Old 26-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Cereus-validus

Default after overstepping polite boundaries -GardenWeb sucks still!!

Got you speechless, eh dude?

If Spike was honest and called his so-called GardenWeb what it really is
"SpamWeb", people would be leaves his autocratic little kingdom in droves!!!
Members of GardenWeb get tons of unsolicited Spam. There's nothing polite
about that. Spike wants suckers that kiss his butt and never complain.

"LanscpHort" wrote in message

"Janet Bledsoe" wrote in message
om...
There is such a list where many wreck garden users have gone to get
away from this place where people do not treat each other with
kindness and respect. Many people moved over to a mail list called
Gardens & Gardening. Over 500 users from around the world. Everyone
is allowed to post. Everyone is allowed to agree to disagree, but no
one is allowed to call others names or try and humiliate them. You
can read more about this list at:

http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?...&H=LSV.UKY.EDU

arch1ves show @ddrezzez, suggsting that zpammbots may find victims?

All are welcome and encouraged to join. But be advised, you could
potentially receive up to 150 emails a day. It doesn't happen often,
but it does happen.

Kindest Regards,

Janet

"madgardener" wrote in message

well if he does so be it. one can always try right? I believe Spike

is
jerk because there are too many saying so, but I gotta try, right? g

always have my garden fence here to support and talk to ..until people

tell
me to leave and I bet I'd still lurk and throw out ramblings even

after
people told me to leave. but I'm not inclined to think I'd be asked to

leave
here. I know I'm loved........(blush)
"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
"madgardener" wrote in message
"Callen Molenda" wrote in message
Mad, you sweet goofball. ;-)

yep, that'd be me..............g

I avoided the GardenWeb posts entirely, knowing full well how my
beloved
Cereoid would respond to any discussion of the evil Spike and

his
website.

I am continually learning. I find Garden Web intriguing. And I was
serious
about starting a new forum of wreck garden refugee's for just

flitting
about
and saying hi. .....

If you start it on Gardenweb it won't last beyond Spikey's first fit
of pique at something he dislikes. He's an officious jerk.

J. Del Col

Old 28-02-2004, 08:02 AM
LanscpHort

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
. com...
Got you speechless, eh dude?

If Spike was honest and called his so-called GardenWeb what it really is
"SpamWeb", people would be leaves his autocratic little kingdom in

droves!!!
Members of GardenWeb get tons of unsolicited Spam. There's nothing polite
about that. Spike wants suckers that kiss his butt and never complain.

i regged with gw more than i yr ago, using a webmail address. there's hardly
any mail in the spam folder.

Old 23-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Registered User

I believe that the process used by Spike Hernandez at Gardenweb to "dump" people he has banned from the forums to a Disney website violates Disney's use of its web site and copyright. If you have been banned by Gardenweb and dumped to the Disney web site, report this abuse to this email address:

All correspondence to Disney is kept strictly confidential.
Old 23-06-2004, 04:04 PM
madgardener

so how on earth did you "offend" Spike? I've been warned about him as I've
only recently just started to visit the forums. There was one post that
warned me I was crossing some boundary and after tweeking my post, it went
and posted, but I believe that had I not removed the two words in my
writing, I'd be banned right now too. Lets hope someone fixes his tendency
to banish people.
madgardener walking very carefully around the forums
"plantlover999" wrote in
message s.com...

--
plantlover999

Old 23-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Bill Spohn

Lets hope someone fixes his tendency
to banish people.

I don't see the problem.

It is a civil forum run the way the administrator wants it - its his game, if
you don't like the rules, don't play.

