Old 17-02-2007, 12:38 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default ATTN: Ron and Galen Att: Galen

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:21:12 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:
snip a bunch of blabbering from Its about me CArol Gulley

In fact if I was foolish enough to leave this group there would soon be
another "target."

Why not give us all a chance and see if that statement holds water
carol.......huh, go away lets see if your know what the hell your
talking about....no guts no glory.. come on give it a run for the
money, put your money where your alligator mouth is at carol! I have
nes for yu dumbass, your foolish no matter what yoiu do an dthis week
has sure opened a lot of foks eyes in regards to what you really are.
My mailbox is just about overflowing with support....How is your
emails and behind the scenes chats going? Pityfull no doubt!

Snip more bullshit and foamy substance

-------
Old 17-02-2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:21:12 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

I think we're well aware of what giving someone the needle and/or baiting
them is Gill. :-)

Seems that too is open to interpretation. I don't think I bait, but I've
been told by you I do.

In fact if I was foolish enough to leave this group there would soon be
another "target."

IMO, you've been foolish to endure the abuse. Course you could leave and
prove yourself right and see who is the next target. I would find that an
interesting experiment. ~ jan

Old 17-02-2007, 01:16 AM posted to rec.ponds

Some advice for you Jan. Thow some $$ on a lottery ticket, your odds
are much better of winning than of carol going away! She can;t as she
knows there is no other target.afterall its as everyone knows, Its ALL
ABOUT CAROL, ONLY CAROL no one else. She is just to blind to
see.......others that got involved elected to throw their dog into the
fuss....... and they lost.......Now carol is the fool stillout trying
to save her so called reputation.

Play the lottery.....its more of a sure thing than anything carol
says!

Old 17-02-2007, 01:41 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default ATTN: Ron and Galen

Zëbulon wrote:

This is true. Alt.aquaria.freshwater.misc is next since the same
problems exist there.

Not familiar with that group......don't get it on my NSP......
Old 17-02-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.ponds

Me neither, but rest assured if Carol is in it its bound to be screwed
up and in turmoil.......Evidently the turmoil troll magnet works
pretty darn good as does the carol catalyst.........what a talented
individual! But I am bound to get the blame for it going to
waste.......

Old 17-02-2007, 04:59 AM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

I think we're well aware of what giving someone the needle and/or baiting
them is Gill. :-)

Seems that too is open to interpretation. I don't think I bait, but I've
been told by you I do.

Exactly. When someone shrewdly plays with words one may see it as baiting
and another, especially one's friend, may not.

In fact if I was foolish enough to leave this group there would soon be
another "target."

IMO, you've been foolish to endure the abuse.

Is that would you'd tell all his victims/targets to get rid of them since
you can't get rid of him? You'll just tell them not to be foolish and
leave? This way he gets to decide who posts here and who doesn't? Sorry
Jan, you can't sell me that bill of goods. :-)

Course you could leave and
prove yourself right and see who is the next target. I would find that an
interesting experiment. ~ jan

No thanks. I'll see if he leaves or you leave. After all, Gill says what
he's doing isn't "abuse"... remember?
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 05:14 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
Zëbulon wrote:

This is true. Alt.aquaria.freshwater.misc is next since the same
problems exist there.

Not familiar with that group......don't get it on my NSP......

===================
I had it wrong. It's rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 06:24 AM posted to rec.ponds

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:59:54 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

Exactly. When someone shrewdly plays with words one may see it as baiting
and another, especially one's friend, may not.

Like I said, open to interpretation.

Is that would you'd tell all his victims/targets to get rid of them since
you can't get rid of him?

Nope, his other "victims/targets" didn't have to be told, they either left
or ignored him. I too have been his victim at times. Big deal, I ignored
him and that was that.

Sorry Jan, you can't sell me that bill of goods. :-)

Your loss.

No thanks. I'll see if he leaves or you leave.

Whatever................... ~ jan
Old 17-02-2007, 08:04 AM posted to rec.ponds

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:55:17 -0600, Tristan
wrote:

Well I have youy beat in the years department sucker and folks are
still responding to me every day, and I am not counting my socks
either. If it was not for folks trying to get me to see the light or
my socks I wuld not have any replies....face it.

Oh, I claim those socks as dependants on my income tax....
hahahahaha

Sponsored in part by:
The House of Roy "Tristan" Hauer©
The Roy Hauer Institute of Usenet Socks
Anonymity® and Sock Puppetry.
The Committee to Take Back our USENET Groups!
Hauer's Home for Orphaned Socks LLC.
Supporters of Your Local Newsgroups (SLN, Ltd.)
The Roy Hauer AKA Tristan Hauer Plonk Foundation©
Just say no to Roy "Tristan" Hauer!
Its not all about Roy "Tristan" Hauer, Trust me on that!
Send Roy Tristan Hauer an Email.....tell him how you realy feel!
Send Roy "Tristan" Hauer's ISP and NNTP aan Abuse report,
let them know how you feel too.

-= Have LoneGunman, Will Travel. =-

Houston, we have a problem......Y'all gonna have to modify the RFD to
allow potential posters the right to specify what mmoderator will
infact read their posts for approval. Seems some have troupble with
who may or may not read their posts now. If CArol can get special
priveledges on who gets to read her posts I also request that only
certain ones read and approve mine and no one but them.........

Just how far is this moderation requirement gonna need tobe refined
just to suit the problems created by one............I think it would
have been a whole lot quicker and really more efective if a consensus
of foks banded together and went after a certain person ISP and got
rif of the cancer totally.........Then all of usenet would be a better
place moderated or not.

