Old 14-05-2003, 04:20 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Default What I seen today?!

I was feeding my koi's and I looked into the water and seen this pinkess mucus,
seman stuff a little bit not alot floating up to the surface.I checked my fish
and didn't see any wounds on them. So is this what I am thinking of?? Are they
starting to mature and spawn??

Thanks,

Sacha
Old 14-05-2003, 06:44 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Why are my post being constanlty posted and not answered??

Please help,

Sacha
Old 14-05-2003, 06:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"MISSYMAGICGIRL" wrote in message
Why are my post being constanlty posted and not answered??

Please help,

Sacha

Sacha...when people have an answer, they'll answer, don't sweat it. Your
original post was only posted here about 3 hours ago. That is barely nothing
in the Usenet world.

BV.

Old 14-05-2003, 07:56 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
"MISSYMAGICGIRL" wrote in message

Why are my post being constanlty posted and not answered??

Please help,

Sacha

Sacha...when people have an answer, they'll answer, don't sweat it. Your
original post was only posted here about 3 hours ago. That is barely nothing
in the Usenet world.

BV.

I dont look for answers to my posts for two tho three days, takes people
time to get back to puter and sift through all posts and lots of us
have to look up the answer

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 15-05-2003, 12:08 AM
RichToyBox

Sacha,

When my koi spawn, there is little doubt. The plants are trashed, there is
white foam and milky grease slick over the entire pond. At around sunrise,
they are pushing and banging into the pots, plants, pond sides, each other,
and anything else available. Males are lifting the females out of the
water, caught between them. I have never seen the pinkish mucus stuff you
are describing.
--
RichToyBox

Old 15-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Lee Brouillet

Sacha, sometimes we don't respond immediately because we don't know what the
answer is. I can offer a suggestion: many snails have a pinkish goo they lay
their eggs in. (Apple Snails will deposit their eggs above the water line:
they stick a tube out above the water onto the rocks or whatever, and
deposit the eggs there, usually at night. You come out the next morning and
would SWEAR that someone had stuck pink bubblegum onto your rocks, like you
used to stick your gum under your desk at school! c'mon now, I KNOW you did
G!) Your "stuff" is not Apple Snail eggs, but they may be other snail
eggs.

FWIW, be careful what you wish for: spawning is a mess, the babies are
oh-so-cute, and the decision regarding their disposal when you have far too
many for your pond to support is agonizing. When they spawn, you will know
it without a doubt: the water will have a milky foam on it and it will stink
to high heaven. Your plants will be torn up and the pond will be a wreck.
You'll have to do a 50% water change or so to keep the ammonia in check, and
watch the ammonia levels like a hawk for a few days.

Keep the faith: just like teenagers, you won't be able to stop them once
they get old enough!!!

Lee

Old 15-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Just Me \Koi\

True!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 15-05-2003, 09:20 PM
Pinkpggy

I will answer your post, for you, but I have no idea what you are seeing. I am
anxious to see what others say too.
Old 17-05-2003, 03:56 AM
~ jan

Remember that post I wrote regarding asking the same question over and over
week after week? Well, some of us are on to you it appears.

As far as this particular thread, well it was just down right disgusting,
geeze..... So I was ignoring it.... until you posted below. ~ jan

On 14 May 2003 17:38:59 GMT, (MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

Why are my post being constanlty posted and not answered??

Please help,

Sacha

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 17-05-2003, 01:44 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , ~ jan
writes:

Remember that post I wrote regarding asking the same question over and over
week after week? Well, some of us are on to you it appears.

Oh no put the cuffs on me and cart me off! This is a place to ask questions.
And if I ask something over and over, maybe in a same fashion or in a different
way and your getting bent out of shape over it well tell me off or ignore it.

As far as this particular thread, well it was just down right disgusting,
geeze..... So I was ignoring it.... until you posted below. ~ jan

As far as this particular thread, well it was just down right disgusting,

Oh did I offend you!! Just because your maybe more knowledgeable them me don't
make you better! Maybe some of us need to get off high horse.

I came here last year when I first started and admitt I learned alot. What I am
going to do is just look it up like you guys do and avoid wasting my time on
this. I will not go down to some people's levels.

I am not posting ever again on these's message boards.
I am better off subscribing to a group on yahoo, etc. Which I am already and
where no one bickers like this in these groups.

Sacha

Old 17-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Wait a minute Sacha and Jan. Remember all are welcomed, and we pride
ourselves in not having a strong disagreement. This is my happy place, and
you are all my friends. Don't want my friends mad at each other!

