Old 23-07-2007, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help........

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

There are only two reasons why politicians do things like this: They are
either stupid (not so likely), or they are going to benefit financially from
something happening. I won't explain partnerships to you, but it's likely
that some of your local slobs are involved in real estate development.

Get a lawyer. Now.

Ok, will wait to hear back from friend on who would be good and might
could take on our case. In the meantime, will still make some phone
calls tomorrow, and see what i might can find out. mom will have the
kids for me, so i can talk without having to worry about them screaming
or having to change dirty diapers (that is impossible to do one-handedly
with my two swiggle wiggle worms)in the middle of the phone
conversation. carrying on important conversation like that can be a
little hard to do with a baby & 2yr old in the house. they are up before
offices open, and naps don't normally coincide, so.....it makes it hard
to get certain things done.

appreciate the help and advice from you & billy. will put it to use
tomorrow (somewhere around 10:30). you will know when i find something
out, i will post it. at least i feel a little better about talking to
the higher powers about it now. know a little more about what to say. in
the meantime, if you come up with anything else.......

gotta find something for supper,
rae
Old 23-07-2007, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

[...]

Starting with the first phone call, get the first and last names of everyone
you speak with, BEFORE you start the discussion. If you can't spell their
name, ask them for the spelling. Again, do this BEFORE the discussion. If
the discussion becomes contentious, many people will not want to disclose
their names.

Old 23-07-2007, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Starting with the first phone call, get the first and last names of everyone
you speak with, BEFORE you start the discussion. If you can't spell their
name, ask them for the spelling. Again, do this BEFORE the discussion. If
the discussion becomes contentious, many people will not want to disclose
their names.

thanks for reminding me....used to do that for the doctors i worked for
when talking to insurance companies regarding procedures and billing.
Old 23-07-2007, 10:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

http://www.google.com/search?q=land%20rights

http://law.justanswer.com/?r=galaw&g...FQ1dPgodkhf1LQ

Looks like JoeSpareBedroom is right on about getting a layer.

Complex stuff.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Old 24-07-2007, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens

William Wagner wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q=land%20rights

http://law.justanswer.com/?r=galaw&g...FQ1dPgodkhf1LQ

Looks like JoeSpareBedroom is right on about getting a layer.

Complex stuff.

Bill

hey bill,

thanks for the links. had done a google search, and checked the
wikipedia, but hadn't turned up the other link you posted, waiting on my
answer now.....you're right about it being complex. I'm bout ready to
pull my hair out already...hummm, wonder what i'd look like bald? lol

btw, decided on supper. on the menu: garlic & parmesan fries and string
beans, pork tenderloin (seasoned with garlic salt, balsamic vinaigrette,
& honey), and cilantro corn-salad. Anyone hungry?

rachael aka rae

not rachael ray.......yet!

Old 24-07-2007, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help........results 1

rachael simpson wrote:
William Wagner wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q=land%20rights

http://law.justanswer.com/?r=galaw&g...FQ1dPgodkhf1LQ

Looks like JoeSpareBedroom is right on about getting a layer.

Complex stuff.

Bill

hey bill,

thanks for the links. had done a google search, and checked the
wikipedia, but hadn't turned up the other link you posted, waiting on my
answer now.....you're right about it being complex. I'm bout ready to
pull my hair out already...hummm, wonder what i'd look like bald? lol

btw, decided on supper. on the menu: garlic & parmesan fries and string
beans, pork tenderloin (seasoned with garlic salt, balsamic vinaigrette,
& honey), and cilantro corn-salad. Anyone hungry?

rachael aka rae

not rachael ray.......yet!

got an answer from one on the just answer site. the response basically
boils down to what joe figured.....get a lawyer else where....in the
same response, they offered to take the case at their firm...but no real
answers/suggestions other than that...wouldn't be surprised if that was
their response to every question...
Old 24-07-2007, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

rachael simpson wrote:
William Wagner wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't go with a lawyer outside of the state. Out of town, yes, but not
out of state. Not for something like this, which may involve arcane laws
that are different elsewhere.

For instance, in Sag Harbor NY, it is illegal to possess a pig on Main
Street, on Sundays.

Old 24-07-2007, 03:33 AM posted to rec.gardens

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"rachael simpson" wrote in message
got an answer from one on the just answer site. the response basically
boils down to what joe figured.....get a lawyer else where....in the same
response, they offered to take the case at their firm...but no real
answers/suggestions other than that...wouldn't be surprised if that was
their response to every question...

I wouldn't go with a lawyer outside of the state. Out of town, yes, but not
out of state. Not for something like this, which may involve arcane laws
that are different elsewhere.

