Old 07-07-2008, 07:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Salvaging - A Closer Look

"Yard mans bitch" wrote in message
In article ,
"Don Staples" wrote:

What is this fascination with home grown pharmaceuticals, as you call
them? You seem obsessed. At least you cleaned up your language, thanks.
You shouldn't need me to look up the definitions for "strip" and
"cutting" for you. "Dark under belly" IIRC your melancholy description
of yourself, so I leave the definition to you. I have an abysmal lack of
forestry, environmental, and nature? What are you trying to say?
I wanna be what? Like you? God forbid! Then it is back to your
fascination with drugs. Are you a consulting expert in this field, or
does god just talk to you directly? Where in your response is there the
slightest bit of authority supported information? What set you down this
road when all I did was ask a simple question of Dave? Got it? Dave, not
you. You just going to stand there in your muddy boots and glare?

You used the term "strip cutting" a term I never heard anyone in the
business use, so, from your fertile imagination, what is it? I know hard
questions like that take a lot out of your revelries, but give it a try.

Oh, least you think all is love and kisses, **** off, doper.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:

[...]

Since you seem to be too weighed down with scatological baggage to look
figure it out, strip cutting would be to remove (strip) by cutting. How
is your little brain? That wasn't too much at once for our little "muddy
booted dirty underbelly" was it? Be sure to take them off before you go
into your halls of ivory or it will eventually look like any other pig
sty. Oh, little guy, talking dirty doesn't make you manly. It just
exposes you for the ignorant, insensitive jerk that you are. Just
another mean/maudlin drunk.

From: "D. Staples"
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:58:40 -0500
Subject: alt.forestry

Don: Ah, but Joe, we are merely the dirty underbelly of the profession,
the one's that actually get mud on our boots, what could we collectively
know about the profession of forestry. We don't get the strokes, the
diamond studded collars, or the "Forester of the Year" awards. All we
do is grow trees and manage forests. This site represents the real
world of forestry. The archivists will call us a cult, or untermenchen,
of the real forestry world recorded in the great Halls of Ivory.
----

Jeez Donny, how maudlin can you get? Don't feel too bad though, Donny
boy. Some day others will think of you the same as we do, nothin'.
Halls of Ivy, but Ivory? Did you just fall out of a Marvel comic book?

Ignore this fool
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 08-07-2008, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Don Staples" wrote:

Since you seem to be too weighed down with scatological baggage to look
figure it out, strip cutting would be to remove (strip) by cutting. How
is your little brain? That wasn't too much at once for our little "muddy
booted dirty underbelly" was it? Be sure to take them off before you go
into your halls of ivory or it will eventually look like any other pig
sty. Oh, little guy, talking dirty doesn't make you manly. It just
exposes you for the ignorant, insensitive jerk that you are. Just
another mean/maudlin drunk.

Ah, you mean clear cutting, what the profession calls it, to bad you talk
about forestry, but fail to understand the terms, the correct terms, and use
them correctly. To much for you, huh, doper? So tell us, the great
unwashed masses, what, as you call it, strip cutting does? How much is
removed, what is left behind. Since there are a multitude of forest types,
perhaps you would be so good as to give an in depth annalysis of all those
types, which ones respond to "strip" cutting, and which ones do not. YOU
have all that knowledge, right, yard mans bitch?

From: "D. Staples"
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 20:58:40 -0500

Don: Ah, but Joe, we are merely the dirty underbelly of the profession,
the one's that actually get mud on our boots, what could we collectively
know about the profession of forestry. We don't get the strokes, the
diamond studded collars, or the "Forester of the Year" awards. All we
do is grow trees and manage forests. This site represents the real
world of forestry. The archivists will call us a cult, or untermenchen,
of the real forestry world recorded in the great Halls of Ivory.

I see that dope has prevented you from posting the entire thread, and that
dope does not let you see satire when applied.

Jeez Donny, how maudlin can you get? Don't feel too bad though, Donny
boy. Some day others will think of you the same as we do, nothin'.
Halls of Ivy, but Ivory? Did you just fall out of a Marvel comic book?

You actually think, what a concept, you still have one or two working brain
cells.

Ignore this fool

Speaking of ignoring fools, yard mans bitch is one to watch, he seldom adds
to the conversation, gets into his pipe and crawls out.

As I have said often, **** off, doper.

--

Yard mans bitch
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:40:36 -0700, Billy
wrote:

What is that old story about a Southern Baptist can't be happy because
they know somewhere someone is having a good time?

Heh heh.....aint' that the truth.

Ah, good to see you up and around junger. Miss yo crusty ol' ass.

Oh, I know there is a lot of bad things goin' on at every second but O
try to think about the sweetness, and the happiness, and the tenderness
that is happening as I wake up, have lunch, and while I sleep. We got to
get rid of that crap, and you know who is at the head of my list.

Two hundred years from now, if there is anybody left, they'll look back
and be amazed how superstitious and ignorant we were.

Yet....superstition, religion, science and all aside.....it all comes
down to one unanswerable question....and that is....from whence came
matter? There is no reason that there should be *anything*, eh? From
whence comes anything? There is no logically explainable anything that
explains this. Meant to drive us crazy and kill one another, I
suppose.

Perhaps Alan Watts was right. Maybe we are simply god playing hide and
seek with himself.

Did you ever have occasion to cross with him?

No, but I had one of his classmates for a philosophy instructor, lo
these many years ago, Pierre Grimes. He was a gooden too.

But screw the old "dark underbelly of forestry". How is your garden
coming along. Sometimes I really envy you flat land people. Plenty warm
here today. The weather guesser said it got to 92F. Felt hotter.
Tomorrow we are supposed to break the century mark. Got my spray nozzel
out and I'm misting the vegetation every couple of hours. Wearing a long
sleeve white shirt, shorts, and a straw hat. Occasionally, I shot the
water straight up. Cheap thrills;o)

Sheet mon, sounds like you be dresson' like one o' them hippie farmer
types. Bet you even wear them hippie sandals, eh brother! ;-)

Birkenstocks? I'm in California man, what do you expect me to be
wearing? I'm still of the opinion that clothes are optional. If people
don't like what they see, they shouldn't look.

It was a hot bitch here in the flatlands today...97F and 60%
humid.....I;ve been out doing the garden by headlamp, avoiding the
heat. Had to water most of the pots (that is containers, as in
container gardening, Dumbass Staples, not watering the *dope*) three
times today. Counted them and we have 72 containers.

I did three waterings (well one watering and two mistings) today. Wicked
heat, the little plants can't take it.

Down to my last hand full of blueberries. Getting a few pretty nice
strawberries. The squash is a couple of days away from eating and I'm
trying to figure out haw to speed up the "Golden Bantam" sweet corn.

Got my other eye-ball done on Thursday. Gotta get me some reading
glasses tomorrow. The newspaper is just frustrating. I have a reading
glass but it is awkward to use while reading a newspaper and drinking a
cup of coffee. Then of course there is all the nekked women running
around, and the darn hookah keeps getting knocked over, and I keep
losing the cork to my breakfast, but I insist on cooking my eggs in real
butter;o))

Oh baby...eggs in butter simply don't get no better!!!

Then I fold in a little onion, jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, kalamata
olives, a slice of cheedar, a little smoked pig or turkey, and some of
Mrs. Renfro's green salsa inside and out with some toasted french bread
on the side, and serve it up with a glass of Two Buck Chuck and call it
brunch (I dump way too much glycogen in the morning to do it any
earlier). Then with any luck I garden. If not, I get a much deserved nap.

Speaking of newspapers, The KC Star just discontinued delivery to our
area and laid off a shitload of employees. Speaks for itself. Des
Moines no longer brings down either and talk is that Omaha is
considering.

