Old 23-11-2005, 10:28 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Zod

Default Regarding Koi-Lo's "info" = )~

Tynk wrote:
For those that have already sent this person to the killfile, it makes
me wonder about the bogus info this person is giving out. Newbies don't
know the difference.

Carolyn Adamo Gulley is a known liar. She pretends expertise. This has
been discussed before. Hop over to rec.ponds to see all her garbage
there.

A HUGE sorry to the regs that have already killfile'd their posts and

see a million by me correcting the "info" this person is dishing out.
There's enough bogus and downright BAD info out there on these fish
that are very special to me....as much as Angelfish are, and I cannot
just ignore it.

Old 23-11-2005, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Tynk

Zod wrote:
Tynk wrote:
For those that have already sent this person to the killfile, it makes
me wonder about the bogus info this person is giving out. Newbies don't
know the difference.

Carolyn Adamo Gulley is a known liar. She pretends expertise. This has
been discussed before. Hop over to rec.ponds to see all her garbage
there.

A HUGE sorry to the regs that have already killfile'd their posts and

see a million by me correcting the "info" this person is dishing out.
There's enough bogus and downright BAD info out there on these fish
that are very special to me....as much as Angelfish are, and I cannot
just ignore it.

Thanks Zod.
I was warned about this person. This was why I created this post and
saying sorry to the other regs here who may see a million of my posts
correcting her bad and bogus "info" when it comes to these fish. I fear
a newbie may take their "advice" and house a beautiful Betta in a tiny
glass bowl they think is fine to do.
Sheesh! Simply because a fish will survive horrible conditions doens't
make it fine, or that they thrive.
The simple fact that they say ALL their Bettas live to 4 yrs of age is
hillarious.
Being a breeder and hobbyist, I keep all my "pet" Bettas in the best
possible conditions that they can ever have and sure, many live 4, 5,
and a few well over 6 yrs of age. However, the average is 2-3 yrs. It's
rediculous to claim that ALL of their Bettas lived for 4 yrs. Anyone
who breeds them, or has gotten them from a breeder and knows their
birthdates, had them till the day they die knows the true average of a
Bettas lifespan.
They also seem to think I *don't* try and do anything about the
horrible conditions they are kept in at local shops and chains stores.
Let me tell you, I sure do!! I print out care sheets, I stand there
until somebody comes to clean filthy containers. I explain to every
employee that the locals shops get in about their proper care, and
where to research it etc.
I spend hours every week onthe puter doing the same.
It wasn't like this nearly 30 yrs ago. Sure they may have been kept in
smaller bowls (Not in the local shops I went to as a child, the males
were in the tanks), but they were treated like any other tropical fish,
except that you couldn't house 2 males together.
No body kept them in tiny little bowls.
I write to companies that sell these tiny Betta tanks, bowls, jars,
vases, etc and explain the proper care. Of course money wins every time
and what do they care about the fish...they care about the all mighty
dollar.
When I sell my Betta stock I ask the person how they plan on housing
the fish.
If they say anything smaller than a gallon, I won't sell to them.
The mass bred fish farmers don't give a crap, and just want the cash.
That's the reason why veils are so sickly now a days. Way too much
inbreeding and mass breeding to keep the lines healthy.
The veils of present couldn't hold a candle to the veils of the past.
Now the mass breeders are trashing the Crowntails and Deltas soon too.
The spindly looking Crowntails out there are proof of what mass
breeding is doing to these fish.
People who don't know any better (or don't care), house them in poor
conditions, they die off quickly, they buy another to replace it.
That's why the shops buy and sell so many each week.
It's really quite sad.

Old 23-11-2005, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Koi-lo

Default Regarding Koi-Lo's "info" on bowls and tanks

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Zod.
I was warned about this person.

$$ Warned that I keep bettas in less than 2 gallon heated and filtered
tanks? That's never been a secret. LOL!!!

This was why I created this post and
saying sorry to the other regs here who may see a million of my posts
correcting her bad and bogus "info" when it comes to these fish.

$$ The information is not BOGUS as millions of bettas are kept in less than
2 gallon heated and filtered tanks.

I fear
a newbie may take their "advice" and house a beautiful Betta in a tiny
glass bowl they think is fine to do.

$$ A tiny glass bowl?

