Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Iguana

Default Did the fish survive the winter..

Yup, Brampton here, and the fish have been enjoying our little version of
spring, all up at the surface looking for warmth, and probably some
munchies.

Any chance you want 30 or so baby goldfish? I gotta get rid of them come
pond cleaning time in April, lest they get sucked up accidently(many are
black) by the sump pump and/or vacuum, and my pond cannot support that many
fish.

You just can't give theses thngs away!

Howard wrote:
I just uncovered my pond of the black liner I placed over it, over the
winter, checking up on it every 1 or 2 weeks to make sure a hole was
left open, a few times it had froze over and I opened a hole with
some hot water with a bubbler running all winter.

I happy to say that all my fish are down there moving around, slowly,
but moving, one of the smaller fish even came close to the surface
while I was adjusting the airline.

Toronto, Canada