Old 14-12-2010, 02:50 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Default Outside Christmas LED Lights -- dull and weak....

On 12/14/2010 7:26 AM, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:17:44 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/13/2010 1:47 PM, dgk wrote:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 17:57:18 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 12/11/2010 10:12 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:54:54 -0500, wrote:

wrote in message
net...
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights.
Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led
lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot,
and Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are
much cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that
you get what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

How can you even think about using real Christmas tree lights, when some kid
in Nigeria is starving .

The ONLY reason some kid in Nigeria is starving is because its moron
mommy didn't have the sense to keep her legs closed.

I'm not a big fan of the behavior of some of our African cousins but I'd
like to point out that mommy was probably forcibly raped.

TDD

Probably with the use of of guns supplied by US, British, French, or
Russian arms dealers.

It's all Bush's fault! He said so in his book cuz heez a lyar! :-)

TDD

I'm no expert on US policy towards Nigeria during Bush's reign, but he
screwed up so many other things that it's quite likey he screwed this
up as well.

It's Bush's fault, the evil Republican mind rays come out of his eyes
and the UFO's are spreading the Republican evil from underground bases
that the evil Republicans had built in secret with money stolen from
the children of welfare mothers and old people on Social Security who
have to eat dog food supplied by rich Republican dog food manufacturers
who are making millions of dollars off the suffering of poor defenseless
gerbils who have been enslaved to produce sex toys for gay people in the
military so evil rich Republican gerbil ranchers can make millions of
dollars off gays and ..........

TDD
Old 14-12-2010, 03:17 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Ergo bush baby be Bush black *******! LOL-LOL
Old 14-12-2010, 04:43 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

In article ,
dgk wrote:

I'm no expert on US policy towards Nigeria during Bush's reign, but he
screwed up so many other things that it's quite likey he screwed this
up as well.

For some reason I find comforting that despite your admitted ignorance
on the subject, you are still more than willing to chime in. Probably
the consistency of it all.

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke
Old 14-12-2010, 06:12 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote in message
[...]

!!

[...]

A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
- Dan Quayle (R - IN)

Sorry to take your time. Now you can get back to the $700B increase in
the national debt for your super-rich friends, who probably only pay 15%
on income tax.
How long is it supposed to take for "Voo-Doo" economics to trickle down?
Seems like 30 years should have been enough.

See National Debt,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt
Ronald Ray-Gun (1981-1989)
Coincidence?
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw
Old 14-12-2010, 11:39 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote in message
[...]

It's Obama's fault, the evil Democrat mind rays come out of his eyes
and the UFO's are spreading the Democrat evil from underground bases
that the evil Democrats had built in secret with money stolen from the
children of welfare mothers and old people on Social Security who have
to eat dog food supplied by rich Democrat dog food manufacturers who
are making millions of dollars off the suffering of poor defenseless
gerbils who have been enslaved to produce sex toys for gay people in
the military so evil rich Democrat gerbil ranchers can make millions
of dollars off gays and ..........

Old 15-12-2010, 12:34 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

wrote in message
[...]

Noooooooo! It's The Evil Republicanzzzzzz! Bush is their evil overlord
and he makes them do all the evil things like cause hurricanes and crazy
Muslims to fly passenger planes into skyscrapers and take food away from
Grandma and spread AIDS around Africa which was invented by evil
Republican scientists when they were looking for a way to cause Global
Warming to kill all the polar bears so they could steal their fur to
make fur coats for rich evil Republican women and.........

TDD

Old 15-12-2010, 02:32 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
dgk dgk is offline

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:43:15 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
dgk wrote:

I'm no expert on US policy towards Nigeria during Bush's reign, but he
screwed up so many other things that it's quite likey he screwed this
up as well.

For some reason I find comforting that despite your admitted ignorance
on the subject, you are still more than willing to chime in. Probably
the consistency of it all.

The subject was LED Christmas lights, and I do know something because
I have some. I also have the old style, so I can compare them.

I also know quite a bit about how Bush and his corporate friends
caused one of the largest economic meltdowns in US history. I know how
he lied to get us into a war with Iraq that was in the interests of
hid corporate friends, but not the American people. So, I can pretty
well guess that any actions towards Nigeria were to reward his
corporate friends as well. Is that enough for Kurt to read or do we
need more?

I do actually know one thing about the Bush Presidency and Nigeria.
His VP just got indicted for bribary to get contracts for his
corporate friends. See a pattern here?
Old 16-12-2010, 01:07 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:48:50 -0500, Jeff Thies wrote:

On 12/13/2010 7:47 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:48:00 -0500, Brooklyn1Gravesend1 wrote:

I now use all LEDs; my electric bill
increase for the holiday season is barely noticeable,

Of course you ignore the cost of the LED strings.

The mini incandescents are particularly inefficient. About 40W or so/
100 string.

More like 25W.

Run that for a few weeks most all the time and you've easily got
$2/string. The incandescents were always a pain to keep them all going
and usually easier to throw away. IMHO, the advantage in cost and time
is LEDs.