I trust specialized moderator treatment will not put a delay in the
reading and posting of posts will it? I sure hate to miss any posts
that one has as its sure been a very enlightening experieince wth that
persons methods....

We aren't set up to do anything at all like that right now. About
the only thing like that we have addressed is a common feeling that
moderators would not moderate their own posts. Even that requires
that a moderator recognize their own post and pass on it, sort of an
"honor system." It is pretty much chance as to what moderator reads
what post. It's doable in the software, but isn't written yet. For
now, it seems that the most effective thing is to raise objections to
the proposed moderator(s) about whether or not they should even be
moderators.
--
Galen Hekhuis
We'll cross that bridge when it rears its ugly head

Old 17-02-2007, 03:44 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Houston, we have a problem......Y'all gonna have to modify the RFD to
allow potential posters the right to specify what mmoderator will
infact read their posts for approval. Seems some have troupble with
who may or may not read their posts now.

LOL. We don't _have_ to modify the RFD for any reason. It'll fly, or not,
on its merits. I rather doubt that the big-8 board is going to care about
whether a few potential posters have a problem with specific moderators,
but would care if large numbers of posters had problems with a specific
moderator.
--
derek

Old 17-02-2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Houston, we have a problem......Y'all gonna have to modify the RFD to
allow potential posters the right to specify what mmoderator will
infact read their posts for approval. Seems some have troupble with
who may or may not read their posts now.

LOL. We don't _have_ to modify the RFD for any reason. It'll fly, or
not,
on its merits. I rather doubt that the big-8 board is going to care about
whether a few potential posters have a problem with specific moderators,
but would care if large numbers of posters had problems with a specific
moderator.
--
derek

========================
That would never happen because she still treats them as she once treated
me. :-)
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 17-02-2007, 07:19 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:28:35 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

Even people in the Nashville Pond Club feed the cheaper foods. That's where
I first learned about it.

Would that be the Nashville Pond Society by chance? ~ jan
Old 17-02-2007, 10:54 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote:

Even people in the Nashville Pond Club feed the cheaper foods. That's
where
I first learned about it.

Would that be the Nashville Pond Society by chance? ~ jan

=================
More than likely. We were members at one time and made a few meetings years
ago.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Old 24-02-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Koi Food

wrote:

Even people in the Nashville Pond Club feed the cheaper foods. That's
where
I first learned about it.

Would that be the Nashville Pond Society by chance? ~ jan

=================
More than likely. We were members at one time and made a few meetings years
ago.

You might want to consider returning and getting an update, as even the NPS
doesn't teach that any more. I e-mailed the AKCA contact off the AKCA
website if the NPS recommended feeding catfish or trout chow. The simple
answer I got was: "we did not do that". I also E-ed the 2 KHA's of the club
and one of them told me she had just given a talk at a recent meeting on
koi nutrition. That would have been a good one for you to have attended,
perhaps you would have found some additional information out regarding the
food you purchased and why your fry didn't do well on it.

I know I personally don't rely on one type of food, and am not familiar
with the brand you purchased. Just because it is high priced doesn't mean
it is good. An example would be Tetra Pond $tix$, last I looked at those
corn was in the top 3 ingredients... and why the fish absolutely love it.
Corn being like candy to them. I personally feed Sho Koi, Manda Fu, & Hy
Feng plus fresh veggies, like peas, duckweed & watercress. ~ jan
Old 24-02-2007, 06:01 PM posted to rec.ponds

===============================
You might want to consider returning and getting an update, as even the
NPS
doesn't teach that any more. I e-mailed the AKCA contact off the AKCA
website if the NPS recommended feeding catfish or trout chow.

No one said the "Club" recommended it. I learned about it from some of the
members. Not all the members of the club were feeding the highly overpriced
koi foods.

The simple
answer I got was: "we did not do that". I also E-ed the 2 KHA's of the
club
and one of them told me she had just given a talk at a recent meeting on
koi nutrition. That would have been a good one for you to have attended,
perhaps you would have found some additional information out regarding the
food you purchased and why your fry didn't do well on it.

That's OK Jan. Thanks. The meetings are too far for us to make. I'll stick
to what works for me, what worked for years. These baby koi need to get some
size and weight on them by fall to make it through the winter. They must
also be a certain size to be salable. The majority did not reach salable
size as they did the two previous years. The only thing different was the
food. The trout and catfish chow work fine. The fry are sold the following
spring and of course go on whatever diet their new owners chose to feed
them. When someone gets fish here I tell them what I feed and also about
the koi foods and let them decide for themselves.

I know I personally don't rely on one type of food, and am not familiar
with the brand you purchased.

It was all I could find locally. Even without shipping and handling it was
over $5 a lb and we have a lot of fish.

Just because it is high priced doesn't mean
it is good. An example would be Tetra Pond $tix$, last I looked at those
corn was in the top 3 ingredients...

Ugh! I don't touch Tetra brands. For obvious reasons I wont post the name
of the food I used.

and why the fish absolutely love it.
Corn being like candy to them. I personally feed Sho Koi, Manda Fu, & Hy
Feng plus fresh veggies, like peas, duckweed & watercress. ~ jan

Excellent diet. I can't get any of those feeds locally. Along with the
trout and catfish chow they get oranges, duckweed, canned rinsed peas, live
earthworms which they love, an occasional slice of bread and some kitten
and/or puppy chow.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.