Old 22-06-2003, 06:31 AM
J. Douglas Mercer

Default OT Harry Potter OT

BTW
This is the same uncle who assumed that she would rather read Narnia than
Potter.
DOH!

"J. Douglas Mercer" wrote in message
.net...
Went to Krogers grocery store today, assuming that I had failed to get my
sweet niece her book for her birthday tomorrow.
Lo and behold, it was there in a big display in the front for $18US. (40
percent off of retail with Kroger card)
There is a Borders book store 100 meters away which had people waiting
after-hours last night.
Boy, I feel like a great uncle now. :-)

doug
.

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today? (me!)
My 17-yr-old daughter is going to crawl into
the mailbox and wait for the postman to arrive.

k30a

Old 22-06-2003, 07:32 AM

sorry. got my copy at 12:30 last night. read for 2 hours and fell asleep. woke up
this morning and read straight thru (well minus eating and phone calls!!) finished at
12:30. I slowed way down the last 100 pages didnt want it to end.
I will start reading it again next week end I think.
It is great.
Ingrid

ESPMER (K30a) wrote:

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today? (me!)
My 17-yr-old daughter is going to crawl into
the mailbox and wait for the postman to arrive.

k30a

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 22-06-2003, 08:20 AM
zookeeper

K30a wrote:
Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book ...

Well, okay, I'll fess up ...
I have to restart Book 4 and finish it before I can go on to Book 5. But
that will give my son time to read #5 before I do. Just after I started
Book 4, I became intensely interested in another hobby so put it aside
for other reading and haven't felt ready to restart before now. I tried
to last month, but my son decided he wanted to refresh his memory before
#5 was on the shelves.

Since he reads almost as fast as I do (finished a 250 page novel in ~3
hours last week -- note to self: let him read it at the bookstore next
time instead of paying $17.50 for 3 hours' entertainment!!), I'll be
reading #5 soon.

So no discussing plots, deaths, etc. for a while ... please?
--
zookeeper

Old 22-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Russ and Cathy

"K30a" wrote in message

Okay, time to fess up.
How many rec.ponders are going to be reading
the Harry Potter fifth book today? (me!)
k30a

Although i love to read and can read books very rapidly, i do not wish to
read the harry potter books. Funny enough, my 9 yr. old son, who also likes
to read, never wanted anything to do with them either. Hasn't even seen a
Harry Potter movie and does not even wish to own any of the HP toys. I guess
HP just isnt for our family.
Cathy

Old 22-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Mary Alice Kropp

Got mine yesterday morning.... Broke my OWN rule about new books (they have
to go at the end of the "unread" shelf and be read in their turn), because I
now have 2 shelves full of unread books and I can't wait that long!!!!

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak
Updates 6/22/03

Better to be occasionally cheated than perpetually suspicious.

It's more fun to color outside the lines.

Old 22-06-2003, 11:20 PM
K30a

Our house is very, very, very quiet with reading. Three persons reading, two
labradors napping and two out camping, (Dad and youngest son).

Last night, eldest son and I took advantage of youngest being gone and rented a
scary movie...
involving things swooping out of the darkness at the heroes. So, of course, a
dark object swooped from under the sofa, across the room, right in front of
labrador number two's nose and disappeared down the hallway. Much screaming on
my part, 'what?!!, what?!!!' on eldest son's part.
Not a word from daughter's room... so we had to investigate to see if dark
object had *gotten* her... of course she was just fine, didn't think mother
screaming was any big deal... too involved in Harry Potter.
Labrador was lectured about her responsibilities and dark objects and both
labradors had to sleep with me the rest of the night. Swooping running object
has not been spotted since...

k30a
Old 22-06-2003, 11:20 PM
John Rutz

K30a wrote:
[...]

maybe should lay off those movies or not get so involved in them ;-)

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 23-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Nedra

Ohhhhh Kathy!!! LOLOLOL!!! Ice tea everywhere.
I love the way you describe things....

Nedra

Old 23-06-2003, 05:44 AM
*muffin*

ok, I'm fessing,,
I have NEVER read any of the books.

my grandson, though, has watched the DVD of the 1st Harry potter, here, a
gazillion times,, ( I never got around to it!!)

one of these days,,,,,,,I'll read the books.

Muffin who's 30something son thinks Harry Potter is B*A*D for kids (
something about sorcery & against the bible....... **major sigh**)

Old 23-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Snooze

Rich wrote in message ...
Harry who
OK; I we called the kids and they got the grand daughter up at 11 PM and
went to the book store. They were 230 out of 250 books.
They were on the TV news all dressed up in there parts.
I'll wait for the movie I have the first two.

I forgot, someone please remind me. What do they say when grown men and
women line up infront of the movie theater dressed up like Star Trek and
Star Wars character, waiting the next movie.

Sameer

Old 23-06-2003, 11:32 PM
James Williams

"Snooze" wrote :

I forgot, someone please remind me. What do they say when grown men and
women line up infront of the movie theater dressed up like Star Trek and
Star Wars character, waiting the next movie.

Well, that's different!

---

Review of Alnwick Garden (Part of Alnwick Castle, which was Hogworts School in Harry Potter) [email protected] Gardening 0 19-03-2007 06:33 PM
OT new Harry Potter film dkat Ponds 19 10-06-2004 08:06 AM
OT Education was new Harry Potter film Ka30P Ponds 5 10-06-2004 05:12 AM
new Harry Potter film [email protected] Ponds 26 09-06-2004 03:14 PM
Shrek 2, weas new Harry Potter film Tom L. La Bron Ponds 9 09-06-2004 03:12 PM