Old 27-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Lydia

Default what to do with dead animals in pond?

Thanks for all the responses. I'm a picky eater so I guess if it happens
we'll just put them in the garbage. I just thought that it would get stinky
after sitting outside in a can for a week and it's illegal to bury animals
in this county (so I'm told - anyone in King County, WA, know different?).
Donating to science is an excellent idea, too, that I'll have to look into.

Thanks again,
Lydia

Old 27-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Bob H

Spokane Co. too....wonder if it is a Wa. state thing...just put em in the
trash and pay the tax for doing so....no tax yet, have you seen the new
budget :-).

Old 27-06-2003, 01:44 AM
joe

Lydia wrote:

and it's illegal to bury animals in this county

Every week I get closer and closer to voting libertarian.

Old 27-06-2003, 01:56 AM
Steve and Lisa

I feel badly but we put all ours in the poopy trash bin. (We've got an 21
month old Golden and try to make sure his poop is scooped daily....hence the
poopy bin....lol)

Lisa

Old 27-06-2003, 02:32 AM
~* Windsong *~

In the last chapter: Lydia picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
:: My DH and I want to have a small pond in our backyard one day and
:: this is such an excellent group! I have no experience [yet] to
:: ever help others with their questions here, but may I ask... I
:: see a lot of posts about animals that commit suicide in ponds.
:: What do you do with them when you find them? How do you dispose
:: of them?

** Use your fish net to scoop them out. Toss carcass into the woods to
recycle or use a plastic bag to send them off to the local dump in. You can
also bury them.
--
Carol.......
"Beat the 5 o'clock rush - leave work at noon."

Old 27-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Sue Alexandre

Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?
zookeeper

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Sue

Old 27-06-2003, 03:32 AM

well I usually tell people they owe me a new keyboard... Ingrid

zookeeper wrote:
[Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?]

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 27-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Kayakkhan

Have them stuffed and mounted....but just shaking hands is fine too

"Lydia" wrote in message
My DH and I want to have a small pond in our backyard one day and this is
such an excellent group! I have no experience [yet] to ever help others
with their questions here, but may I ask... I see a lot of posts about
animals that commit suicide in ponds. What do you do with them when you
find them? How do you dispose of them?

We have wetlands directly behind our house and farm land in front of it

with
the rest of a new housing community to the sides. I've seen many, many
wonderful birds fliting around out there and hopefully they'll begin using
the new birdbath we just got for them. We have lots of bunnies scampering
around. And the chorus of frogs at night is so nice. Just the other day

we
had a weasel stroll through our backyard! I'm sure there's plenty of

other
critters out there.

Thanks,
Lydia

Old 27-06-2003, 05:08 AM
zookeeper

Sue Alexandre wrote:
Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.
Kathy

Old 27-06-2003, 05:08 AM
zookeeper

John Rutz wrote:

[Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the
computer monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or
irreverent message. Where's our linguists?]
--
zookeeper

-- BEOKAM beverage ejected on keyboard and monitor ??

That might be a winner, John. It caused me to once again experience near
BEOKAM!!!!

Kathy

Old 27-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Nedra

Got the scare of the week .... was about the cut off the
lotus flower, looked down in the pond and there was
a Head with Eyes starring staright ahead! I knew it was
dead but what was it. Not a big kitty - NO! It was the
head that had been blown off the owl statue!!! Phew ....
Fished it out and its now sitting on top of the owl again.

Nedra

Old 27-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Nedra wrote:
Got the scare of the week .... was about the cut off the
lotus flower, looked down in the pond and there was
a Head with Eyes starring staright ahead! I knew it was
dead but what was it. Not a big kitty - NO! It was the
head that had been blown off the owl statue!!! Phew ....
Fished it out and its now sitting on top of the owl again.

Nedra

Now that one caught me off guard - glad no beverage was
close by!

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 27-06-2003, 02:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Sue Alexandre wrote:
Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.

SLOMLAP actually made me SLOMLAP so I'd have to vote for it. But I am also a
traditionalist and since ROTFLMAO is the most popular, I would also like to
suggest SOMLOL (Spitting On Monitor, Laughing Out Loud).

BV.