Old 11-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Mike Patterson

Whatever you said to him must have ticked him off big time.
Gotta have a thick skin to survive in Usenet Land.
Mike

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 03:55:37 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Holy Mackeral !!! I'm A pond bitch and rec.pond's Ice Queen; also wishes
that my pond freezes solid - with me in it. WOW! Actually I think the guy
has a flair for putting words on paper.
ROFLOL - My first howler of the day.

Nedra
Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message
.. .
Wow, I've been reading rec.ponds for about 4-5 years, had no idea it
was so bad. I honestly don't remember any flames, except for a
obnoxious guy a couple years back that was always going overboard with
the backwoods hardnose routine. Went by "Foxeye" or something like
that.

I also read about 12 other groups, I recognise you from a couple, by
far rec.ponds is the most docile and friendly.

I'm not real impressed with nedra all the time either, but you seem to
be really bent out of shape about it. Suggest you take a deep breath
and shake it off. Stress can kill! Ignore those who bug you.
Killfilters are your friend.

OTOH, didn't know re.aquaria existed, will probably read it for a
while now, thanks for the crosspost... how's that for a newsgroup
oddity? :-)

Mike

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:47:23 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

Its been awhile since i posted to rec.ponds as it seems for the most
part to be there are a few selective little bunch of idealists with
their own concepts on how "ponding" should be...and everything else is
either flamed or filtered........I would think after this post of how
to efectively and quickly kill a fish that the pond bitch" Nedras"
filter is going to be pretty darn well max'ed out with new names to
plonk........
My method would have been cut its head off or just stick in a plactic
bag with some Budweiser.........

Y'all have a great day.............that is except for Nedra, I hope
her f**king pond freezes into a giant ice block along with her in it.
Nedra the Ice Queen of rec.ponds...............
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." -

Lily Tomlin

Old 11-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Nedra

Of course you can, BV, cross dressing or no. The more the merrier??
LOL

Nedra

Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Please don't despair, Ruth. I'll share the pond bitch title!!
See, you can be one too snicker

snip

If, hypothetically, I was into cross dressing...could I also share in the
Ice Bitch title? Hypothetically, of course.

BV.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:09 PM
george

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"george" wrote in message
snip
IMHO taking a fish out of water to put it out of misery would be akin to
tossing you into the pond and holding you under to end your suffering.

BV.

Would you rather that it languish for days in the pond until it dies? Oh,

and
last time I looked, fish were not people. Are you suggesting that they

are? Do
you eat fish? If so, does that make your a murderer?

Actually I hate seafood. Ick. So I am not a good person to ask this. I am
not saying the fish should be left to suffer. If the OP needs to end it's
suffering, I believe there are better ways, then suffocating the fish, as I
believe if you ended a human's life there are better ways then drowning
them.

I am also not suggesting fish are human, but that does not change the fact
that I would not knowably impose suffering any living thing where I can
avoid it.

BV.

By ending their suffering, you are doing them a service, not visa versa.

Old 11-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Nedra

He's the guy with the lake/ pond, right? I can't remember that we even
posted
face-to-face .... as it were. Whatever it was it must have been a real
doozy! And I am sorry to have gotten to him so badly ... really I am.

Nedra

Old 11-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Eric Schreiber

george wrote:

By ending their suffering, you are doing them a service, not visa
versa.

By extension, you would be doing them a greater service by ending their
suffering quickly, rather than increasing it by leaving them flopping
out of water to die.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com

Old 11-12-2004, 11:03 PM
The Drunken Lord

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 18:01:58 GMT, "Nedra"
wrote:

Of course you can, BV, cross dressing or no. The more the merrier??
LOL

We are used to higher quality postings on alt.aquaria than what you
have so far produced.

If you are most interested in flaming than in serious discussion of
aquaria, I humbly suggest that you go to alt.flames.******s.

Old 11-12-2004, 11:59 PM
george

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
george wrote:

By ending their suffering, you are doing them a service, not visa
versa.

By extension, you would be doing them a greater service by ending their
suffering quickly, rather than increasing it by leaving them flopping
out of water to die.

If the fish is floating on it's side and no remedies are helping it, it is
certainly not going to last very long out of water.

Old 12-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Eric Schreiber

george wrote:

If the fish is floating on it's side and no remedies are helping it,
it is certainly not going to last very long out of water.

Perhaps, perhaps not. That's irrelevant. If the goal is to minimize the
suffering of the animal, then the best solution is to kill it
immediately, not to let it die relatively slowly in open air.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com