Old 01-06-2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default wish list

Ever write down orchid wish lists? I was cleaning off my desk (yeah, that
was my first mistake) and found many tiny scraps of paper tucked amongst the
piles of bills and other things I intend to get to one of these days.
Mostly they contain the usual: titles of books and songs to purchase but I
also stumbled across Den. cucumerianum and Poly(radnis?) sallenii ( a
relative of the Ghost Orchid).

Its June 1st, the wallet's fat (Yeah, that's the second mistake).

I feel the heat of orchid lust a-rising.

Must. not. reach. for. credit. card.

K Barrett

Old 01-06-2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 12:15:05 -0700, K Barrett wrote:
Ever write down orchid wish lists? I was cleaning off my desk (yeah, that

Sure, here is my current shopping list:

Epi falcatum
Schoenorchis fragrans
Encyclia radiata
Tuberolabium kotoense
Angraecum (all or any)
Den linguiforme
senile
quadrangulare ?
aggregatum
Neofineta falcata in bloom

Any spelling errors are due to medication.

Bob
Old 01-06-2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Of course I have a wish list! And I wish I could find it! It's somewhere in
the midst of all the Newsletter stuff on my desk. Well, it's more than
Newsletter stuff. It probably compares to yours, Kath.

After the June meeting, Society season is done until September. Time to
clean up, LOL!

Diana

Old 02-06-2007, 12:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Robert,

I can help....

Schoenorchis fragrans and Encyclia radiata I saw today at Al's Greenhouse.
They were small and I promise he won't rip you off.

For the Angraecum try Cal Orchids in Santa Barbara. I was there last week
and it was a most beautiful experience. Lauris and James Rose are really
nice people with some really great looking plants. They have a website or
you can google them and call. Most of their plants are not on the web.
They have a lot of Angraecum and Aerides and other Africans.

Go for it.

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 02-06-2007, 05:18 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:
Ever write down orchid wish lists? I was cleaning off my desk (yeah, that
was my first mistake) and found many tiny scraps of paper tucked amongst the
piles of bills and other things I intend to get to one of these days.
Mostly they contain the usual: titles of books and songs to purchase but I
also stumbled across Den. cucumerianum and Poly(radnis?) sallenii ( a
relative of the Ghost Orchid).

Its June 1st, the wallet's fat (Yeah, that's the second mistake).

I feel the heat of orchid lust a-rising.

Must. not. reach. for. credit. card.

K Barrett

I have had an operational 'wish list' for a long time, though it has
been way too large for a number of years. My approach is a little
skewed: it's not necessarily a list of all the orchids I'd like to own,
but rather ones I've seen and like and would be willing to trade for or
purchase if I ran across them. I have a terrible memory and the 'wish
list' helps me know when I read a label if it's something I like or not.

However, I have stopped carrying it around with me to shows in the hopes
that it would curb my acquisitiveness. No luck yet.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I've never liked Baldan's Kaleidoscope, but I do actually need to replace my
Wildcat 'Everlasting', that was a nice one...
-danny, who needs to learn how to grow oncidiums some day

. ..

Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:32:41 GMT, Gene Schurg wrote:
Robert,

I can help....

Thanks Gene for the heads up. I'm going to try
Andy first as I have had good luck with his
plants, well except now I know to check for snails
on slab mounts.

Bob
Old 03-06-2007, 01:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:58:57 -0400 in danny wrote:
I've never liked Baldan's Kaleidoscope, but I do actually need to replace my
Wildcat 'Everlasting', that was a nice one...
-danny, who needs to learn how to grow oncidiums some day

I'm not sure there's anything to learn. Non-intergenic ondiciums
just stay happy for me. Odontocidium Wildcatts just croak on my wife and me.
(And if we find another really nice one, we look forward to killing another
one).

--
Chris Dukes
elfick willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up

Old 03-06-2007, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

wrote:

Robert,

I can help....

Schoenorchis fragrans and Encyclia radiata I saw today at Al's Greenhouse.
They were small and I promise he won't rip you off.

For the Angraecum try Cal Orchids in Santa Barbara. I was there last week
and it was a most beautiful experience. Lauris and James Rose are really
nice people with some really great looking plants. They have a website or
you can google them and call. Most of their plants are not on the web.
They have a lot of Angraecum and Aerides and other Africans.

Go for it.

Good Growing,
Gene

Ok, I have got to ask. How do you make it in a week to two great ghs
a continent apart? Good recommendations.

Wish list - I gave up. I keep falling for the same ones - so I carry
(or John does for me) the list of what we own. I still have several
triplicates.
SuE
Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

it's on a piece of paper in the book i keep track of the plants in--i
think it was a flyer for some orchid show somewhere that started getting
jotted on. more a list of "ooh pretty plant have to write that down
so i don't forget the name." i make a point of NOT taking it with me
anywhere.

--j_a
Old 04-06-2007, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Sue,

It's better than that....I was in Orlando the week before and visited Tropic
1....The next week to Cal Orchids in Santa Barbara....then home to visit Al.

I have this false sense of space since a lot of plants are spending the
summer outdoors. Boy am I in trouble when October gets here.

Good Growing,
Gene

Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote:

[...]

http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/main.php- Hide quoted text -

A false sense of space is a side effect of an amzing grasp of space/
time. SuE, not only can he appear in greenhouses all over the world
in any given week, it is odd to see him suddenly there in your
greenhouse in one moment and then gone in the next. When he does it
to you it is startling. I think to myself, "okay, this time don't
blink". But then he's gone.

....and I don't know what you mean about 'small', Gene. The
Schoenorchis fragrans have leaf spans of close to an inch! ...and
some of them are in flower.

FAQ List - FAQ List - FAQ List cormaic United Kingdom 2 06-11-2003 05:37 PM
Wish List Claude Orchids 16 12-09-2003 02:02 PM
Biotech Wish List jitney sci.agriculture 29 26-04-2003 12:29 PM
Biotech Wish List jitney sci.agriculture 24 16-04-2003 09:56 AM
wish list was Burgundy Iceberg Kirra Roses 3 09-04-2003 01:56 PM