Old 17-03-2006, 06:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Gillingham

Default What newsreaders do people use?

I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham
Old 17-03-2006, 10:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Niek Hanckmann

Dave Gillingham schreef:
I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham

I use the build-in newsreader of Thunderbird (Mozilla). The only
drawback is that it cannot handle multipart posts. But since multipart
posting is never used in rgo and seldom in abpo Thunderbird fits for me.

For newsgroups that do use multipart posting (like audio or video
groups) good old Gravity is my favourite. It is small, simple and reliable.

Greets, Niek
Old 17-03-2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Dave,

I've never had a need for anything other than Outlook Express, which comes
with all Windows XP installations.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 17-03-2006, 03:55 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7

Hi Dave, I use OutLook Express w/QuoteFix & Mozilla Thunderbird, both work
well especially for binaries.
Any problems of missing posts etc., is usually the Server.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Old 17-03-2006, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Like Eric, I use the outlook express newsreader that comes with XP and just
about all microsoft operating systems. For the mac I use Mozilla's
Thunderbird. When I got ticked off at outlook express I used the free
version of Agent. The paid Agent has many bells and whistles. The free
version just downloads posts - or pics on apbo.

K Barrett

Old 17-03-2006, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

I use OE too. Fits like comfy shoes.

Diana

Old 17-03-2006, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:46:21 +1000 in Dave Gillingham wrote:
I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?

'slrn'
Works great, less filling.
Preferred text editor for the newsreader is 'vi'.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 17-03-2006, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

I haven't used "vi" in ages. Great for search and replace on text files. I
loved being able to use regular expressions.
-danny

rg...

Old 17-03-2006, 10:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
NOOK

Like the other posters said... Depends on how much you want to do.
For me the only way to fly is with Agent, but that is because I am a
newsgroup pig.
I run multiple Agents with multiple servers on many boxes and many
diff. operating systems (I am also part of the grid computing world)
24/7. Binaries uploading, downloading research, Email, filtering of
posters and subjects.....etc.
dude

Old 17-03-2006, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Dave Fouchey

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:46:21 +1000, Dave Gillingham
wrote:

I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham

I use Agent here Dave

Dave Fouchey
Old 18-03-2006, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Dave,
I use Outlook Express on my desktop and Mozilla Thunderbird on my laptop.
Still getting used to Thunderbird, not sure yet whether I like it, I guess I
got used to OE.
Joanna

Old 18-03-2006, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Johnny Borborigmi

On 2006-03-17 01:46:21 -0500, Dave Gillingham
said:

I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham

I use Unison on a Mac.

Old 18-03-2006, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
unknown

In article ,
Dave Gillingham wrote:

I'm planning to write an article on the orchid newsgroups, & usenet in
general,
for our society newsletter. What newsreaders do you all like?
Dave Gillingham

mtnewswatcher on a granny smith. does the job ok but has some weird
quirks--for instance, it has made the header list for this group (and
*only* this group) come out in, like, 1 point type. i i swear i didn't
touch any of the settings...

but hey it's free.

--j_a
Old 18-03-2006, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett

Dave, send me a copy of the article when you get it done.

Please, please, please.

K Barrett

Newsreaders Sue[_9_] United Kingdom 12 29-05-2012 08:28 AM
People Helping People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [email protected] Ponds 0 11-06-2008 04:03 AM
People helping people this holiday season [email protected] Gardening 1 01-12-2004 10:52 PM
Do people use UV lights? April1201 Ponds 13 04-07-2003 04:32 PM
Cement to use/not to use around pond? IanQ Ponds 2 06-03-2003 09:52 AM