Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Systemic pesticide for roses

On May 6, 11:28*pm, "Freckles" wrote:
Charlie wrote in message

On Wed, 6 May 2009 20:19:34 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

"Phisherman" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 5 May 2009 00:08:50 -0500, "Freckles"
wrote:

I would like to use a systemic pesticide on my roses.

I've heard systemic pesticides can be very dangerous.

Anything misused can be dangerous. *For example, water can be very
dangerous.

I've tried several different sprays and am not satisfied with the
results.

Not all systemic products are sprayed. *Spraying can be hazardous due
to inhalation.

Can anyone recommend a brand of systemic pesticide that is not so
dangerous
to humans and pets?

There are Rose Food/Systemic products that are applied to the soil,
scratched in and the pesticide is taken up by the roots.

I use the Ortho product (Bayer makes one too) on my roses only. * I am
willing to try other remedies, that is, if there is one that I have
not tried. *Aphids are hard to control.

Thanks,

Freckles

I have ordered Bayer's systemic pesticide/food spikes.

Thanks for supporting a company that is poisoning my grandchildren and
the pollinators and a lot of other living things.

Supposedly one just shoves a spike into the ground next to the rose and it
will kill pests and feed the plant for up to 2 months.

Sprays of all kinds bother me. The thought of breathing any of them scares
me.

For Eff's sake......putting them in the water supply doesn't scare
you?

If the spikes work, I think that will be the easiest and safest way to
take
care of my roses.

Educate yourself, and/or quit trying to grow stuff that perhaps
shouldn't be grown. *Damn.

If you think you have a problen with Bayer and their products complain to
your congressmen and Senators.

Easier not to buy.
Old 15-05-2009, 08:21 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
Garrapata wrote:

Now people bitch and moan and complain and as I've said here before
they are working with City Council land the legislature to allow
hunting, shooting and killing the deer in city limits! What the F!

On the Monterey Peninsula California mountain lions have been killing
deer. There have been kills in residential neighborhoods practically in
downtown Pacific Grove and Carmel

Sounds weird, like it was natural or somethin' ;O)
--

- Billy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En2TzBE0lp4

Old 15-05-2009, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 6, 9:36*pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

*Frank wrote:
Systemic means it's taken up and circulated within the
entire plant. *Systemics are really only dangerous if
you eat some part of the treated plant.

ANd the environment Frank? How does it affect the environment Frank?

That depends on the exact compound. Systemic
vs topical is a distinction which indicates nothing else.

Personally, for anything that goes directly into
the ground, I'd go strictly organic.