Old 12-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Jim Webster

"Alan Gardiner" wrote in message

Less than 40k and he is 52. Engineering does not generally pay that

well.
The salaries quoted in the annual IEE review always seem on the high

side.
Averages are often distorted by a few highly paid members who are probably
not doing any Engineering.

yes, this is something to be wary of in a lot of situations.

Jim Webster

Old 12-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Mike

This is all due to veggie propaganda. Have you tasted a BigMac?

Yes. Once :-((

Never again thank you.

No I am not a veggie, I am normal.

I like meat, but not when it has been destroyed and made tasteless.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Assn. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Assn. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past

Old 12-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Rooney

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:00:54 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Yes. Once :-((

Never again thank you.

Too dear?

No I am not a veggie, I am normal.

Ha ha! I like the way you put that, you agitator!

I like meat, but not when it has been destroyed and made tasteless.

Mincing it and adding a bit of salad doesn't destroy it!

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Assn. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Assn. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Assn. Sussex 1 - 3 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery

Your palate was obviously spoiled by naval food.

Old 12-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Mike

Yes. Once :-((

Never again thank you.

Too dear?

For the trash it was, yes, faaaar to dear.

No I am not a veggie, I am normal.

Ha ha! I like the way you put that, you agitator!

Well it's right, I am normal. Tree huggers, Lesbians, Veggies and Queers are
not normal, they chose to be the minority.

I like meat, but not when it has been destroyed and made tasteless.

Mincing it and adding a bit of salad doesn't destroy it!

Your statement is not quite correct. "Mincing it and adding a bit of salad
SHOULDN'T destroy it!" but somehow they manage to :-((

Mike

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Assn. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Assn. Cosford 24 - 27 June Lanc Bomber Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Assn. Sussex 1 - 3 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
British Pacific Fleet. Derby 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Denby Pottery

Your palate was obviously spoiled by naval food.

Not at all, my palate has been very well served with the very good food
always served in the Senior Service. I recommend you try it should you ever
get the chance.

Old 13-12-2004, 05:34 AM
Rooney

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:59:44 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

Well it's right, I am normal. Tree huggers, Lesbians, Veggies and Queers are
not normal, they chose to be the minority.

You'll be getting Mabbetted if you continue like this!

Old 13-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Jim Webster

"Oz" wrote in message

I think that would be a new precedent.

It already exists for trees, hedges and now moving into permanent
grassland. I can see it being extended regularly.

Environmental Impact Assessments

Certainly. I expect a significant reduction in local wildlife as a
result. Fortunately its quite likely that we will win our remaining
appeal and go back into dairying in a few years.

but economics drives that.

No. In my case a profitable dairy unit was removed due to nvz's and the
planners refusing slurry storage.

This is a major problem, that the costs of complying with these regulations
means that reintroducing livestock (at least cattle) farming on any scale
is impossible

Jim Webster

Old 13-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Oz

Jim Webster writes

"Oz" wrote in message

I think that would be a new precedent.

It already exists for trees, hedges and now moving into permanent
grassland. I can see it being extended regularly.

Environmental Impact Assessments

Indeed, thems the words....

but economics drives that.

No. In my case a profitable dairy unit was removed due to nvz's and the
planners refusing slurry storage.

This is a major problem, that the costs of complying with these regulations
means that reintroducing livestock (at least cattle) farming on any scale
is impossible

Its interesting that the cost of the slurry store and the value of the
cows and youngstock in the herd are almost precisely the same.

The store, though, is a constant cost (management and emptying) and
provides precisely zero extra income.

It really doesn't surprise me that pig production is being exported to
places with lower environmental charges. This is, of course, pollution
exporting. Just the thing that ecofreaks get very upset about for
industrial waste import/export.

--
Oz
Old 13-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Robert Seago

In article ,
Oz wrote:

Its interesting that the cost of the slurry store and the value of the
cows and youngstock in the herd are almost precisely the same.

The store, though, is a constant cost (management and emptying) and
provides precisely zero extra income.

It really doesn't surprise me that pig production is being exported to
places with lower environmental charges. This is, of course, pollution
exporting. Just the thing that ecofreaks get very upset about for
industrial waste import/export.

We are aware of this too.

--
Regards from Robert Seago : http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rjseago