What exactly does "a few weeks most of the time" mean? 25W, five hours a day
for a month costs about thirty-five cents.

Now, I don't like the larger c9 or so LED lamps as it is just one
little light in a shell (what I've seen). The hot lamps are some power
gluttons though and storage was always more hassle. Mine rarely get used
as a result.

I bought about $150 wroth of those two years ago. *UGLY*. I threw them away
when I took them off the house, and bought thirty, or so, sets of incandescent
lights for 1/5 what I paid for the LED strings.

but most importantly LEDs are far safer (no heat).

The minis (hot lamps) are pretty harmless, the larger sizes require
caution. The cause of many many a house fire at one time.

Ya gotta talk apples to apples.

I'm not sad to see the mini incs fading away. The others I'm more
sentimental over. Efficiency isn't everything. XMAS is all about
throwing money away, after all. Up to a limit.

Except they're not fading away at all. Economics isn't with LEDs, at least
not yet.
Old 16-12-2010, 02:39 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On Dec 11, 9:37*am, "James" wrote:
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL *lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. *All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of *led *lights strings with C7 *led lights. * *50
lights on a string, total wattage of *3.7 watts. * *They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. * But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. * These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

I just saw this post. Where are you located? I have seen them at
stores around here. I'm pretty sure I saw them at Lowes. I know I
saw them at Target.

I have a bunch of incandescent sets that I never used (C7 and C9). I
Old 18-12-2010, 04:06 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

[snip]

I bought about $150 wroth of those two years ago. *UGLY*. I threw them
away when I took them off the house, and bought thirty, or so, sets of
incandescent lights for 1/5 what I paid for the LED strings.

I suppose you're taking about the white ones. They're "ugly" only only if
you're used to the light yellow (of incandescents) instead.

BTW, you might know that yellow is almost the same color as brown.

Anyway, we need more colors (and those LEDs are much better). All those
white (or light yellow) displays are too boring.

[snip]

--
8 days until The winter celebration (Saturday December 25, 2010 12:00:00
AM).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Humanism : An exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." -- John Ralston
Saul, The Doubter's Companion

Old 25-12-2010, 04:48 AM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

On 12/11/2010 10:37 AM, James wrote:
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights. Much
to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led lights.
I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot, and
Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.

So, I bought a set of led lights strings with C7 led lights. 50
lights on a string, total wattage of 3.7 watts. They say these are much
cheaper to run because of the low wattage. But, I have seen that you get
what you pay for. These lights are dull and weak looking.

Does anyone here know of any store that still sells real outside Christmas
lights, or have they all been outlawed too ?

Thanks for any info on where I can purchase non-fake Christmas lights !!

James

We have a number of really tasteful Christmas light displays, in the
neighborhood and in the little town across the river.
There are not too many of the tradtional lights around but they manged
to find some. health and energy kept ours to just lights in the windows
this year.
Hope you found what you were looking for.
Merry Christmas.
how do you get those stubborn reindeer hoof divots out of the lawn?
Old 25-12-2010, 02:51 PM posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.lawn.garden,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens

Lil Abner wrote:
James wrote:
[...]

---
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,3651452.photo
Old 06-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Miklos View Post
On 12/11/2010 11:04 AM, James wrote:
RBM, you are an idiot. Christmas lights have nothing to do with starving
kids in Nigeria. If you really think that is true, you are a blooming idiot
!!

AND, I don't need Al Gore to tell me how bright my Christmas lights should
be, or how many gallons of water that I use to flush my crap, another bright
(dim) idea from your idol.

Get a life.

James

LOL. Gotta read down to the last line. It's sarcasm. He is joking.
Old 27-01-2011, 05:09 PM
jasmin101's Avatar
Registered User

Location: Medan

it's the same here, finding real lights is now difficult, dont know why but lamps i've bought recently has no quality, it has no bright color and broke less than a month...what a poor condition....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikole95.7 View Post
Ok, so this year I went out to buy some more outside Christmas lights.
Much to my surprise, I could not find any REAL lights, just the fake led
lights. I looked at all the big box stores, including Lowe's, Home Depot,
and Target. All I could find was the fake led lights.
__________________
Just wanna share things across my mind especially gardening, landscape, lawn turf and more.
cheers
jasmine | seo services
Old 08-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered User

I bought a light string with LED C7 set. 50 a string, 3.7 watts total power of light. They say these are much cheaper, as low-power operation. How can you think of using a real Christmas tree lights, when the child was hungry Nigeria.
lights grow

Anyone used the new LED grow lights? Bobo Bonobo® Edible Gardening 16 29-02-2012 02:37 PM
LED lights janet Orchids 7 08-04-2011 10:45 PM
Coast LED Lenser LL7590 Write Light Gift Boxed White LED pen light flashlight and Pen [email protected] Edible Gardening 0 22-05-2009 07:39 AM
Compact Fluorescent and LED grow lights charles VanDyke Orchids 19 12-11-2005 01:00 AM
Commercial LED Plant Lights charles VanDyke Orchids 4 11-11-2005 06:34 PM