Old 26-07-2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Help........

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Full length or short story -
Downstairs toilet backed up (again - some one is using too much paper) and
that was in the beginning stages of making summer squash saute. Burned the
first round of butter and garlic

Rather than waiting until the unclogging was complete, I grabbed the FROZEN
butter and THWACK - nine stitches later....

Ouch! Oh dear - heal well!
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 26-07-2007, 05:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Billy Rose expounded:

Personally, I've always greatly admired Bernhard Goetz. No one had to
say anything, he just saw it comin' and dealt with it.

Why, Billy, my admiration for you just rose a bit!

Great, now tell me why frozen butter had anything to do wth whatever
happened to Cheryl.

FB - FFF (raise a big stink)
--
Billy
http://angryarab.blogspot.com/
Old 26-07-2007, 05:54 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
Ann wrote:

Billy Rose expounded:

Personally, I've always greatly admired Bernhard Goetz. No one had to
say anything, he just saw it comin' and dealt with it.

Why, Billy, my admiration for you just rose a bit!

Great, now tell me why frozen butter had anything to do wth whatever
happened to Cheryl.

You confused too? Frozen butter? (which is weird in itself), clogged
toilet and burning saute stuff???
........ and then THWACK???

Old 26-07-2007, 11:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Billy Rose expounded:

Great, now tell me why frozen butter had anything to do wth whatever
happened to Cheryl.

The knife must have slipped - if you expect the butter to slice like
soft butter does but instead it's hard as a brick (with that bit of
slickness as the surface melts) then *thwack*!

Or something like that G
Old 26-07-2007, 01:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

"gldancer" wrote in message
oups.com...

I totally agree with this idea! Use the media - they love stories
like this! And listen to Joe!

gloria in soggy hemlock hollow

This reminds me - call the Nature Conservancy and see if anyone can offer
advice. They know how to deal with scumbags in local government.

http://www.nature.org/

They once set up a fake real estate development corporation so they could
bid on a piece of beachfront property that a town board wanted to rape (in
NJ). They successfully bought the land and kept it pristeen, which is what
the locals wanted all along.

Old 26-07-2007, 01:20 PM posted to rec.gardens

Charlie wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:52:24 -0700, Billy Rose
wrote:

Personally, I've always greatly admired Bernhard Goetz. No one had to
say anything, he just saw it comin' and dealt with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy

Happened near the town I grew up in and was living in at the time.

Still live in the general area.

Charlie

Interesting. They made one big mistake, though: They didn't deal with his
kids. Were his kids considered "normal"?

Old 26-07-2007, 03:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"cat daddy" wrote:

"Billy Rose" wrote in message
In article ,
Ann wrote:

Billy Rose expounded:

Personally, I've always greatly admired Bernhard Goetz. No one had to
say anything, he just saw it comin' and dealt with it.

Why, Billy, my admiration for you just rose a bit!

Great, now tell me why frozen butter had anything to do wth whatever
happened to Cheryl.

You confused too? Frozen butter? (which is weird in itself), clogged
toilet and burning saute stuff???
....... and then THWACK???

The chef's number one friend and enemy, the sharp knife.

FB - FFF
Old 26-07-2007, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default I want the recipe

I rinse my chick peas well (if using canned chick peas)
put it in the cuisinart. Squirt lemon juice in until it nearly covers
the peas. A couple heaping tablespoons of tahini. A squirt of
Chinese sesame oil (if the oil doesnt have an obvious smell of sesame
it isnt good enough). a dash of salt, 4-5 fresh cloves of garlic. A
dribble of olive oil. I start to process and then dribble in more
olive oil until it looks smooth not lumpy.
I turn it out into a flat bowl, make a dent in the middle, sprinkle
with paprika and dribble olive oil in the middle.
I now serve hummus with sesame seed bread sticks.
Ingrid

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:36:20 -0400, William Wagner
More Hummus Recipes
INGREDIENTS:
€ 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
€ 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
€ 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
€ 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
€ 2 cloves garlic, crushed
€ 1/2 teaspoon salt
€ 2 tablespoons olive oil
PREPARATION:
Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining
ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from
chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and
smooth.

Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the
hummus.

Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish
with parsley (optional).

Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and
refrigerate.
Variations
For a spicier hummus, add a sliced red chile or a dash of cayenne pepper.
Storing Hummus
Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the
freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be
too dry.

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM