Old 13-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Crashj

On or about Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:02:50 -0600, "Eric Schreiber" eric at
ericschreiber dot com wrote something like:

george wrote:

You PETA dorks make me want to throw up.

And one more nail in the coffin, resorting to ad hominem attacks and
name calling.

Is that the "PETA" part or the "dork" part?

" I am not a PETA"
--
Crashj
Old 13-12-2004, 02:54 AM
Eric Schreiber

Crashj wrote:

resorting to ad hominem attacks and name calling.

Is that the "PETA" part or the "dork" part?

Hehe, I suppose that depends entirely upon how one feels about PETA.
Despite being an animal lover, my opinion of PETA is decidedly low.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com

Old 13-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Snooze

After all the suggestions that have come from the trolls, I'm surprised
nobody suggested the obvious, which is based on an idiom to mean too easy.

1: shotgun
2: barrel
3: fish

It's like shooting fish in a barrel...

Snooze

Old 13-12-2004, 02:02 PM
george

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
Crashj wrote:

resorting to ad hominem attacks and name calling.

Is that the "PETA" part or the "dork" part?

Hehe, I suppose that depends entirely upon how one feels about PETA.
Despite being an animal lover, my opinion of PETA is decidedly low.

That's good to know. So how would you euthanize a fish you know is dying?

Old 13-12-2004, 02:04 PM
george

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
george wrote:

Like you said, how do you know what it experienced as it died?

As I said, I don't. However, being a responsible fish keeper, when it
comes time to kill a fish, I do so in the fastest fashion I can. In
this way, if the fish does experience pain, I minimize the suffering as
much as possible.

I'm not sure why you're having such difficulty with this concept. It's
really quite simple.

And that method would be?

Old 13-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Eric Schreiber

george wrote:

So how would you euthanize a fish you know is dying?

The very fastest way that I can - crushing.

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 13-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Benign Vanilla

"george" wrote in message

"kc" wrote in message
Why does it matter "how much" it suffers? It's a living, breathing

being.
It's moronic to decide how much you're going to care about something and

how
much it's life is worth by how smart you've decided it is...
Kirsten

Oh brother! Are you next going to call for fish to have marriage rights,

the
right to drive a car, or buy a house? And if so, how do you propose that

we
collect taxes from them? It's a fish, woman! Yeah, it's cute, and

playful, and
ocassionally aggressive. But it is still a fish. If it is past saving it
doesn't much matter how you put it out of its' misery as long as you do.

You
PETA dorks make me want to throw up.

SNIP

I am not a PETA dork, nor do I support that organization in any way.
However, that does not mean that I am going to take a living creature and
cause it suffering. Tossing a fish on the ground to let it die is akin to
tossing you into the pond and holding you under.

Bv.