Old 03-03-2005, 08:18 PM
The Cook

Default Greenhouse almost done

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

It will be interesting to see how my tomatoes especially do this year.
I am trying "Sun Leaper" this year. I bought some last year at the
farmers market and they were very good. Fairly thick flesh and kept
well.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
Old 04-03-2005, 06:29 AM
Katra

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

It will be interesting to see how my tomatoes especially do this year.
I am trying "Sun Leaper" this year. I bought some last year at the
farmers market and they were very good. Fairly thick flesh and kept
well.

Exciting isn't it? :-)

Don't forget to share pictures!!!
--
K.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:52 PM
The Cook

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

It will be interesting to see how my tomatoes especially do this year.
I am trying "Sun Leaper" this year. I bought some last year at the
farmers market and they were very good. Fairly thick flesh and kept
well.

Exciting isn't it? :-)

Don't forget to share pictures!!!

I will as soon as my husband finished connecting all of the electrical
stuff and I get the trash out. I consider dirt on the floor to be a
normal condition.

Question. Do I need grow lights in the greenhouse? My first guess is
that there is plenty of light for starting seedlings. I am wondering
about keeping some plants going during the winter, especially tomatoes
and herbs. I do love the watering wand.

Old 04-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Katra

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

[...]

Me too. :-) Handy thing whey you have a lot of pots!

I keep lights in the winter, but mostly to keep the temps above freezing.

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 07:52:18 -0500, The Cook
wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

My husband is hooking up the electricity now so we can have heat in
the greenhouse tonight. I transplanted my broccoli, rapini and
lettuce today. I hope I never have to transplant 3" tall plants with
only two leaves. I also started tomatoes and herbs today. Think I
will wait a couple of weeks to start peppers and eggplant. I think
most everything else get planted directly outside.

I envy you!

Question. Do I need grow lights in the greenhouse? My first guess is
that there is plenty of light for starting seedlings. I am wondering
about keeping some plants going during the winter, especially tomatoes
and herbs. I do love the watering wand.

I would think lights would be a good idea in winter. Winter days
are shorter, and the sunlight is less intense. Maybe have them
come on early, say 7-ish, and go off around 9 when the sun is
fully up. then they could come on again around 4 when the light
starts to fade. Most of the cheap light timers have two settings
on them now.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 14-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Serendipity

The Cook wrote:

Katra wrote:

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

[...]

Hi, I have a hobby greenhouse 6' x 8',installed last year greenhouse.
We shut it down the first part of Nov because I wasn't comfortable
leaving an electric heater going. We installed grow lights that worked
well and were needed once the sun got lower and the days shorter. We
are in zone 6b. I'm getting ready to open the greenhouse back up. The
temps are fine during the day so adding the grow lights add heat during
the night. It will likely be the end of Mar before everything is up and
going full tilt. We found Aug almost too hot so this year will add
shading. The watering wand is great!
Old 15-03-2005, 03:38 AM
Norma Briggs

I am jealous.....wah....wah...I want one too...

That being said: ((((((((good for you)))))))...enjoy it and keep us posted

Old 23-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:19:06 -0600, Katra
wrote:

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/eazy-4.shtml

Oh!

Me want

Penelope
Old 23-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Katra

wrote:

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/eazy-4.shtml

Oh!

Me want

Penelope

QED! :-)
They take phone/credit card orders... lol
I had them by UPS in less than 2 weeks!

I'm seriously wanting to look for a dealership for these. They sell
nothing like this locally and I'm betting they would do well!
Just not sure where to look or who to contact for a wholesale
contract..... :-P The web has not been very revealing, and neither was
anything in the packaging!

They are remarkably well made for being an import.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Serendipity

Ken Anderson wrote:

This is on sale for $299. Anyone have any experience with it? Extremely good
price!
Ken

Hi Ken. My greenhouse is very similar to this. I haven't had a problem
other than the door. Large gusts of wind coming from the right
direction will cause the door to lift enough then come off. I'm
modifying the entrance this spring. Too much heat can be a problem but
I think that is the same with any greenhouse.

What was first done for the vehicle again is done for the home necromancer Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:40 PM
What was first done for the vehicle again is done for the home Eeyore Ponds 0 25-12-2007 08:21 PM
What was first done for the vehicle again is done for the home Brent P Ponds 0 25-12-2007 05:55 PM
[IBC] Benches done John NJ Bonsai 3 01-04-2003 02:33 AM
[IBC] Location in Yard (was Benches done) John NJ Bonsai 1 30-03-2003 02:33 AM