Have there been examples of the moderators acting inconsistently, or not giving
people the chance to respond to criticism? If so, I'd say that was imprudent,
but it is still his game to run as he sees fit - if he does it too arbitrarily,
he'll deter participation.
Old 23-06-2004, 05:03 PM
paghat

In article m,
plantlover999 wrote:

I believe that the process used by Spike Hernandez at Gardenweb to
"dump" people he has banned from the forums to a Disney website
violates Disney's use of its web site and copyright. If you have been
banned by Gardenweb and dumped to the Disney web site, report this
abuse to this email address:

All correspondence to Disney is kept strictly confidential.
--
plantlover999

UseNet exists as a free-for-all, is always more lively, often more
informed, but also just a tad bit risky, compared to bulletin boards run
by one person. Wussy one-person-dictator bulletin boards are (sometimes)
safer for children, naifs, dorks, the sick & dying, & archly polite people
who never say "******" out loud but certainly do wear their bedsheets to
rallies. I know of only one bulletin board (the Beekslayers group, but
there are doubtless others like it) that is as nasty, mean, loving,
grotesque, funny, moronic, absurd, & intelligent as UseNet -- the rest
I've seen are for the brain-dead & their children, & are policed
accordingly based on the assessments of the ownes of each given board.

Gardenweb is one fellow's private party open to all who knuckle under to
the owner of the house -- it's wussy & undemocratic, sure, but if I let
you in MY house, you'll play by MY rules or I'll tell you to get the hell
out cuz, well, it's my house.

The fact that you want to vengefully dick with the dipshit even now
suggests you were rightly kicked out of his house. And routing the
banished to Disney is so subtle an insult that one could almost admire the
dipshit in question. Just be grateful it wasn't the Mormon Tabernacle
Choir.

Personally I've never even been slightly tempted to go in his house, but
I'm sure a post like this one, which actually sticks up for his right to
be a dipshit dictator over his own domain, would get me kicked off at
once; if I'm wrong about that, then great, I'll never know, because I'm
very satisfied with UseNet groups, foul-mouthed excentrics & nutballs
included, because for every one unpleasant cretin gotten rid of, ten
intelligent voices leave as well, until all that remains is a safe,
uninspiring mediocrity. On UseNet we do not have one single overlord
deciding who deserves free expression & who gets the boot. But this is
Soapbox Park & thereby a genuine public forum for which Constitutional
ideas of liberty apply; gardenweb is not.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com
Old 24-06-2004, 03:07 AM
madgardener

some great words snipped, pruned and whacked for
space
the impressive Paggers espounder elloquently and she and others are the
reason I remain here more often than visiting GardenWeb.........that and who
has time to read all the posts to all those forums? I visit the Tennessee
forum on occaison and found my Golden Hanaii sanseveria thru their
Sanseveria forum, and made some neat friends, but I have love and respect
for the regulars and loonies over here too. g that is after all why I am
the madgardener

..paghat.com

Old 24-06-2004, 05:02 AM
Roy

I also belong to the banned from the Garden Web forum and sent on a
trip to Disney land because he (spike and his little net nannies) did
not wholeheartly agree whith a post I made in regards to service and
parts as provided by one of his sponsors.

Spike is one of those clowns who if he does not get his way will take
his ball and go home. So welcome to the Banned from GW Club, your
certainly not alone or in the minority on this by any means. MAtter of
fact a new forum has been started a few months back and is rapidly
growing everyday, and its comprised of the majority of folks Spike
himself banned from GW Its mainly geared to L & G Tractors , lawns and
such but also has landscapeing and planting etc forums as well.

check it out at:
http://www.tractorforum.com/forums/

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 24-06-2004, 05:06 PM

I run a couple lists. there are no problems cause I go to them privately. in 5
years I had to dump 6 or 7 people, actually, 3 people as the rest was one person
sneaking back on several times. dont have to get nuts to have a nice list. Ingrid

ojunk (Bill Spohn) wrote:

Lets hope someone fixes his tendency
to banish people.

I don't see the problem.

It is a civil forum run the way the administrator wants it - its his game, if
you don't like the rules, don't play.

Have there been examples of the moderators acting inconsistently, or not giving
people the chance to respond to criticism? If so, I'd say that was imprudent,
but it is still his game to run as he sees fit - if he does it too arbitrarily,
he'll deter participation.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com