Old 27-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Nedra

Default what to do with dead animals in pond?

y'know jammer .... that is what I thought! LOL!
Nearly scared me to death....

Nedra
"jammer" wrote in message

OMG! LOL

(not a big kitty head- NO! LOLOL)

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:52:03 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Got the scare of the week .... was about the cut off the
lotus flower, looked down in the pond and there was
a Head with Eyes starring staright ahead! I knew it was
dead but what was it. Not a big kitty - NO! It was the
head that had been blown off the owl statue!!! Phew ....
Fished it out and its now sitting on top of the owl again.

Old 28-06-2003, 02:08 AM
zookeeper

Nedra wrote:
Got the scare of the week .... was about the cut off the
lotus flower ...
a Head with Eyes starring staright ahead! I knew it was
dead but what was it ...

Oh my, that would have added a few gray hairs to my head!!
--
Kathy B

Old 28-06-2003, 02:08 AM
zookeeper

BenignVanilla wrote:
"zookeeper" wrote in message
SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.

SLOMLAP actually made me SLOMLAP so I'd have to vote for it. But I am also a
traditionalist and since ROTFLMAO is the most popular, I would also like to
suggest SOMLOL (Spitting On Monitor, Laughing Out Loud).

Great, now I've got three acronyms to choose from, or I guess I could
just spew!!!

Thanks for all the laughs guys.
--
Kathy B

Old 28-06-2003, 02:08 AM
zookeeper

BenignVanilla wrote:
I know it's naughty, but I typically add them to my compost heap. In mid
season they are break down in just a few weeks, that is if a scavenger
doesn't come along for a meal.

But I thought that it wasn't a good idea to add any kind of animal
protein to a compost pile. I would think throwing it into a hole dug for
a new plant or digging a hole for it would be safest.
--
Kathy B

Old 28-06-2003, 02:20 AM
John Rutz

zookeeper wrote:
BenignVanilla wrote:

"zookeeper" wrote in message

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.

SLOMLAP actually made me SLOMLAP so I'd have to vote for it. But I am
also a
traditionalist and since ROTFLMAO is the most popular, I would also
like to
suggest SOMLOL (Spitting On Monitor, Laughing Out Loud).

Great, now I've got three acronyms to choose from, or I guess I could
just spew!!!

Thanks for all the laughs guys.
--
Kathy B

--
if we get four do we do an ofical chose or just use the one we like

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 28-06-2003, 04:44 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

There sure are a lot of people on here who obviously should drink and read.
Awful lot of drinkin' going on, so it seems. ;o) ~ jan

OMIGOD...I just SLOMLAP'ed.

DANG YOU!!!!!!!!! I did it reading that you did it!!!!!!

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 28-06-2003, 04:56 AM

Uhhh.. in Harry Potter S.P.E.W. stands for "Society for the Promotion of Elfish
Welfare" which is started by Hermione. Ingrid

"Susan H. Simko" wrote:
On a lot of listservs, it's simply referred to as spew.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 28-06-2003, 06:56 AM
zookeeper

John Rutz wrote:
zookeeper wrote:
BenignVanilla wrote:
SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

snip
Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.

snip
like to
suggest SOMLOL (Spitting On Monitor, Laughing Out Loud).

snip
Great, now I've got three acronyms to choose from, or I guess I could
just spew!!!

if we get four do we do an ofical chose or just use the one we like

Nah, no voting. you know we couldn't come to a concensus by voting (salt
/ no salt, cheap food / expensive food, vegie filter / bead filter /
biofilter / no filter) LOL!!
Random posting of "spew" acronyms works for me
--
Kathy B

Old 28-06-2003, 06:56 AM
zookeeper

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
There sure are a lot of people on here who obviously should drink and read.
Awful lot of drinkin' going on, so it seems. ;o) ~ jan

OMIGOD...I just SLOMLAP'ed.

DANG YOU!!!!!!!!! I did it reading that you did it!!!!!!

I'm going to assume you meant "shouldn't" drink and read; or maybe you
meant exactly what you said, LOL!! Or maybe we should change what we're
drinking so our "spewing" reflexes are slowed. With all this drinking,
maybe we need designated readers.
--
zookeeper

Old 28-06-2003, 09:08 AM
Brian Watson

"Lydia" wrote in message
My DH and I want to have a small pond in our backyard one day and this is
such an excellent group! I have no experience [yet] to ever help others
with their questions here, but may I ask... I see a lot of posts about
animals that commit suicide in ponds. What do you do with them when you
find them? How do you dispose of them?

Have you thought of including some sort of exit ramp so they can change
their minds at the last minute if they want to?

--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"

Old 28-06-2003, 05:44 PM
K30a

Nedra wrote Not a big kitty - NO!

ak! ;-)

k30a
Old 29-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Snooze

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Sue Alexandre wrote:
Okay, someone has to invent an online acronym for spraying the computer
monitor with a beverage when reading a particular funny or irreverent
message. Where's our linguists?

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! Both good
suggestions.
Kathy

Those of us who manage computers professionally, in particular unix
administrators, have had pseudo-command for exactly this situation.
C|NK

It translates to Coffee/Coke sent through the nose all over the keyboard.

Sameer

Old 29-06-2003, 03:08 AM
Snooze

"Lydia" wrote in message
My DH and I want to have a small pond in our backyard one day and this is
such an excellent group! I have no experience [yet] to ever help others
with their questions here, but may I ask... I see a lot of posts about
animals that commit suicide in ponds. What do you do with them when you
find them? How do you dispose of them?

Just scoup them out with a net, dig a hole somewhere in the yard, toss it
in, cover with dirt and forget about the whole thing.

Sameer

Old 29-06-2003, 09:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 22:44:48 -0700, zookeeper wrote:

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
There sure are a lot of people on here who obviously should drink and read.
Awful lot of drinkin' going on, so it seems. ;o) ~ jan

I'm going to assume you meant "shouldn't" drink and read; or maybe you
meant exactly what you said, LOL!! Or maybe we should change what we're
drinking so our "spewing" reflexes are slowed. With all this drinking,
maybe we need designated readers.

ROFLOL! Yes, I meant "shouldn't", some of us (ME) need designated proof
readers, cause spellcheck doesn't always cut it. ~ jan