Old 02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
D. S.

Default Pond Plants for postage!

Anyone have some plants that you want to get rid of? If so, I'll pay
postage for them. I live in z6b

--
D.S.

It's always darkest before dawn, so if you're going to
steal your neighbor's fish, that's the time to do it.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"D. S." wrote in message
Anyone have some plants that you want to get rid of? If so, I'll pay
postage for them. I live in z6b

Sorry...my first season...I just dumped a couple of bills for my plants, and
I still don't have enough. I'd love to get my hands on some more WH and
Iris.

BV.

P.S. Has anyone ever 'gathered' pond grasses, cattails, etc. from local
ponds? We have a lot of run off 'tanks' around highways here. They are all
stocked full of catttails. I am thinking of aquiring some.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 PM
D. S.

I just got in some GREAT looking WH. I hope it doesn't char like everything
else in this heat!!!!!

D.S.

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"D. S." wrote in message
I just got in some GREAT looking WH. I hope it doesn't char like

everything
else in this heat!!!!!

snip

I have just one. My neighbor gave it to me and told me to buy no more,
because it will replicate like crazy. I am impatient. I want my clay out,
and my plants in. *laugh*

BV.

Old 02-06-2003, 10:32 PM
K30a

BV wrote P.S. Has anyone ever 'gathered' pond grasses, cattails, etc. from
local
ponds?

Yes, but......
soak them in a solution of pp (somebody post the concentration). *Wild* snails
can carry parasites.
Also be careful around any area with beavers in residence.
I've contacted our state wildlife agency and here they don't mind folks taking
a plant, a tadpole, a clam or two but they don't want wholesale digging going
on.

k30a

Old 03-06-2003, 04:08 AM
*muffin*

I still don't have enough. I'd love to get my hands on some more WH and
Iris.

BV.

try ebay for the WH's.. I got a BUNCH for pretty cheap,,

Old 13-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Sue Alexandre

Hi, June.... I'd love some more hyacinth. I've got a 4000 gallon koi pond
where the 25 I bought just aren't doing well, I think the lack of sun in
Connecticut has a lot to do with it, and now with the new turtle pond, I
could certainly use more. Let me know how much you want and what method of
payment, and I'll get right on it. And don't be afraid to throw in a
little extra for your labor...... I really appreciate the offer! If you
want to e-mail me,
Sue

igy.com...

Old 13-06-2003, 01:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"Sue Alexandre" wrote in message
Hi, June.... I'd love some more hyacinth. I've got a 4000 gallon koi pond
where the 25 I bought just aren't doing well, I think the lack of sun in
Connecticut has a lot to do with it, and now with the new turtle pond, I
could certainly use more. Let me know how much you want and what method

of
payment, and I'll get right on it. And don't be afraid to throw in a
little extra for your labor...... I really appreciate the offer! If you
want to e-mail me,

I second that. I have a very understocked VF, and would love some more WH.
I'd also pay postage a bit for some.

BV.

Old 13-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Jerrispond

.. I'd love some more hyacinth. I've got a 4000 gallon koi pond where the
25 I bought just aren't doing well,

They will never do well in a koi pond. The koi eat the roots. I grow mine out
in the goldfish pond or veg. filter then put them in the koi pond for a week
then back into the other pond. Jerri

Old 13-06-2003, 06:20 PM
BenignVanilla

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
.. I'd love some more hyacinth. I've got a 4000 gallon koi pond where

the
25 I bought just aren't doing well,

They will never do well in a koi pond. The koi eat the roots. I grow

mine out
in the goldfish pond or veg. filter then put them in the koi pond for a

week
then back into the other pond. Jerri

That's what I want them for. The VF!

BV.

Old 14-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

BV,

If you would like some water celery, I have lots and would be glad to send
you a box or so for postage costs. My WH are not yet big enough to send you
any. I also have parrots feather that I am composting.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...

Old 14-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Sue Alexandre

Hi Jerri:
The hyacinths did well the last two years in the koi pond, so either they
just developed a taste for them this year, or it's the lousy weather. In
either case, I plan to do the same as you by keeping the new ones both in
the veggie filter and in the new turtle pond and rotate them into the koi
pond for a few days at a time. Thanks.
Sue

Old 14-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Sue Alexandre

No.... don't do it - I LOVE parrot feathers! I go out every day and count
how many new heads I can find on my sorry looking parrot feathers..... and I
can only hope that they will start to see some sun around here soon so they
can multiply and grow like crazy! Problem with Connecticut ponds is that
our ponding season is so short, we never get the chance to have any plants
become invasive. If you're willing to ship some parrot feathers to
Connecticut, I'll gladly pay the postage!
Sue

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in
message ...