Old 14-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pond Plants for postage!

Sue,

What is your address? People were generous with me and I am glad to return
the favor.

Our parrots feather is hanging out over everything and gets cut back weekly.
Would you like longer strands that have been floating (lots of roots) or
recently cut heads? I may have some in between.

Would you like some anacharis or frogbit with the parrots feather?

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
No.... don't do it - I LOVE parrot feathers! I go out every day and

count
how many new heads I can find on my sorry looking parrot feathers..... and

can only hope that they will start to see some sun around here soon so

they
can multiply and grow like crazy! Problem with Connecticut ponds is that
our ponding season is so short, we never get the chance to have any plants
become invasive. If you're willing to ship some parrot feathers

Connecticut, I'll gladly pay the postage!
Sue

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...
BV,

If you would like some water celery, I have lots and would be glad to

send
you a box or so for postage costs. My WH are not yet big enough to send

you
any. I also have parrots feather that I am composting.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at:

jogathon.net
"BenignVanilla" m wrote

in
message ...
"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
Hi, June.... I'd love some more hyacinth. I've got a 4000 gallon

koi
pond
where the 25 I bought just aren't doing well, I think the lack of

sun
in
Connecticut has a lot to do with it, and now with the new turtle

pond,
could certainly use more. Let me know how much you want and what

method
of
payment, and I'll get right on it. And don't be afraid to throw in

little extra for your labor...... I really appreciate the offer!

If
you
want to e-mail me,

I second that. I have a very understocked VF, and would love some more

WH.
I'd also pay postage a bit for some.

BV.

Old 14-06-2003, 08:44 PM
jammer

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:15:40 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

I have just one. My neighbor gave it to me and told me to buy no more,
because it will replicate like crazy. I am impatient. I want my clay out,
and my plants in. *laugh*

BV.

I had one that survived the frigid winter (I tied it to a brick and
sunk it.....try this) and over the last 2 weeks it has given two
offspring and gotten quite a bit bigger. I can see where one will be
just fine. I am almost glad the other three didnt make the winter.

Old 16-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Scooter

BV - I have moslty wild-caught plants in my pond. Be sure the ones you
get aren't protected or rare. I have had cattails but they quickly
outgrow their containers, so think BIG first. The roots are also very
invasive and can actually puncture liners too.
I have 6 or 7 wild iris I brought home from a local pond. They were so
small that you couldn't tell if they were weeds or cattails or what.
Turned out to be all beautiful violet/purple irises, except for one
yellow one. Have fun and let us know what you find.
Scooter
Old 17-06-2003, 02:56 AM
LRobi31070

I have a flat version of water lettuce that doesnt look as leafy as I would
like. I also have water celery, WH and pickerell. I live in OK and would be
glad to share with anyone. Lou Ann
PS I have water bamboo and 4 leaf clover, but it is 1st year and they arent
very big.
Old 17-06-2003, 03:32 AM
jammer

Is it the dwarf bamboo or the super tall kind? That is one of the
plants i want. (dwarf)

Old 17-06-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

news
m wrote:

I have just one. My neighbor gave it to me and told me to buy no more,
because it will replicate like crazy. I am impatient. I want my clay out,
and my plants in. *laugh*

BV.

I had one that survived the frigid winter (I tied it to a brick and
sunk it.....try this) and over the last 2 weeks it has given two
offspring and gotten quite a bit bigger. I can see where one will be
just fine. I am almost glad the other three didnt make the winter.

I guess it heard me post this. I went back there this weekend, and the WH
has two sprouts off the sides. My lily has a bud up as well.

BV.

Old 17-06-2003, 03:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"Scooter" wrote in message
om...
BV - I have moslty wild-caught plants in my pond. Be sure the ones you
get aren't protected or rare. I have had cattails but they quickly
outgrow their containers, so think BIG first. The roots are also very
invasive and can actually puncture liners too.
I have 6 or 7 wild iris I brought home from a local pond. They were so
small that you couldn't tell if they were weeds or cattails or what.
Turned out to be all beautiful violet/purple irises, except for one
yellow one. Have fun and let us know what you find.
Scooter

Funny. I bought a cattail a bunch of other plants this year. My cattail is
the one plant that is not doing well.

BV.

Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
LRobi31070

Mine is dwarf! Do you know if it is illegal to send WH through the mail? I
think it is and dont want to get arrested!!!!!!
Old 18-06-2003, 12:08 AM
LRobi31070

Sure, but do you know about the illegal part......... WH?

Old 18-06-2003, 12:08 AM
LRobi31070

I will need you address also.
Old 18-06-2003, 12:20 AM
jammer

http://www.watertropicals.com/?http:...t_restrict.htm

Plant Restrictions Listed By State

Alabama
Arrowhead
Azolla
Parrot's Feather
Salvinia
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

Arizona
Salvinia
Water Hyacinth

Arkansas
Salvinia

California
Iris - Blue Flag
Mexicana (Hardy Water Lily)
Salvinia
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

Colorado
No Restrictions

Florida
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

Georgia
Salvinia

Hawaii
Sensitive Plant

Louisiana
Anacharis
Pickeral Rush
Salvinia
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

Louisiana
Anacharis
Cabomba
Floating Heart (aka "Frog Bit")
Parrot's Feather

Maryland
No Restrictions

Missouri
No Restrictions

Montana
Iris - Yellow Flag

Nevada
No Restrictions

New Hampshire
Anacharis
Cabomba
Flowering Rush
Floating Heart (aka "Frog Bit")
Parrot's Feather

New Mexico
No Restrictions

New York
No Restrictions

North Carolina
Anacharis
Red Ludwegia
Salvinia

Ohio
No Restrictions Oklahoma
No Restrictions

Oregon
Anacharis
Horsetail Rush

Pennsylvania
No Restrictions

Puerto Rico
Anacharis
Arrowhead
Arrow Arum
Bacopa
Bog Lily
Cabomba
Canna - Yellow
Cattails - All
Duckweed
Floating Heart (aka "Frog Bit")
Golden Club
Hornwort
Iris - Blue Flag
Lizard's Tail
Mexicana (Hardy Water Lily)
Parrot's Feather
Pennywort
Pickeral Rush
Red Ludwegia
Taro - Green
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

Rhode Island
Dwarf Papyrus
Giant Papyrus
Umbrella Palm

South Carolina
Hyacinth
Lettuce
Ludwegia
Salvinia

South Dakota
Bacopa
Cabomba
Hyacinth
Papyrus Dwarf
Parrot's Feather
Pennywort
Salvinia

Texas
Salvinia
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

Utah
No Restrictions

Vermont
Cabomba
Frogbit (a.k.a.- Floating Heart)
Iris - Yellow Flag
Parrot's Feather
Salvinia

Washington
Anacharis
Cabomba
Floating Heart (aka "Frog Bit")
Parrot's Feather

Wyoming
No Restrictions

Old 18-06-2003, 12:20 AM
jammer

On 17 Jun 2003 23:05:06 GMT, (LRobi31070) wrote:

I will need you address also.

Sent to above address

Old 18-06-2003, 12:39 AM
joe

jammer wrote:

California
Iris - Blue Flag
Mexicana (Hardy Water Lily)
Salvinia
Water Hyacinth
Water Lettuce

So, when you say restricted, what does that mean? They sell WH & WL at any
pond nursery I've been at here in San Diego.

Joe

Old 18-06-2003, 12:56 AM
Bonnie Espenshade

jammer wrote: