moron and they cannot talk

Doesn't work with Rooney

Proof he's not a moron, perhaps, then?

And a liking for beef is no grounds for scorn.

If you class that as beef you need pitied
I strongly recommend some of Steve's dexter mince to make some proper
beefburgers
You may then begin to understand why the critic of BigMacs

It's sheer snobbery. Finest Argentinian beef. Quite lean, too - but
not so lean that it spoils the taste.

funnily, MacDonalds comments that all UK big macs are sourced from UK beef.
As you are x posted to uba, we can inform you that Macdonalds have a deal
with Kepak and Tesco, in that Tesco take the hind quarters and Macdonalds
the fore quarters.

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Rooney

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:53:09 -0000, " Jill."
wrote:

From 2002 - "Following news of Mc D's pulling out of 3 countries and the
closing of stores worldwide, it has announced the closure of several central
london stores.
The reason: a downturn in demand that has affected its billion-dollar
profits and caused closures in other countries. Last week, McDonald's
announced it was closing all its operations in three unspecified Latin
American and Middle Eastern countries. It also revealed that 175
"underperforming outlets" in a further 10 countries will shut.".

This is all due to veggie propaganda. Have you tasted a BigMac?

Old 07-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Rooney

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:56:42 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

ctually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds because the
chips are rubbish,

Strange fellow! The chips are vastly suoerior to any of the soggy fat
bland things that come from most chip shops.

Old 07-12-2004, 03:26 PM
John Cartmell

In article , Jim Webster
wrote:

"Rooney" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:57:11 -0000, "BAC"
wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Rooney wrote:
You can't beat a BigMac!

for doing what with ???

Use it as a gaiter in a tyre?

stick one in the mouth of a moron and they cannot talk

Doesn't work with Rooney

Proof he's not a moron, perhaps, then?

And a liking for beef is no grounds for scorn. BigMacs are only
criticised by those who have never tried them.

actually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds because
the chips are rubbish, the big macs not as good (in my opinion) as stuff
available from their competitors. Irrationally though, I do like their
milk shakes, even through they are undoubtedly a disgusting chemical
cocktail that never saw milk, so I will occassionally go in for a Milk
Shake

Their vegetarian option is very good. ;-)

--
John Cartmell john@ followed by finnybank.com FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
Qercus magazine & FD Games www.finnybank.com www.acornuser.com
Old 07-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Mary Fisher

" Jill." wrote in message

BigMacs are only criticised by those who have never tried them.

Not at all - they are oft criticised by those who have - and found them
wanting

A friend took me for a Big Mac, said he was pushing the boat out! I couldn't
get through it, it was awful.
I can't remember how it was served, just the texture and flavour. I've no
idea what a tasty wench is anyway.

But, like Jill and others on this ng, I'm used to the best. Of everything.

Mary

Old 07-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Jim Webster

wrote:

ctually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds because

the
chips are rubbish,

Strange fellow! The chips are vastly suoerior to any of the soggy fat
bland things that come from most chip shops.

perhaps you have got confused and it is their chips that come from Argentina

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Jim Webster

"John Cartmell" wrote in message

wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Rooney wrote:
You can't beat a BigMac!

for doing what with ???

Use it as a gaiter in a tyre?

stick one in the mouth of a moron and they cannot talk

Doesn't work with Rooney

Proof he's not a moron, perhaps, then?

And a liking for beef is no grounds for scorn. BigMacs are only
criticised by those who have never tried them.

actually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds because
the chips are rubbish, the big macs not as good (in my opinion) as stuff
available from their competitors. Irrationally though, I do like their
milk shakes, even through they are undoubtedly a disgusting chemical
cocktail that never saw milk, so I will occassionally go in for a Milk
Shake

Their vegetarian option is very good. ;-)

never tried it, vegetarian food gives me wind

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Mary Fisher

" Jill." wrote in message

BigMacs are only criticised by those who have never tried them.

Evidence?

No way - why do you think they do so well all over the world?

Cost - convenience - marketing -
Because too few consumers are as discriminating as they should be ?

I think that too. Look at the bland bread, for instance, which people eat.
And vegetables. And ... almost everything ...

Mary

Old 07-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Mary Fisher

"Rooney" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:53:09 -0000, " Jill."
wrote:

From 2002 - "Following news of Mc D's pulling out of 3 countries and the
closing of stores worldwide, it has announced the closure of several
central
london stores.
The reason: a downturn in demand that has affected its billion-dollar
profits and caused closures in other countries. Last week, McDonald's
announced it was closing all its operations in three unspecified Latin
American and Middle Eastern countries. It also revealed that 175
"underperforming outlets" in a further 10 countries will shut.".

This is all due to veggie propaganda. Have you tasted a BigMac?

I have. It was awful. I doubt that veggie propaganda could close a
successful business.

Mary

Old 07-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Mary Fisher

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Yes, we make our own burgers from our own minced beef. Once you have eaten
beef burgers containing real minced beef (with spices but no rusk) the
others do tend to seem a bit wan

Indeed. I make ours from daughter's Traditional Herefords. They also happen
to be organically reared and live outdoors all year round, the animals are
30 months at kill (so far) and the meat hung for four weeks. I don't know
how much difference all this makes but I know they're far better than McD's.

Mary

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Jill.

Rooney wrote:
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:53:09 -0000, " Jill."
wrote:

From 2002 - "Following news of Mc D's pulling out of 3 countries and
the closing of stores worldwide, it has announced the closure of
several central london stores.
The reason: a downturn in demand that has affected its billion-dollar
profits and caused closures in other countries. Last week, McDonald's
announced it was closing all its operations in three unspecified
Latin American and Middle Eastern countries. It also revealed that
175 "underperforming outlets" in a further 10 countries will shut.".

This is all due to veggie propaganda. Have you tasted a BigMac?

Yes

--
regards
Jill Bowis

Pure bred utility chickens and ducks
Housing; Equipment, Books, Videos, Gifts
Herbaceous; Herb and Alpine nursery
Holidays in Scotland and Wales
http://www.kintaline.co.uk
Old 07-12-2004, 04:18 PM
BAC

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Rooney" wrote in message
snip

BigMacs are only criticised by those who have never tried them.
Plus, they are available almost instantly at all hours of the night,
served by willing tasty wenches - something this ng lacks in
abundance, if that's possible.

I ate a Big Mac once (following constant nagging by accompanying
offspring),
and once was enough, thanks. It was dire, IMHO, and it was served by a
spotty surly youth.

I met a vegetarian once.
He was a ******.
What does that prove?

Nothing to do with the relative merits of various brands of burgers, that's
for sure.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:22 PM
John Cartmell

wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Rooney wrote:
You can't beat a BigMac!

for doing what with ???

Use it as a gaiter in a tyre?

stick one in the mouth of a moron and they cannot talk

Doesn't work with Rooney

Proof he's not a moron, perhaps, then?

And a liking for beef is no grounds for scorn. BigMacs are only
criticised by those who have never tried them.

actually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds
because the chips are rubbish, the big macs not as good (in my
opinion) as stuff available from their competitors. Irrationally
though, I do like their milk shakes, even through they are
undoubtedly a disgusting chemical cocktail that never saw milk, so I
will occassionally go in for a Milk Shake

Their vegetarian option is very good. ;-)

never tried it, vegetarian food gives me wind

I was meaning the Quorn burger.

Of course if that gives you wind - every sympathy; and yet you insist on
drinking those (vegetarian*) milk shakes. Must be terrible being ill after
eating vegetables, fruit, wine, beer, chocolate, cheese ... ;-)

*AFAIK not the Strawberry flavour

Old 07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Rooney

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:51:11 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Rooney" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:53:09 -0000, " Jill."
wrote:

From 2002 - "Following news of Mc D's pulling out of 3 countries and the
closing of stores worldwide, it has announced the closure of several
central
london stores.
The reason: a downturn in demand that has affected its billion-dollar
profits and caused closures in other countries. Last week, McDonald's
announced it was closing all its operations in three unspecified Latin
American and Middle Eastern countries. It also revealed that 175
"underperforming outlets" in a further 10 countries will shut.".

This is all due to veggie propaganda. Have you tasted a BigMac?

I have. It was awful.

Psychosomatic.

I doubt that veggie propaganda could close a
successful business.

Mary

Mac Donalds hasn't closed.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Rooney

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:46:43 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

. I've no
idea what a tasty wench is anyway.

Which bit don't you understand?