Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Pat Meadows

Default garden journals?

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:02:40 -0400, Gary Woods
wrote:

mike wrote:

Frankly, the poster was
right on the mark, considering your original post.....

And if you're into seed saving, recommendations are STRONGLY against
depending on computer records for the all-important accession history
records. They tend to go away unexpectedly, and even backups may likely be
on media that nobody can read in a timeframe short by even human standards.

I do use various computer files, but occasionally print them on dead trees
and place in a folder made of more dead trees.

I do this as well.

There are other considerations though - if you are *really*
serious about it.

For instance, our house could burn down and with it all of
the records that are on paper. But I'd still have a lot of
my records, because I put them on CDs and they are stored in
a friend's house. These get updated monthly.

I'm not *that* serious about gardening records, but I am
very serious about our business tax records so the CD might
as well contain gardening records, recipes, photographs, and
so on. There's plenty of room on one CD for everything I
want to save.

People tell me it's over the top to put my garlic varieties in a
spreadsheet. They're probably right, but if you've seen my handwriting...

Software is a tool and can be a gardening tool. It's just
as much a tool as a hoe, or a rake, or a tiller. Some
people like one tool, some like another.

Pat

Journals of RHS Bob United Kingdom 10 01-02-2004 03:31 PM
Journals of RHS Bob United Kingdom 0 31-01-2004 03:33 PM
Reviewers for our New Journals // Conferences // Books of WSEAS in ISINET // Call for AUTOMATIC CON WSEAS Plant Biology 0 24-01-2004 12:03 AM
WSEAS Books, Journals, Proceedings participate now in all major science citation indexes. WSEAS NEWSLETTER: WSEAS Books, Journals, Proceed Plant Biology 0 06-01-2004 01:03 PM
Access to journals? P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 0 02-05-2003 06:44 PM