Sheesh! Simply because a fish will survive horrible conditions doens't
make it fine, or that they thrive.

$$ Sheesh! Millions of them thrive in other than 2 gallon heated and
filtered tanks.

The simple fact that they say ALL their Bettas live to 4 yrs of age is
hillarious.

$$ Hahahahaha!!!! It is hilarious! :-D Mine do! I seldom lose one
unless I leave then in someone else's care. You need to breed a hardier
strain of bettas. Maybe you're inbreeding them too closely.

Being a breeder and hobbyist, I keep all my "pet" Bettas in the best
possible conditions that they can ever have and sure, many live 4, 5,
and a few well over 6 yrs of age. However, the average is 2-3 yrs.

$$ The average they live at my house is 4 years, some to almost 4 1/2. What
next - yours live 8 to 10 years?

It's
rediculous to claim that ALL of their Bettas lived for 4 yrs.

$$ It's ridiculous to claim you know how long someone else's fish live.
Yes, a healthy betta lives for 4 years in these unheated unfiltered "bowls"
or large jars. Why does that bother you so much? I'm starting to think
you own stock in a fishtank, filter or heater company -or maybe you have
stock in a chain pet-shop :-) When I see you fighting for the better
treatment of these fish in the stores that sell them to people, along with a
tiny 8 oz. ivy bowl they're also sold to keep them in, I will know you are
sincere. Until then........ it's all so much hot air!

Snip same old rant.....

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastadaisy
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 23-11-2005, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Tynk

Not taking your bait anymore.
You are wasting space here Koi-Lo.

Old 23-11-2005, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Koi-lo

"Tynk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not taking your bait anymore.
You are wasting space here Koi-Lo.

===========================
Ditto! You've been baiting and ragging on me over this betta issue for days
now. Even seeing the pictures you think you're being baited, that I put
them up just to bait you,.... a total stranger. I don't know what your
motive is but I have a good idea. Again, try and have a happy holiday.

Old 23-11-2005, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Tynk

Koi-lo wrote:
"Tynk" wrote in message
ups.com...
Not taking your bait anymore.
You are wasting space here Koi-Lo.

===========================
Ditto! You've been baiting and ragging on me over this betta issue for days
now. Even seeing the pictures you think you're being baited, that I put
them up just to bait you,.... a total stranger. I don't know what your
motive is but I have a good idea. Again, try and have a happy holiday.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/h/shastadaisy
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

You've been baiting and ragging on me over this betta issue for days
now. Even seeing the pictures you think you're being baited

I HAVE seen the pictures and it's PROOF that you are housing them in
tiny Ivy bowls.
That is UNSUITABLE for housing Bettas!
In your pictures that boast about, it clearly shows things around them
for size comparison.
They are much too tiny to house Bettas in. It's cruel.
And damned right I'm ragging at you for it because you seem to think
it's all fine and dandy. It simply is not right.
You wouldn't house a Koi, fully grown in a 20g tank would you?
Same difference. Yet you think it's perfectly fine to do it to Bettas.
Why on earth would you take proper care of only some of your animals?
Once again, Ivy bowls are MUCH too small.

Old 23-11-2005, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.free.newsservers
JoinerKing

Tynk wrote:

Thanks Zod.
I was warned about this person. This was why I created this post and
saying sorry to the other regs here who may see a million of my posts
correcting her bad and bogus "info" when it comes to these fish. I fear
a newbie may take their "advice" and house a beautiful Betta in a tiny
glass bowl they think is fine to do.

That will happen. But not on rec.ponds, the moment read the header with
all of Carol's Trash, they highend outta there. And since no one is
paying her any mind in rec.ponds, she will now do the same to RAFM.

Sheesh! Simply because a fish will survive horrible conditions doens't
make it fine, or that they thrive.
The simple fact that they say ALL their Bettas live to 4 yrs of age is
hillarious.

Remember, this is a mentally ill woman who have to out do everyone else.
And she will lie to do so.

Old 23-11-2005, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Koi-lo

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...

===================
I HAVE seen the pictures and it's PROOF that you are housing them in
tiny Ivy bowls.

## What tiny ivy bowls? These bowls hold slightly less than 1/2 gallon of
water and are changed weekly. Ammonia and nitrites are zero.

That is UNSUITABLE for housing Bettas!

## In your opinion. Millions of bettas are housed in smaller containers
than these.

In your pictures that boast about, it clearly shows things around them
for size comparison.

