Old 19-03-2005, 04:54 PM
JennyC

"Magwitch" wrote

Somehow Monty has... Sunday's not Sunday without a mug of coffee, feet up on
kitchen table and Monty Don. I think they are on-line, but no pretty
pictures.

This week offering:
http://shopping.guardian.co.uk/house...434907,00.html

Jenny :~)

Old 19-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Magwitch

Des Higgins muttered:

"Magwitch" wrote in message
Des Higgins muttered:

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Des Higgins
writes

I got to like him from his column in the Observer (I have no idea if it
is
still running).

Yes, Monty Don's articles still appear weekly in the Sunday Observer.

Those articles used to be fantastic. They were very stylish and
passionate
when most other gardening columns were about how to kill greenfly on
leeks.
I cannot imagine what he can write about after nearly 10 years of it
though.

Why the past tense? I suppose the great thing about gardening is that
every
year is different, and there is always something to learn or pass on.

Sorry; that does indeed look odd. It is just that I used to read them when
I lived in England (1995,1996) and have not read them since then. They were
great articles then but I really cannot imagine he can maintain that level
of passion and fun
for all the years since then.

Somehow Monty has... Sunday's not Sunday without a mug of coffee, feet up on
kitchen table and Monty Don. I think they are on-line, but no pretty
pictures.

Christopher Lloyd on Saturday morning in the (durty pinko liberal)
Guardan
was also fantastic but for completely different reasons.

Agreed. Great Dixter is one of the 'must see' gardens, my brother worked
there as part of his 'year out' and was inspired.

I would love to see it. I have seen it on TV and in books and it looks
fantastic.

Great gardens, winter or summer.

I enjoy reading them more than watching 4his GW presentations.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.