Old 18-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Wellsie

Default Garden Emergency

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Old 18-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Vox Humana

"Wellsie" wrote in message
et...
Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

The best thing would have been to immediately hose them down.

Old 18-05-2004, 02:10 AM
paghat

In article , "Wellsie"
wrote:

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Looks there's a god after all, punishing you for putting toxic
chemicals in the garden in the first place, let alone where
children also live & play.

You can hose down everything she sprayed & hope to get
the deadly toxins washed off the leaves. But you
should expect a great deal of death & damage, & be grateful
for anything heaven spares. Then in the future ALWAYS BE
ORGANIC, & remember this pressing undeniable rule: Every-
time you make another excuse to dump toxins into even
our own immediate environment, you increasingly deserve
the slow wasting cancerous miserable permature death
you've assigned to yourself, & further punishments after
death because the kids, animals, & natural world you
simultaneously killed didn't make that choice, you did.

If you'd Think Organic, you wouldn't have that deadly
shit around for kids to mistake for other deadly shit.
Remember, this wasn't your daughtrer's fault, but you
were an evil turd to have multiple kinds of deadly toxins
on hand in the first place.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 18-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Travis

Wellsie wrote:

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Why the hell does an 11 year old have access to garden chemicals?
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington
Old 18-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Mon Chi Chi

used baking soda to raise ph to an area that locks it out.. use 2 table
spoons per gallon.. shoot for 9.0 if you have a tester,, if not wing it
with 2 tablespoons per gallon and just flush the hell out of them...
"Travis" wrote in message
Wellsie wrote:

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

Why the hell does an 11 year old have access to garden chemicals?
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

---

Old 18-05-2004, 02:17 AM
eclectic

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

(snip)

Those plants are replaceable. I am horrified that your daughter might
have been subjected to those toxins herself! White knuckle time!
Hope all works out well.
Old 18-05-2004, 06:02 AM
SueNYC

"Wellsie" wrote in message
et...
Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

Is there any way to save these plants?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!

The hell with your plants..what is the matter with you?? You are one
incredibly irresponsible parent to leave such poisons in reach of your kids!
I'd be more worried about whether my kid got any exposure than the damn
plants! Your priorities are seriously screwed up!

Old 18-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Cereus-validus

Oh yeah, those auxins can be a real problem with toddlers.

Your over protectiveness can never be enough.

You don't want her to become another Martha Stewart.

Is she out of diapers yet?

You may need to put her in a big plastic bubble!!!

. ..

Old 18-05-2004, 09:05 AM
Cereus-validus

Oh yeah,

Weed killers may cause your daughter's foliage to wilt.

Those auxins can wreck havoc on toddlers.

When do you think it will be safe to let her walk on her own?

You can never be too overprotective of your kids lest they take on any
responsibilities of their own.

"SueNYC" wrote in message

et...

Old 18-05-2004, 05:04 PM
eclectic

Oh yeah, those auxins can be a real problem with toddlers.

Your over protectiveness can never be enough.

You don't want her to become another Martha Stewart.

Is she out of diapers yet?

You may need to put her in a big plastic bubble!!!

Our 11 year old was trying to help, and accidentally sprayed many of our
plants with ivy killer (she thought it was bug spray).

(snip)

Those plants are replaceable. I am horrified that your daughter might
have been subjected to those toxins herself! White knuckle time!
Hope all works out well.

Is this really about over protectiveness and children at risk of becoming like
Martha Stewart? Martha would have had one of her people read the label. :-)

I think the issue is that the child had access to damaging materials, which were
used with complete ignorance without the parents' knowledge. At minimum they
should teach their children to read the labels so they can be better informed in
the future. I wouldn't think that "ivy killer" was safe on your skin, to get in
your eyes, or for you to inhale. I'll leave it at that.

Regards.

Old 18-05-2004, 06:02 PM
Michelle

come on folks we are talking about a eleven year old not an eleven
month old My son an ddaughter garden with me and they are seven and
six I know I don't keep chemicals in my house but I'm pretty sure an
eleven year old can handel a spray bottel my kids also help me clean
I mean really is this a garden group or a bunch of child wellfare
whitch hunters ?

On Tue, 18 May 2004 07:36:28 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

Oh yeah,

Weed killers may cause your daughter's foliage to wilt.

Those auxins can wreck havoc on toddlers.

When do you think it will be safe to let her walk on her own?

You can never be too overprotective of your kids lest they take on any
responsibilities of their own.

"SueNYC" wrote in message

et...

Old 18-05-2004, 06:08 PM
chaz

what an idiot

"paghat" wrote in message
news

Old 18-05-2004, 07:08 PM
paghat

In article , "chaz"
wrote:

what an idiot

Oh stop eating your boogers li'l chazbo.

"paghat" wrote in message
news

Old 18-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Cereus-validus

I'm being sarcastic, you dim boob.

Weed killers are not toxic to humans.

An 11 year old is not an infant nor should one be pampered like it's some
retarded pet, just because the parents are over reacting like lunatics. One
day the kid may wise up and put a heaping helping of valium in their idiot
yuppy parent's seven and seven!!!

wrote:

Oh yeah,

Weed killers may cause your daughter's foliage to wilt.

Those auxins can wreck havoc on toddlers.

When do you think it will be safe to let her walk on her own?

You can never be too overprotective of your kids lest they take on any
responsibilities of their own.

"SueNYC" wrote in message

et...

Old 18-05-2004, 07:12 PM
SueNYC

"Michelle" wrote in message
come on folks we are talking about a eleven year old not an eleven
month old My son an ddaughter garden with me and they are seven and
six I know I don't keep chemicals in my house but I'm pretty sure an
eleven year old can handel a spray bottel my kids also help me clean
I mean really is this a garden group or a bunch of child wellfare
whitch hunters ?

An 11 year old is a CHILD. And no responsible parent or gardener would
leave weed killers and other poisons in reach of kids. I mean c'mon, the kid
didn't even know what the hell they were spraying! The kid thought it was
insecticide, which is just as bad and something kids should not have access
to. I stand by what I said..the fact that the original poster lets his kids
have access to chemicals and poisons, and was freaking out about some stupid
plants instead of the fact his kid could have poisoned herself, shows he is
ignorant, irresponsible, and has seriously messed up priorities. So what if
a plant dies? You can replace it. But if your child dies......

SueNY