Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-01-2003, 03:58 PM
clc

Default Comments on shade perennials

"Suja" wrote in message

Pam wrote:

Since the planting you describe is pretty much entirely herbaceous
perennials, I'd consider adding something a little more evergreen to

provide
winter interest. Perhaps some Iris foetidissima, additional heucheras,

an
evergreen shade grass and some EG ferns and maybe a hellebore or two?

Well, the plan was to add some broadleaf evergreen shrubs for winter
interest. The problem is that I can't add anything to the list without
dropping something (total of about 60 plants, so I really have to
restrict myself some so this doesn't end up looking completely
haphazard). Any suggestions for shade tolerant grasses? The only thing
I could think of was carex (no liriope - I *hate* it), and its structure
doesn't really appeal to me.

Suja

I grown variegated ribbon grass in an area such as you describe. I think it
will grow ANYWHERE!