Old 18-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Reka

Default OT- Isabel

Hope Ray and Al are okay dealing with Isabel.
Anyone else in our group in her path?
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

---

Old 18-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

No, I'm on the other side of the atlantic, but wish all in her path strength
and good fortune. Hope nothing serious will happen.
Mayit be a lesson for all of us men, never cross the path of an angry woman.
Cheers and strength
Peter

"Reka" schreef in bericht

Old 18-09-2003, 11:31 PM
Ray

Thanks, Reka. Al is in a more vulnerable spot than I, and is likely in the
middle of it right now (6 pm Eastern), but we're looking at 50+ mph winds
lover night.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 19-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:01:00 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Thanks, Reka. Al is in a more vulnerable spot than I, and is likely in the
middle of it right now (6 pm Eastern), but we're looking at 50+ mph winds
lover night.

Good luck guys. We will keep our thumbs.... Can't remember
Wendy's saying. I will have to stick to fingers crossed.
SuE

Old 19-09-2003, 09:22 AM
lindner

Good luck to those in the path.My sister just got caught up in Sth Korea and
her description of that was scary enough.
Stuart
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Old 19-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Ray

OK, it's Friday morning and the power and cable are both back. Other than a
few broken tree limbs and lots of scattered leaves, we have come through
unscathed.

Let's put our thoughts with the folks in NC and VA who really need it.

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Old 19-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Al

Good morning RGO,
Isabel: A damage report from Masons Lane, Leesburg VIrginia:

This morning a survey of the property found one big tree branch down that
came off one of the guardian angel silver maples near the top of the
driveway. It managed to fall in such a way as to miss the entire collection
of garden shrubs underneath. It is basically laid lengthwise in the center
of a mulch path not even disturbing the impatient plants around it. This is
evidence that angels do look after even little things when they can. There
are lots of little foot-long white pine branches and fallen leaves carpeting
the lawn. And none of this was here when it got dark last night. I don't
see any worse damage up or down the street in my neighbor's yards.

Basically for about 12 to 16 hours between 11AM yesterday morning and 3AM
this morning we had winds speed of 30 to 40 miles an hour with a few gusts
near 60. The rain, while mostly steady, isn't even worth mentioning as part
of a damage report on my street. Her center weakened pretty fast after
coming on shore 150 miles southeast of here and she still had a long way to
come over land before her center was here.

I think her eye passed about 50 miles to the south and west of Leesburg
between midnight and 3am this morning and she was already a tropical storm
and at that point. The winds didn't even seem to change based on our
proximity
to the center of circulation, although I think this is when the branch
and tree trash was laid down. I stood out on the front porch in the dark
around 1am to listen. The wind was pretty strong and steady. It was also
very warm and pleasant and there was no rain. I could smell white pine in
the air and figured there must be branches everywhere although it was too
dark to see them.

There was no power for 1.5 hours yesterday evening and it went on and off
all night long. Cable and internet were down intermittently.

So, if you are thinking about me, stop. There are plenty of people to the
south and east that need your thoughts more. I will probably be repotting
today and for this I need your pity more than your thoughts as it is pretty
much all ever do anymore. :-)

Al

Old 19-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Wendy

It's good to hear from you Al, also that all is well in your neck of the
woods.
When you have finished repotting, please come over to my house, I have
a slew of plants that need to be repotted! *G*
Cheers Wendy

"Reka" wrote in message
Glad to hear you're okay. Hope Al gets through okay, with or without
orchids.
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the

subject."
--Winston Churchill

Old 19-09-2003, 10:47 PM
Diana Kulaga

Glad y'all came through in good shape. Did anyone see the reporter on Fox
News, out in the worst of the wind and literally trying to keep his pants
up?

The storm was nothing to laugh about, but that scene sure was. G

Diana

Old 19-09-2003, 11:14 PM
Ray

The funniest was on NBC - two guys were trying to measure the wind speed,
and the "expert" says "well, we kind of sheltered here..." and they both
promptly get literally blown away!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
link.net...

Old 19-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Diana Kulaga

I heard about that one, too. And someone on CNN who got creamed. At least
the anchor on Fox, after watching his colleague with the falling down pants,
said "We really must be the stupidest people on earth!" LOL

Diana

"Ray" wrote in message
The funniest was on NBC - two guys were trying to measure the wind speed,
and the "expert" says "well, we kind of sheltered here..." and they both
promptly get literally blown away!

Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 24 04-10-2003 05:06 AM
Isabel Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 11 29-09-2003 01:02 PM
OT--Isabel & Sinus Problems Shiva Roses 2 24-09-2003 10:02 PM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 1 20-09-2003 12:26 AM
Hurricane Isabel's possible path Anne Lurie Ponds 30 19-09-2003 11:38 PM