## So? These hold slightly less than 1/2 gallon of water. Ammonia and
nitrites are zero.

They are much too tiny to house Bettas in. It's cruel.

## That's YOUR OPINION. It's cruel to breed them, sell them and not know
where they're going to end up. Next you'll claim you personally visit every
household your thousands of young fish go to to make sure all get heated,
filtered tanks. That must take at least 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365
days a year......... when do you have time for anything else?

And damned right I'm ragging at you for it because you seem to think
it's all fine and dandy.

## You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. They live 4
years, sometimes longer in these bowls and jars, are well fed and can see
each other, us and look out the window. Now if you're so concerned you can
donate 9 or 10 heated filtered 2 gallon tanks and I will try and find space
for them somewhere in my sunroom.

It simply is not right.

## Nor is it right for you to force your views on someone else who has
successfully kept and bred bettas themselves.

You wouldn't house a Koi, fully grown in a 20g tank would you?

## Now you're going to compare them with koi? I don't think so.....

Same difference. Yet you think it's perfectly fine to do it to Bettas.

## What am I doing to them? Next you'll claim you personally visit every
household your thousands of young fish go to to make sure all get heated,
filtered tanks. That must take at least 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365
days a year......... when do you have time for anything else? Do you
purchase heated, filtered 2 gallon tanks for your culls and those unsold or
do you euthanize them? You must be very rich and live in a huge house.

Why on earth would you take proper care of only some of your animals?

## But that's YOUR OPINION. It's cruel to breed them, sell them and not
know where they're going to end up. Or do you personally visit every
household your thousands of young fish go to to make sure all get heated,
filtered tanks or special heated rooms to themselves.

Once again, Ivy bowls are MUCH too small

## Once again. I don't have ivy bowls. :-) If you'd care to send me 9 or
10 tanks complete with filters and heaters I will try and find space in the
sunroom. Too bad I'm not rich like you, huh? These are the prices,
rounded off that I found in catalogs and at PetSmart.

2 gallon tank = $10.00
25w submersible or short heater = $17.00
Thermometer = $3.00
Small Azoo filter w/extra pads = 7.00

Times 10 bettas = $370.00

Old 23-11-2005, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.atheism
JoinerKing

Koi-lo wrote:

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thanks Zod.
I was warned about this person.

$$ Warned that I keep bettas in less than 2 gallon heated and filtered
tanks? That's never been a secret. LOL!!!

Warned that you are a pathological liar

This was why I created this post and

saying sorry to the other regs here who may see a million of my posts
correcting her bad and bogus "info" when it comes to these fish.

$$ The information is not BOGUS as millions of bettas are kept in less
than 2 gallon heated and filtered tanks.

Now ask her for the evidence, and she will go gaga on you.

[...]

Remeber Carol fish are special. They are made out of plastic and you
wind them up. The never die.

Old 23-11-2005, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
JoinerKing

Koi-lo wrote:

I HAVE seen the pictures and it's PROOF that you are housing them in
tiny Ivy bowls.

## What tiny ivy bowls? These bowls hold slightly less than 1/2
gallon of water and are changed weekly. Ammonia and nitrites are zero.

That is UNSUITABLE for housing Bettas!

If that was the case how in hell she write millions of usenet posts
about nothing all day long?

## That's YOUR OPINION. It's cruel to breed them, sell them and not
know where they're going to end up.

LOL. She forgot the concept of buissnes here.

## You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

He not giving out an opinion. He is giving out facts, something in your
life span you could never do.

## Nor is it right for you to force your views on someone else who has
successfully kept and bred bettas themselves.

I wonder who that "someone" is.... his facts are facts your opinions are
bogus and lies.

You wouldn't house a Koi, fully grown in a 20g tank would you?

Carolyn Adamo Gulley
Maiden name Witkowski born 1944
Current "husband":
Randy R. born 1946
3245 North Lamar Road Mount Juliet TN 37122-7806
Phone 615-459-9345

has been caught in various vicious lies!
Before plaguing ARJW with her nonsense, she use to plague the Health NG
do a google search on Yarrow / windsong / Carol for more details.

http://tinyurl.com/daw64
http://tinyurl.com/af4r9
http://tinyurl.com/7v5ly
When she is best by a man she accuse him of stalking

http://tinyurl.com/8wryt

She engages people in senseless debates about absolutely nothing.
Her intent on ARJW is to slander JW's

Before you reply, you may want to ask her a few things or only one.
_Where does she get her information?
_Can her information be verified?
_Is the information up to date?
_What is the purpose of her post? To present reliable facts about JW's
or sling mud on a religious organization in good standing in almost
every country in the world?

Ask her for evidence of her claims before proceeding with your
conversation with her, if not you may be end up wasting your time and
bandwidth on discussing subjects based on fraudulent and fabricated
information. This is how she manipulates clueless bystanders in
participating with her distributing false information elsewhere?

Facts about Carol:

*She can never present evidence.
*She never reveals the source of her info (because there is none). Her
common reply, is: "everybody already knows". If everybody knew, why
bring it up?
*She always hides her identity. And change her header to avoid
killfiles. A TOS offense
*She cuts and paste, rewrite postings, and will even forge e-mail
addresses
;which her ISP allows her to do. Just ask them:

If your newsgroups has been victim of Carol's MCP and ECP that is off
topic you can report her. Her account is dpc6682112001.direcpc.com and
you may report her by calling 1-800-DirecPC, by emailing us at
, or by writing to:

DirecPC
Customer Care Center
11717 Exploration Lane
Germantown, MD 20876 USA

Her use of remailers can still be traced to her account.No American ISP
like to be
associated with Hate Speech no matter if Hate speech is protected
under the First. It affects their commercial interest.
Then you can contact your own ISP and have them add them to their
block List Direcpc.com

Why does Carol behave as she does?

Carolyn Adamo Gulley of Davidson County Tn. Is a life long
underachiever. She did not finish High school in NYC, and lived as a
biker gangsters in the 60's and 70's. She claims on her website that she
has 2 failed
marriages and blames God for her poor choices. It is alleged that she
lost custody of her only son due to substance abuse, (never been
proven however). Dumped in TN by her Second husband, Quote-quote, with
no place to go.

She also has failed attempts at being a JW. She could never attain their
moral standards as dictated in the scriptures, and thus been at
war with them ever since. This has made her a very mentally unstable
woman, her hatred is intense, and due to biker-substance abuse
lifestyle, she now needs aid of a pacemaker.

By reporting her to her ISP, she is made aware, that she is alone in
her insane crusade full of false hoods and forgeries., and that you
the reader does not support hate speech against any religion or person.

Old 24-11-2005, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.free.newsservers
Tynk

JoinerKing wrote:
Tynk wrote:

[...]

Sounds like it, for sure! ; )
At least if any newbies do read some of her "info", they'll see enough
actual facts that they can figure it out.
I find kind of sad that this person feels the need to behave this way.

Old 24-11-2005, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Tynk

Koi-lo wrote:
"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...

Koi-lo wrote:
[...]

= O Bah Ha Ha Ha!!!
Oh that's a good one. You have 2 pictures showing IVY bowls lined up
with Bettas in them on your window sil.
You are so funny.
Oh, in case you are not aware of it "Carol", those tiny bowls that you
are housing Bettas in are called *Ivy bowls*. Stop saying that's not
what they are, as any one can see them in the pictures you have on your
web page.
Thanks for the laughs. = )~

Old 24-11-2005, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.free.newsservers
Koi-lo

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...
I find kind of sad that this person feels the need to behave this way.

================
I find in kind of sad that YOU feel the need to behave this way, ragging on
people day after day because they don't agree with you. Very sad in
fact........

Old 24-11-2005, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn,alt.free.newsservers
Tynk

Boo Hoo

Old 24-11-2005, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.ponds,alt.religion.jehovahs-witn
Sunny

"Koi-lo" wrote in message
snip
$$ The average they live at my house is 4 years, some to almost 4 1/2.
What next - yours live 8 to 10 years?

Scientific Name: Betta Splendens
Other Names: Betta Family: Belontiidae
Origin: Cambodia, Thailand
Adult Size: 3 inches (7 cm)
Social: Males cannot be kept together
Lifespan: 2-3 years ******************
Tank Level: Top dweller
Minimum Tank Size: 3 gallon
Diet: Live foods preferable, will eat flakes and frozen foods
Breeding: Egglayer - bubblenest
Ca Easy to Intermediate
pH: 6.8 - 7.4
Hardenss: up to 20 dGH