For instance, in Sag Harbor NY, it is illegal to possess a pig on Main
Street, on Sundays.

that's a weird one....why only on sundays? what's a pig got to do with
sundays? town near here (newton grove) has a law that no one can peddle
in the city limits on sunday, and no re-current yard-sales anytime. one
time only deal, with permit...

it wouldn't be practical for us to go out of state anyway. friend
forwarded me info on three attorneys here, and said to hang on for one
more that he's trying to get in touch with himself. said the attorney
owes him a huge personal favor...and my friend owes me one or two
anyway..(not that i'm counting or would keep up with such things like
that)...maybe we'll get lucky...
Old 24-07-2007, 06:41 AM
Registered User

Smile

rachael simpson;733034]rachael simpson wrote:
William Wagner wrote:
[...]

okay first thing id like to know is if they did an environmental impact report did u give them permission to go onto your land to do it? if not then they trespassed. also are u sure that one was done?
you have the right as the land owner to see all aspects of that report and they cannot tell u otherwise.
also since the water hits a dead end what does it have to do with anyone unless as has been mentioned there are some wells close to your area.
sounds like someone is going to get paid big bucks for something to do with that land and if everyone here is in agreement and i would be sure that they are its the relatives.
if the hydro goes by your area then there is a potential for development for factories etc in that area and it would be great because the power grid is right there.
i sure would push this issue and get hold of a newspaper as was mentioned--a fairly large one outside of your town if possible--and let them know whats going on. also get hold of a national television station outside of your area.
also get hold of your the environmental office and any farming groups or organization that u know of. if u are not able to find any of them contact your ministry of agriculture and im sure they can help. then lets see what happens. good luck, sockiescat.
Old 24-07-2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

rachael simpson said:

Someone on here (joe, was it? not sure..) mentioned that i should ask to
see their environmental impact report. I did, and they claim that I
don't have the right to see it. Say it's not necessary for me to see it.

That sounds to me like a pile of B.S. I am pretty sure that your state's
Freedom of Information Act would apply.

Sad to say, I think you need a lawyer (someone not cozy with the people
behind this) and at some point you should talk to the press. They will
*certainly* be interested in the fact that you 'didn't have the right to see
it.' FOIA is an important tool for an investigative reporter.

http://www.rcfp.org/foi_letter/generate.php

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
http://www.rcfp.org

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 24-07-2007, 12:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default I want the recipe Help........

On 7/23/07 7:00 PM, in article , "rachael
simpson" wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
http://www.google.com/search?q=land%20rights

http://law.justanswer.com/?r=galaw&g...FQ1dPgodkhf1LQ

Looks like JoeSpareBedroom is right on about getting a layer.

Complex stuff.

Bill

hey bill,

thanks for the links. had done a google search, and checked the
wikipedia, but hadn't turned up the other link you posted, waiting on my
answer now.....you're right about it being complex. I'm bout ready to
pull my hair out already...hummm, wonder what i'd look like bald? lol

btw, decided on supper. on the menu: garlic & parmesan fries and string
beans, pork tenderloin (seasoned with garlic salt, balsamic vinaigrette,
& honey), and cilantro corn-salad. Anyone hungry?

rachael aka rae

not rachael ray.......yet!

For the corn salad

Will trade my chickpea salad recipe

Old 24-07-2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default I want the recipe

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

btw, decided on supper. on the menu: garlic & parmesan fries and string
beans, pork tenderloin (seasoned with garlic salt, balsamic vinaigrette,
& honey), and cilantro corn-salad. Anyone hungry?

rachael aka rae

not rachael ray.......yet!

For the corn salad

Will trade my chickpea salad recipe

Cilantro Corn Salad
1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp. ground ginger
4 cups frozen corn, thawed, drained
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped

COMBINE dressing, yogurt, cilantro and ginger in medium bowl.
ADD remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover.
REFRIGERATE at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.

original recipe calls for jalapeno, but i used my cayenne of
course....also use more bell pepper or banana pepper instead, when
cooking for socials, in case someone doesn't like the hotter stuff.

this recipe makes around 8 servings
Old 24-07-2007, 02:23 PM posted to rec.gardens

sockiescat wrote:

[...]

Since I have not seen the environmental report myself, I don't know in
truth, if they actually did one. At a meeting with DOT, at the pasture,
I asked about it, and was told that they had. When I asked to see it at
that time, they said they didn't have a copy with them, to call their
office. When I called the office is when I was told that I didn't have
the right and it wasn't necessary for me to see it.

Will begin making the proper calls as soon as mom picks up the kids...
will begin with environment office and go from there. Friend (the judge)
has gotten a attorney i am to speak with at 2:00 eastern this afternoon.
was told to let attorney take care of talking to press, if that
becomes necessary. Have alerted the local wild horse rescue chapter,
also. (2 of the horses are rehabilitated, formerly wild mustangs)

thanks for the input,
rae
Old 24-07-2007, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
rachael simpson said:

Someone on here (joe, was it? not sure..) mentioned that i should ask to
see their environmental impact report. I did, and they claim that I
don't have the right to see it. Say it's not necessary for me to see it.

That sounds to me like a pile of B.S. I am pretty sure that your state's
Freedom of Information Act would apply.

Sad to say, I think you need a lawyer (someone not cozy with the people
behind this) and at some point you should talk to the press. They will
*certainly* be interested in the fact that you 'didn't have the right to see
it.' FOIA is an important tool for an investigative reporter.

http://www.rcfp.org/foi_letter/generate.php

The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press
http://www.rcfp.org

thank you! hadn't even thought of that one...you guys are
genius...that's why i posted this here... i knew someone could tell me
something i had missed...
Old 24-07-2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

[...]

By the way, this sounds like a great time to put up a whole bunch of those
"no trespassing" signs that hardware stores sell. Get the kind that have a
space where you can add the landowner's name. Call the cops instantly if you
see anyone on the land. Ask your lawyer what the maximum penalty is, and if
it's a night in jail, insist on it. No deal. No negotiating. You know they
wanted to hurt or steal the horses, right? :-)

[IMG] code is On

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM