Old 02-02-2003, 11:06 PM
June Hughes

Default Snowdrops

In article , sacha
writes
in article , June Hughes at
wrote on 29/1/03 11:36 pm:

In article , Cavalier
writes
Hi Group
If I pick some snowdrops will these plants flower next year? Anyone know.

Yes, they divide and spread, so you will have to thin them out in
spring. Bas claims to hate gardening but his snowdrops are a picture
every year.

Re thinning them out, I must say we never touch ours. I should think there
are literally millions here, all of them planted decades ago.

You know best. However, in a pocket-handkerchief space, unless you thin
them, there is nothing else in the ground but snowdrops. Unfortunately,
not all of us are blessed with a huge garden
--
June Hughes
Old 03-02-2003, 12:03 PM
June Hughes

In article , sacha
writes

Most emphatically I do *not* know best. I can only share with others what is
my/our experience, just like everyone else - space and size of garden has
nothing to do with that. What I had hoped to point out was they don't need
to be thinned out to flower 'next year'. The original post appeared to be
answered in that vein.

Sorry to have annoyed you. No offence intended.
--
June Hughes
Old 05-02-2003, 12:57 PM
June Hughes

In article , M Harvey
writes

My snowdrops do not seem to multiply. Would that be because they are in a
sunny position? Can I do anything to help them make more flowers?

When they have finished flowering, you could try dividing the clumps.
Bas just digs over the garden and they divide when he is doing it.
--
June Hughes

when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Rodger Whitlock United Kingdom 5 08-02-2003 10:14 AM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM