Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Shell91

Default Garden Decorations

Recently I read on another bulletin board quite a lot of people were
derisive about people who put up gazing balls and other such decorations in
their gardens. Any thoughts on things like gazing balls or those copper
garden stakes with beads or glass balls on them in gardens? How about solar
powered gazing ball / light combinations or other lights in the garden?
Just wondering what the general feeling is about these things. I'm not
talking about plastic pink flamingos or plastic deer or even garden gnomes.
I do think some of this stuff looks good and some of the deer and gnomes are
cute.

I have put some copper garden stakes in my small garden and hung a solar
powered gazing ball light as well as put one of those solar powered path
lights in. Personally I think the path light is pretty neat since it has
settings for red, green, amber light and a setting for all three colors to
flash. And of course my pvc fence is there to keep the lawn guys from
mowing or weed whacking my plants.

Anyone else put stuff like this in their gardens?

Shell