How can I ask you both to make up and get the misunderstanding behind you?

--
_______________________________________

Old 17-05-2003, 08:56 PM
~ jan

On Sat, 17 May 2003 17:27:03 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\"" wrote:

Wait a minute Sacha and Jan. Remember all are welcomed, and we pride
ourselves in not having a strong disagreement. This is my happy place, and
you are all my friends. Don't want my friends mad at each other!

How can I ask you both to make up and get the misunderstanding behind you?

I am doing, and have done, what she requested, ignoring her threads. Until
she asked why she was being ignored, I answered that and she didn't like my
answer. Truth hurts, some learn, some run from it. I'm not mad at her, even
though she tossed insults my way, because she misunderstood my answer as a
flame.

Even in this group there will be disagreements from time to time, I was not
trying to flame her, but enlighten her to improve on her posting methods so
she would get answers. Was I really out of line in doing so? ~ jan

Old 17-05-2003, 09:08 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , "Just Me \"Koi\""
writes:

How can I ask you both to make up and get the misunderstanding behind you?

There is no misunderstanding. Jan started this early this year and now again.
Apparently Jan has something withh me cause every week I see the same kinds of
questions asked; and not by me others and Jan says nothing.

It's a cause and effect thing, Jan said something once and I did nothing but
say something again and what do you expect?! And this time she was stronger
with her words I was amazed! Some one thinks they have the right to pop stuff
about my posts and expects me to breakdown!? I dont..

I did nothing wrong but defend myself and my words. That's not a crime.

Sacha
Old 17-05-2003, 09:32 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article , ~ jan
writes:

Truth hurts, some learn, some run from it.

Yeah and some don't know jack!

I answered that and she didn't like my answer!

The only reply was this:

Remember that post I wrote regarding asking the same question over and over
week after week? Well, some of us are on to you it appears.

As far as this particular thread, well it was just down right disgusting,
geeze..... So I was ignoring it.... until you posted below. ~ jan

On 14 May 2003 17:38:59 GMT, (MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

Why are my post being constanlty posted and not answered??

Please help,

Sacha

What lesson was learned or Thruth was told?! You don't know shit about me so
don't come on Holly'er then now and say I ran from the thruth!

tossed insults my way, because she misunderstood my answer as a
flame.

It wasn't a flame it was a arrognant attack. Jan never answered my thread only
with the about. If that's what she thinks is an answer then; then what can I
say. It speaks for it's self..

Sacha
Old 17-05-2003, 10:32 PM
~ jan

What lesson was learned or Thruth was told?!

First off, if I'd really wanted to get into a flame war with you I'd attack
your unwillness to spell check or proof read before you hit send.

Granted, myself included, we all toss in a typo now and then, and learning
disabilities aside, there is no excuse not to spell check, and if you don't
have spell check to at least proof read what you've written.

A bit of advice, which I know you'll hate to take, when you let a post get
to you emotionally, it might be wise to read it a couple of times, take a
break, and read it again. Write a response, if you must, wait some more,
and re-read it. Ask yourself..."Is this how you really want the people of a
newsgroup to perceive you? As someone who uses 4 letter words when they are
told something they don't like?" before hitting Send.

You don't know shit about me so
don't come on Holly'er then now and say I ran from the thruth!

Through this thread I'm learning more about you than I ever wanted to know.

It wasn't a flame it was a arrognant attack. Jan never answered my thread only
with the about. If that's what she thinks is an answer then; then what can I
say. It speaks for it's self..

Huh?

Let me try again, in regards to an answer: Your original question
description was gross, I ignored it. Personally I was impressed with the
answers though that some came up with. You didn't even bother yourself to
thank them, or let them know if they were possibly right, that I have yet
to see.

2) I, otoh, was answering the question of why your post(s) was ignored. I
believe many, like myself, have gotten tired of answering your questions
and getting no acknowledgement that you are even reading the answers.
Mainly because it isn't long before a similar question will pop up from
you. Most peoples' memories aren't that short, especially when they've been
slighted. I've answered people questions, without a response from them, but
I've never seen that same person post the same question within a week of my
answer, as I've have seen you do.

3) Yes, the same questions get asked over & over by different people. How
come you aren't learning from them, but have to ask a similar question?

You post all you want, it's a free internet, though I'd watch those 4
letters words. I'll put you under my ignore file.

I must tell you one thing though. I better not see another question from
you asking WHY AM I BEING IGNORED? Because I doubt I'll be able to keep
myself from answering. ~ jan