Old 07-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Rooney

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:47:12 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Rooney" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:56:42 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

ctually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds because

the
chips are rubbish,

Strange fellow! The chips are vastly suoerior to any of the soggy fat
bland things that come from most chip shops.

perhaps you have got confused and it is their chips that come from Argentina

Jim Webster

I've been in MacDonalds all over Europe and beyond - mostly Argie
beef, always superb chips, almost always tasty wenches.

Old 07-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Rooney

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:22:30 +0000 (GMT), John Cartmell
wrote:

Of course if that gives you wind - every sympathy; and yet you insist on
drinking those (vegetarian*) milk shakes. Must be terrible being ill after
eating vegetables, fruit, wine, beer, chocolate, cheese ... ;-)

and bread..

Old 07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Jim Webster

"Rooney" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:47:12 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

ctually I have tried them. I'm afraid I don't eat in MacDonalds

because
the
chips are rubbish,

Strange fellow! The chips are vastly suoerior to any of the soggy fat
bland things that come from most chip shops.

perhaps you have got confused and it is their chips that come from

Argentina

Jim Webster

I've been in MacDonalds all over Europe and beyond - mostly Argie
beef, always superb chips, almost always tasty wenches.

doh

you are trolling the wrong group,
Macdonalds buys beef in UK from Kepak, hind quarters go to Tesco,
forequarters to Macdonalds. Actually they couldn't afford Argentinian for
burgers, argentina supplies the top end of the catering market
Please try to keep up

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Jim Webster

wrote:

Of course if that gives you wind - every sympathy; and yet you insist on
drinking those (vegetarian*) milk shakes. Must be terrible being ill

after
eating vegetables, fruit, wine, beer, chocolate, cheese ... ;-)

and bread..

no, it is beans that is the problem

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Jim Webster

"John Cartmell" wrote in message

I was meaning the Quorn burger.

Of course if that gives you wind - every sympathy; and yet you insist on
drinking those (vegetarian*) milk shakes. Must be terrible being ill after
eating vegetables, fruit, wine, beer, chocolate, cheese ... ;-)

Milk products don't bother me,
Wind is normally the result of beans, milk is animal protein, and allows
vegetarians to survive but feel smug at the same time

Jim Webster

*AFAIK not the Strawberry flavour

--
John Cartmell john@ followed by finnybank.com FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527
Qercus magazine & FD Games www.finnybank.com www.acornuser.com

Old 07-12-2004, 05:47 PM
Jim Webster

"John Cartmell" wrote in message
In article ,
Jill. wrote:
John Cartmell wrote:
The truth of the situation should make us all feel uncomfortable.

why?

Start with the destruction of ancient hedgerows?

Who put the hedgerows in - in the first place?
Who maintained them over all these years?

You're as bad as Jim. Why get all defensive. Your ancestors and mine put
them in and maintained them over centuries. Our government over the past

50
years subsidised their removal. We should all be ashamed at the latter
action.

why?
We put them in, we took them out, if it is economically viable, or we need
them, we'll put them in again
Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Old Codger

Mary Fisher wrote:

A friend took me for a Big Mac, said he was pushing the boat out! I
couldn't get through it, it was awful.
I can't remember how it was served, just the texture and flavour.
I've no idea what a tasty wench is anyway.

I was told you were :-)

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old 07-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Jim Webster

"BAC" wrote in message

"Debra Schwinn" wrote in message
newspsiniecc6aduxwl@windermere...
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 18:26:35 +0000, Rooney wrote:

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:37:46 -0800, "Debra Schwinn"
wrote:

I did not say that beef burgers are bad. Inferior meat packed with

tons
of fat and by-product is.

There is not a great deal of fat in a BigMac. A certain amount is
needed for flavour though. The meat is always, in my experience, good
quality.

And you are speaking from experience after selling the corporation some
cattle, inspecting their holding areas, inspecting their processing

plant
and inspecting their final packaging plant. Right?--

I'm afraid we'll just have to accept that Paul simply likes Big Mac

Burgers.
And why not? Some people actually like Marmite, others love tripe, after

all
:-)

I confess to liking marmite

Jim Webster

Old 07-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Jim Webster

"Rooney" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:21:55 -0000, " Jill."
wrote:

Its his small experience of really good meat that I pity

You have no idea of my experience of meat. You are simply parroting
prejudiced piffle.

no, you underestimate how unique you are. It is so rare to find anyone who
appreciates good beef and likes big macs

Jim Webster

Old 08-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Elaine Jones

Quoting from message
posted on 7 Dec 2004 by Jim Webster
I would like to add:

I confess to liking marmite

I used to like Marmite (I expect I still do) but it now makes me sneeze
violently - something to do with certain yeastforms or something which
attaches to yeast as shortly afterwards I was at home on my own and
opened a bottle of Levens Hall Special Brew.

Halfway through I developed a slight cough, then breathing problems as
the mucosa enlarged; then my diaphragm seemed to lock solid and I was
sitting on the stairs by the phone wondering whether to put through a
treble 9 when I remembered I had 2 or 3 Triludan (taken off the market)
and took one - symptoms subsided. A fortnight later I was halfway down a
pint of draught Guinness in the local (voting night for devolution) and
I felt the symptoms starting so informed Jones that we had to go home
*immediately*.

I was talking to one of the community nurses afterwards and he said that
I was very fortunate as I had been heading for anaphylactic shock,
potentially fatal. This was drastic - I couldn't contemplate being
allergic to draught Guinness!!

Subsequent occurences have been:- another Guinness, a rather special
amontillado sherry, Aussie white wine and bottled Cobra; incidence erratic
but approx once in 14 - 15 months.

The Cobra incident was in our local Indian restaurant and I'd finished
the triludan so there was no point demanding to go home. The owner of
the establishment produced a large brandy which was fortunately effective.

I've never had an incident after red wine, Newcastle Brown, Beamish or
Caffereys and I don't drink bitter; if incidents were more frequent I'd
ask for allergy tests but I don't think there's enough evidence in the
present circumstances.

--
....ElaineJ... Home Pages and FAQ of uk.food+drink.indian can be viewed at
....Kinetic... http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/ejones/ufdi/index.html

Old 08-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Jim Webster

"Elaine Jones" wrote in message
Quoting from message
posted on 7 Dec 2004 by Jim Webster
I would like to add:

I've never had an incident after red wine, Newcastle Brown, Beamish or
Caffereys and I don't drink bitter; if incidents were more frequent I'd
ask for allergy tests but I don't think there's enough evidence in the
present circumstances.

certainly it looks like a problem that needs careful watching.

Jim Webster

Old 08-12-2004, 10:53 AM
Mary Fisher

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

I confess to liking marmite

So do I. And some tripes.

Bovine tripe

Mary

Jim Webster

Old 08-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Mary Fisher

"Old Codger" wrote in message

I've no idea what a tasty wench is anyway.

I was told you were :-)

That's possibly true. I was all sorts of things. But I can't confirm
until I have a definition ...

It is all in the eye of the beholder but does "younger than me" give you
any sort of clue.

No. Unless you reveal your dob.

I've certainly never served anything in McD's.

That I can believe. Don't think many tasty wenches do.

Mary

Old 08-12-2004, 11:43 AM
BAC

wrote:

[...]

[...]