Old 27-06-2003, 02:08 PM
BenignVanilla

Default what to do with dead animals in pond?

"Lydia" wrote in message
My DH and I want to have a small pond in our backyard one day and this is
such an excellent group! I have no experience [yet] to ever help others
with their questions here, but may I ask... I see a lot of posts about
animals that commit suicide in ponds. What do you do with them when you
find them? How do you dispose of them?

We have wetlands directly behind our house and farm land in front of it

with
the rest of a new housing community to the sides. I've seen many, many
wonderful birds fliting around out there and hopefully they'll begin using
the new birdbath we just got for them. We have lots of bunnies scampering
around. And the chorus of frogs at night is so nice. Just the other day

we
had a weasel stroll through our backyard! I'm sure there's plenty of

other
critters out there.

I know it's naughty, but I typically add them to my compost heap. In mid
season they are break down in just a few weeks, that is if a scavenger
doesn't come along for a meal.

BV.

Old 27-06-2003, 02:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
news
Got the scare of the week .... was about the cut off the
lotus flower, looked down in the pond and there was
a Head with Eyes starring staright ahead! I knew it was
dead but what was it. Not a big kitty - NO! It was the
head that had been blown off the owl statue!!! Phew ....
Fished it out and its now sitting on top of the owl again.
snip

OMIGOD...I just SLOMLAP'ed.

BV.

Old 27-06-2003, 03:08 PM
John Rutz

Nedra wrote:
Got the scare of the week .... was about the cut off the
lotus flower, looked down in the pond and there was
a Head with Eyes starring staright ahead! I knew it was
dead but what was it. Not a big kitty - NO! It was the
head that had been blown off the owl statue!!! Phew ....
Fished it out and its now sitting on top of the owl again.

Nedra

dang that would definitly cause my heart to skip a beat or three

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 27-06-2003, 03:20 PM
John Rutz

BenignVanilla wrote:
"zookeeper" wrote in message

Sue Alexandre wrote:

Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.

SLOMLAP actually made me SLOMLAP so I'd have to vote for it. But I am also a
traditionalist and since ROTFLMAO is the most popular, I would also like to
suggest SOMLOL (Spitting On Monitor, Laughing Out Loud).

BV.

--
I like SOMLOL its easy to remember

Old 27-06-2003, 04:08 PM
J.D. Stone

How about SLOSHAC?
(Sprayed Liquid On Screen; Having a Cow)
JD

"John Rutz" wrote in message

Old 27-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Susan H. Simko

zookeeper wrote:

ROFL!! Especially after having just replied to Joe's atheist comment.

[Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?]

On a lot of listservs, it's simply referred to as spew.

I've been on the 'net way too long I guess. *grin*

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 27-06-2003, 05:32 PM
bobkiely

Whatever you decide, make sure you have a macro set up to respond to all the
people who write, "What the hell does that mean??" :-), :-)), *LOL*
BK
"John Rutz" wrote in message

Old 27-06-2003, 07:25 PM
Russ and Cathy

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
We eat them.

DISGUSTIN' LOL!
Cathy

Old 27-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Russ and Cathy

Old 27-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Russ and Cathy

Old 27-06-2003, 09:44 PM
jammer

OMG! LOL

(not a big kitty head- NO! LOLOL)

Old 27-06-2003, 09:44 PM
jammer

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:09:03 -0400, "BenignVanilla"
m wrote:

OMIGOD...I just SLOMLAP'ed.

BV.

DANG YOU!!!!!!!!! I did it reading that you did it!!!!!!