Old 07-08-2010, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Could It Soon Be Against The Law To Have A Home Garden In The U.S.???

Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt the little
guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...omegrown-food/

Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 8/7/2010 2:14 PM, EVP MAN wrote:

Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt the little
guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...omegrown-food/

This won't pass.
But, I figure, one of these days they are going to tax you for doing
your own gardening and yard work since if you paid someone to do it,
they would have to pay tax.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

(EVP MAN) wrote in
:

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...gal-to-grow-sh
are-trade-or-sell-homegrown-food/

"the most dangerous bill in the history of the US"

Puuhhlleeaassee....nwofighters is a bit too biased for me to take anything
they say seriously...
Old 08-08-2010, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens

EVP MAN wrote:
Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt the
little guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...omegrown-food/

As an outsider I found this article pretty well useless. It goes on about
the evils of this bill and gets the knife into Monsanto but never actually
tells you (or gives a link to) what this bill actually says, nor does it
explain why it is so evil. I found the reference to HAACP confusing and in
the absence of showing any connection I wondered what it has to do with this
bill other than somebody they don't like is responsible for it has some
connection to HAACP.

There may be something to this issue but these blokes were not able to say
what it was. What is the value of journalism that is all allegation and no
substance?

David

Old 08-08-2010, 05:13 AM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

EVP MAN wrote:
Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt the
little guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...o-grow-share-t
rade-or-sell-homegrown-food/

As an outsider I found this article pretty well useless. It goes on about
the evils of this bill and gets the knife into Monsanto but never actually
tells you (or gives a link to) what this bill actually says, nor does it
explain why it is so evil. I found the reference to HAACP confusing and in
the absence of showing any connection I wondered what it has to do with this
bill other than somebody they don't like is responsible for it has some
connection to HAACP.

There may be something to this issue but these blokes were not able to say
what it was. What is the value of journalism that is all allegation and no
substance?

David

Still, I suppose that it must be investigated since what once seemed
absurd, now seems to be common place.

The joys of a police state, don't you know.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude

Old 08-08-2010, 08:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

On Aug 7, 2:15*pm, BB
m wrote:
(EVP MAN) wrote :

Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt
the little guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...t-illegal-to-g
row-share-trade-or-sell-homegrown-food/

Monsanto isn't necessarily evil (though, some of what they do
causes me a little concern...)

Yes they ARE "evil". You need to read independent sources that field
dedicated investigative reporters, like newspapers used to have in the
good old days.

Now there's not much left in the alternative press that is not nut-
fringe political.

One of the few remaining investigative journals is dear old "Mother
Jones" magazine.
What they dig up on a nothing budget puts the well-funded biggies to
shame.
They've won many top journalistic awards for their reporting.

A story they ran on Monsanto a few years ago still give me chills.
If I can find it, I'll summarize. but briefly: In poor country "x"
they took
over water such that the peasants, who used to draw from their own
wells, have to BUY bottled water from Monsanto! These are people
who can barely feed their children, much less buy bottled water
for fear of using their own.

And what Monsanto has done in the "developing" world, forcing
farmers to buy new seed every year instead of taking their own
seed (as farmers have done for millennia) is a CRIME!

These are horrible, horrible exploiters. But of course they're so
wired into the Congressional whorehouse that they can get away
almost literally with murder.

And I can't take any person who believes in the poorly-defined "New
World Order" seriously. *There's just no clear evidence for it; as
far as I can tell it's all just conspiracy theories...

Most of it probably is. Hoi Polloi in America is so ignorant, it's
frightening.

On a more substantial point: There is blindingly clear evidence for
the corporate takeover of
our country. Started big-time perhaps 30-35 years ago, and until the
last election, was
zipping along in full control. (Katrina; Gulf spill; Iraq,
Afghanistan; Wall Street -- the latter of which,
may I remind you, suppurated under Bush and even some Clinton, during
the years when nobody
was minding the regulatory store.)

Now Obama is making feeble gestures, but he's not the leader people
hoped for,
listening to those dynamic campaign speeches.

[...]

H.B.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered User

Hey hey I don't think this will never happen, as I feel Gardening is every man's right.
And nobody can stop us from doing it
Old 09-08-2010, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Could It Soon Be Against The Law To Have A Home Garden In TheU...

I feel the same way. Growing ones own food is a God given right! I
will continue to grow my own garden at any cost (even jail) if it should
ever come to that. I honestly don't think it will because that could
very well be grounds for another revolution.........LOL

Rich

Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Aug 7, 2:15*pm, BB
m wrote:
(EVP MAN) wrote
:

[...]

I found this science fiction book an excellent read. "The Windup Girl by
Paolo Bacigalupi". In the future, companies were genetically engineering
blights that would destroy heirloom fruits and vegetables. They would
have their own versions of food sources that would be resistant to the
diseases that they created and they controlled the seed stocks to their
sterile plants. These corporations were rich and powerful.

The Windup Girl [Hardcover], ISBN-10: 1597801577

Fiction... can have an insight to a real future.

YES! Corporations can be EVIL!

--
Enjoy Life... Dan

Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
DanielK wrote:

Hey hey I don't think this will never happen, as I feel Gardening is
every man's right.
And nobody can stop us from doing it

Don't be so sure!

I think of catching rain and water rights and am not so sure either.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
globalvoicesonline.org

Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Aug 7, 2:15*pm, BB
m wrote:
(EVP MAN) wrote
:

[...]

There was a time too, that I didn't think Americans would kill a couple
of dozen people, to kill one suspected "terrorist.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens

"BB" m wrote in message
(EVP MAN) wrote in
:

Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt
the little guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...t-illegal-to-g
row-share-trade-or-sell-homegrown-food/

Monsanto isn't necessarily evil (though, some of what they do
causes me a little concern...)

And I can't take any person who believes in the poorly-defined "New
World Order" seriously. There's just no clear evidence for it; as
far as I can tell it's all just conspiracy theories...

~~BB

What are your 5 favorite news sources?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

"BB" m wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

What are your 5 favorite news sources?

If I were to provide you with that information, what would you do
with it?

How would you respond if I said my favorite news sources were Regis
Philbin, Glenn Beck, Ronn Owens, Sarah Palin, and Bob Woodward?
Would it make a difference if I said I liked Fox News? MSNBC?
CBS? Mother Jones? Associated Press? BBC? Al Jazeera? Or the
local Alternative Press' weekly publication?

~~BB

It's fun to ask the question because some people can't even name ONE news
source which they consult regularly.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 PM posted to rec.gardens

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"BB" m wrote in
message ...
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

What are your 5 favorite news sources?

If I were to provide you with that information, what would you do
with it?

How would you respond if I said my favorite news sources were Regis
Philbin, Glenn Beck, Ronn Owens, Sarah Palin, and Bob Woodward?
Would it make a difference if I said I liked Fox News? MSNBC?
CBS? Mother Jones? Associated Press? BBC? Al Jazeera? Or the
local Alternative Press' weekly publication?

~~BB

It's fun to ask the question because some people can't even name ONE
news source which they consult regularly.

Some people don't consult any "news sources" at all regularly. And along
with the question you ignored, why are you asking? So you can ridicule
those that don't use the same news sources that you use?