Old 01-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Doug Kanter

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 12/1/04 4:50 PM, in article , "Hound
Dog" wrote:

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Chelsea Christenson" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
....to plant this spring in a spot where disgusting dog owners like

stop
their filthy beasts on my property. Shrub must be capable of

inflicting
enough damage to send the dog to the vet.

The dogs aren't deciding where to stop. Mutilate the owners.

Great idea, but unfortunately, I'm not always around to greet the
assholes.
I'm home today, though, and saw something unbelievable. A slimeball was
walking her dog. She began with the usual routine - letting her dog
investigate the edge of my neighbor's lawn where it meets the street.
Then,
she wandered RIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE of a 50' deep lawn, let the dog

crap,
and
cleaned it up. Where the hell do some dog owners get the idea that this
sort
of thing is acceptable???

At least she cleaned up after her dog. Most would not have.

Home owners, if caught, should receive heavy fines for allowing their

dogs
to use the neighborhood as a toilet.

Apartment buildings that permit tenants to have dogs should be required

by
law to have a fenced in area where dogs must be walked.

There is a real winner that walk a pair of little white things (we can

them
the street rats). They've been fined multiple times for not cleaning up
after the dogs and have had animal control called on them countless more.
Hasn't changed a thing....

Got a town judge you can talk to? Do it. Technically, those dog walkers are
guilty of civil trespass, although a judge won't enforce it unless she/he is
informed that the situation is about to get ugly. A judge with a brain will
provide an injunction which permits the cops to arrest the people for simply
setting foot on your lawn. Also works for people who think it's OK to douse
your side of the property line with hideous chemicals.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 12/1/04 5:26 PM, in article , "Doug
Kanter" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

(SNIP)

There is a real winner that walk a pair of little white things (we can

them
the street rats). They've been fined multiple times for not cleaning up
after the dogs and have had animal control called on them countless more.
Hasn't changed a thing....

Got a town judge you can talk to? Do it. Technically, those dog walkers are
guilty of civil trespass, although a judge won't enforce it unless she/he is
informed that the situation is about to get ugly. A judge with a brain will
provide an injunction which permits the cops to arrest the people for simply
setting foot on your lawn. Also works for people who think it's OK to douse
your side of the property line with hideous chemicals.

It would have to go to the county IIRC and while I might think it worth it,
my lawn hasn't been anointed for quite some time. Right now they are
targeting other areas of the general neighborhood.

BTW - go with the rugosas - hardy, pretty, makes the birds happy and the
deer don't eat them.

Cheryl

Old 01-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Keith Copi

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
....to plant this spring in a spot where disgusting dog owners like to
stop
their filthy beasts on my property. Shrub must be capable of inflicting
enough damage to send the dog to the vet. I'm thinking of barberry. Open
suggestions for other shrub options. The planting spot receives sun for
about 2/3 of the day, and will be buried in snow for 3 months out of the
year.

I don't know if it will grow in your area but the nastiest thorns I've ever
seen are on hardy orange. Usually grown as a small tree, I've heard of it
being used as a hedge. It is a very attractive plant year round with
utterly vicious thorns. I believe it's hardy to zone 6. By the way, I
still laugh every time I think of that "pistol targets in fur jackets"
comment you made a few weeks back.

Keith

Old 02-12-2004, 01:10 AM
Vox Humana

"Robert Chambers" wrote in message
. com...
How about a "whomping willow" like the Harry Potter movies? That would
take care of dogs, kids, pretty much anything.

I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't seen any of the Harry
Potter movies.

Old 02-12-2004, 01:41 AM
Doug Kanter

Kanter" wrote:

[...]

I guess it depends on the neighborhood. Here, the town judges are the first
stop, county courts the second.

Rugosa sounds like a good choice. 2-3 nights a week when I step outside,
there are deer 20 feet from the door, and they stand there and stare at me
light I have a lot of nerve for invading their driveway. :-)

Old 02-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Doug Kanter

"Keith Copi" wrote in message

[...]

I'm glad you found that entertaining! Mostly, I get nasty comments from
people who think natural law dictates that I like their dogs.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:55 AM
paghat

In article , "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Robert Chambers" wrote in message
. com...
How about a "whomping willow" like the Harry Potter movies? That would
take care of dogs, kids, pretty much anything.

I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't seen any of the Harry
Potter movies.

I'm a hard-core film fan who hangs out with other hard-core film fans.
Almost none of us have seen any Harry Potter films.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 02-12-2004, 02:58 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On 2 Dec 2004 02:39:13 GMT, Ed Clarke wrote:

Stout thorns is a severe understatement.

Thorny? You don't know what thorny is until you plant a
S. jankalski, now that's one thorny sombitch....

Old 02-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Doug Kanter" wrote:

- "Chelsea Christenson" wrote in message
- ...
-
- The dogs aren't deciding where to stop. Mutilate the owners.
-
-
- Great idea, but unfortunately, I'm not always around to greet the assholes.
- I'm home today, though, and saw something unbelievable. A slimeball was
- walking her dog. She began with the usual routine - letting her dog
- investigate the edge of my neighbor's lawn where it meets the street. Then,
- she wandered RIGHT INTO THE MIDDLE of a 50' deep lawn, let the dog crap, and
- cleaned it up. Where the hell do some dog owners get the idea that this sort
- of thing is acceptable???

If she cleaned up after the dog, what's the problem?
--
8^\~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 02-12-2004, 04:27 AM
Robert Chambers

I'm sorry to have not included a description then. There's no need to
sully yourself by watching an HP flick. for the purposes of this
discussion it's a tree that for one reason or another is very bad
tempered and if you get near it, it's likely to reach over and "whomp"
you with a vengeance. It smashed up a Ford Anglia once and the latest
movie it flings the people around.

I think it's make believe though so I don't think you can order them
from your usual suppliers.

I resisted the Harry Potter movies for as long as I could but my 8 and 5
year old are more persistent than I am stubborn. Turns out I enjoyed
them after all - who'd a thunk it?

Robert

paghat wrote:

In article , "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Robert Chambers" wrote in message
y.com...

How about a "whomping willow" like the Harry Potter movies? That would
take care of dogs, kids, pretty much anything.

I'm probably the only person on earth who hasn't seen any of the Harry
Potter movies.

I'm a hard-core film fan who hangs out with other hard-core film fans.
Almost none of us have seen any Harry Potter films.

-paghat the ratgirl

[IMG] code is On

Viciously thorny tree/shrub ID please Sacha United Kingdom 14 16-10-2007 10:56 PM
Deadly Vole Damage bthache Gardening 0 20-05-2003 09:08 PM
Thorny sugestions Sheepkeeper Roses 6 07-05-2003 02:20 PM
thorny vine ID? kate Gardening 5 06-02-2003 02:36 PM
Millions Infected With Deadly Parasite Spread By Cats Cy United Kingdom 6 23-01-2003 01:22 AM