I almost wish that the local fish wrap would fold (NY Times subsidiary:
The Press Democrat). It is strictly infotainment and doesn't explain or
put into context any thing. If anything, it is trying to undermine
our local Representative (Lynn Woolsey) who is doing a damn good job.
This area is very liberal but at least half the letters to the editor
are nut case conservatives. Not conservatives, I repeat, nut case
conservatives who would rather cut off medical and cost of living
benefits to the old, the sick, and the young than talk about raising
taxes. This while insisting that people who keep their yachts out of the
country for three months after buying them, should be charged less than
standard sales tax. Scharzenegger is a jerk. He is no better than "Gray"
Davis, the jerk he replaced.

Assuming the peeper is doing as expected and the kitchen color is now
proper. Whadda ya' think....are ye as handsome as you last remember?
And I bet Lovey is even Lovlier......

Wines start out fruity, which they lose with age but in the process
develop a more complex bouquet. I was having trouble with my sight. My
taste has always been good. And you know, I know she has gotten older
but I still see the girl I fell in love with.

Ain't nothing better than the morning paper, a proper cup of coffee
from a copper coffee pot, and eggs done in butter....after a
wine-filled-hookah appetizer, of course. Poor old republican staples
is wound too tight.

Well, at least I'm out of bed by 7 AM most days. T'was a time it was
more like noon and all my appetites were satiated. Every age is
different.

Some things money can't buy, true love, and home grown tomatoes.

Amen Bruddah... ;-)

and Halleluja . . .;o))

Peace, Love and Don Staples
Charlie

Ah yes, the eternal dualism. Can't have an up without the down.

Good talkin' with you junger.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Old 09-07-2008, 05:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article , Charlie wrote:

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:24:27 -0500, "Don Staples"
wrote:

Does that mean you are through, ass hole?

Not likely, dope.

Charlie

I think we have given this foul-mouthed, muddy booted, dark-under belly
of a pretentious untermench too much space. Let's go back to the
sunshine.

106F here yesterday. Emilie, up in our northern outpost of civilization
here in California, beat me out at 109F. Temp is miserable for people
but my mature tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers are loving it. I can
practically watch the tomatoes turning red. My fringe pink (dianthus
superbus) is in bloom and adds some color to the green of the hedges and
ivy. I think I need more bio-mass before I start experimenting with it.
The twig of an English hawthorn that I got last year is about three feet
high and has four main branches. Hopefully, I can start harvesting it
next year. The raccoon that ravaged the cabbage and the lettuce, seems
to have moved on. No further incidents since I started relieving myself
in his dining area.

Talk later. Time to button up the house again.

Shields up!
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Billy...General BS and a bit of Garden....was Salvaging - A Closer Look

In article , Charlie wrote:

Did you ever have occasion to cross with him?

No, but I had one of his classmates for a philosophy instructor, lo
these many years ago, Pierre Grimes. He was a gooden too.

"Goin' to San Bernadino, ring-a-ding-ding..."

Que?

Same Pierre Grimes that is doing the Spiritual Midwifery thing? You
ran with some enlightened folks, bro, indeed you did. Degrees of
seperation and all that and I can make claim now to Alan Watts in just
a couple. ;-)

Always wondered what ever happened to Pierre. I was taking classes at
Orange Coast College (J.C.) in Costa Mesa when I took his class in
philosophy. He looked to be about 28. It was in his class that I
discovered the humor in Plato's Socrates. In any event, nearly a half
century later I still remember him. Thanks for the stroll down memory
lane))
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 09-07-2008, 08:11 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

Does that mean you are through, ass hole?

Not likely, dope.

Charlie

I think we have given this foul-mouthed, muddy booted, dark-under belly
of a pretentious untermench too much space. Let's go back to the
sunshine.

So, you and your other dopers are giving up trying to be foresters, how
nice.

[IMG] code is On

forestry a closer look symplastless Gardening 0 15-04-2007 02:39 PM
A closer look Wendy7 Orchid Photos 6 05-04-2007 04:17 PM
A closer look at trees John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 1 24-01-2005 11:39 PM
A Closer Look At Trees John A. Keslick, Jr. Australia 0 23-01-2005 11:41 PM
A Closer Look At Trees John A. Keslick, Jr. United Kingdom 0 23-01-2005 11:40 PM