Old 30-06-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

Default what to do with dead animals in pond?

"zookeeper" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
I know it's naughty, but I typically add them to my compost heap. In mid
season they are break down in just a few weeks, that is if a scavenger
doesn't come along for a meal.

But I thought that it wasn't a good idea to add any kind of animal
protein to a compost pile. I would think throwing it into a hole dug for
a new plant or digging a hole for it would be safest.

I have been told the same, which is what I meant about it being naughty. The
primary reason I have always heard is that throwing animal matter in
attracts scavengers which is not good. I look at it as biomass...Everything
breaks down eventually.

BV.

Old 30-06-2003, 02:44 PM
BenignVanilla

"zookeeper" wrote in message
snip
Nah, no voting. you know we couldn't come to a concensus by voting (salt
/ no salt, cheap food / expensive food, vegie filter / bead filter /
biofilter / no filter) LOL!!
Random posting of "spew" acronyms works for me

OMIGOD how true.

BV.

Old 30-06-2003, 07:32 PM
zookeeper

Snooze wrote:
"zookeeper" wrote

SLOMLAP = Spraying Liquid On Monitor Laughing At Post

Okay, so now it's a toss-up between BEOKAM and SLOMLAP!!! ...

... unix
administrators, have had pseudo-command for exactly this situation.
C|NK

It translates to Coffee/Coke sent through the nose all over the keyboard.

Thanks, Sameer. This is the one I'd seen before but couldn't recall --
not quite as humorous to say as an acronym, but very effective as well.
--
Kathy B