Old 11-12-2004, 09:51 AM
The Drunken Lord

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:39:24 -0500, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:52:04 +0200, "Happy'Cam'per" wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
.. .

We have apparently been infested with losers from rec.ponds.

And lets guess, you are the upstanding drunken mullet of the aquaria

NG's?

Yes, sometimes I take a drink but it does not interfere with the care
I take of my fish or the enthusiasm I feel for aquaria.

Nor ours, for our ponds.

The difference is that due to drinking that goes on here, I have to
limit the size of my indoor aquariums, because accidents can happen
while drinking. I just noticed that a friend had left a burning
cigarette in the seat of a 150 year old Windsor chair, which burnt my
ass--not literally, for alas, I was not in the chair at the time. But
if I had seen it while the drunken scoundrel was here a fight could
possibly have ensued. He is banned from coming over for a month as a
result of that mishap.

Outdoors at your pond, you are free to drink to your heart's delight
without worry of falling 55 gallon aquariums hitting the floor.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:38 AM
rtk

Nedra wrote:

Holy Mackeral !!! I'm A pond bitch and rec.pond's Ice Queen; also wishes
that my pond freezes solid - with me in it. WOW! Actually I think the guy
has a flair for putting words on paper.
ROFLOL - My first howler of the day.

Wahhh, I wanna be a pond bitch too. Who says you're the Ice Queen?
Nobody voted. I'd make a good Ice Queen. Holy koi indeed.

Ruth Kazez

Nedra
Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:

"Mike Patterson" wrote in message

Wow, I've been reading rec.ponds for about 4-5 years, had no idea it
was so bad. I honestly don't remember any flames, except for a
obnoxious guy a couple years back that was always going overboard with
the backwoods hardnose routine. Went by "Foxeye" or something like
that.

I also read about 12 other groups, I recognise you from a couple, by
far rec.ponds is the most docile and friendly.

I'm not real impressed with nedra all the time either, but you seem to
be really bent out of shape about it. Suggest you take a deep breath
and shake it off. Stress can kill! Ignore those who bug you.
Killfilters are your friend.

OTOH, didn't know re.aquaria existed, will probably read it for a
while now, thanks for the crosspost... how's that for a newsgroup
oddity? :-)

Mike

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:47:23 GMT, (Roy) wrote:

Its been awhile since i posted to rec.ponds as it seems for the most
part to be there are a few selective little bunch of idealists with
their own concepts on how "ponding" should be...and everything else is
either flamed or filtered........I would think after this post of how
to efectively and quickly kill a fish that the pond bitch" Nedras"
filter is going to be pretty darn well max'ed out with new names to
plonk........
My method would have been cut its head off or just stick in a plactic
bag with some Budweiser.........

Y'all have a great day.............that is except for Nedra, I hope
her f**king pond freezes into a giant ice block along with her in it.
Nedra the Ice Queen of rec.ponds...............
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.
"I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." -

Lily Tomlin

Old 11-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Nedra

Please don't despair, Ruth. I'll share the pond bitch title!!
See, you can be one too snicker

Nedra

Lotus Garden:
Backyard Pond:

Old 11-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Benign Vanilla

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
snip
The difference is that due to drinking that goes on here, I have to
limit the size of my indoor aquariums, because accidents can happen
while drinking. I just noticed that a friend had left a burning
cigarette in the seat of a 150 year old Windsor chair, which burnt my
ass--not literally, for alas, I was not in the chair at the time. But
if I had seen it while the drunken scoundrel was here a fight could
possibly have ensued. He is banned from coming over for a month as a
result of that mishap.

Outdoors at your pond, you are free to drink to your heart's delight
without worry of falling 55 gallon aquariums hitting the floor.

Your friends are nearly burning your house down, and we're the ones with the
problem? LOL. Go back to trolling alt.aquaria and leave us to our drunken
koi.

BV.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Benign Vanilla

"george" wrote in message
snip
IMHO taking a fish out of water to put it out of misery would be akin to
tossing you into the pond and holding you under to end your suffering.

BV.

Would you rather that it languish for days in the pond until it dies? Oh,

and
last time I looked, fish were not people. Are you suggesting that they

are? Do
you eat fish? If so, does that make your a murderer?

Actually I hate seafood. Ick. So I am not a good person to ask this. I am
not saying the fish should be left to suffer. If the OP needs to end it's
suffering, I believe there are better ways, then suffocating the fish, as I
believe if you ended a human's life there are better ways then drowning
them.

I am also not suggesting fish are human, but that does not change the fact
that I would not knowably impose suffering any living thing where I can
avoid it.

BV.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Bill Oertell" wrote in message
Hey, it'd be a helluva lot faster than some of the other methods that have

been
recommended and the resulting mixture would actually have some (albeit,

small)
use.

snip

Faster then an anesthetic? or an axe?

BV.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Nedra" wrote in message
ink.net...
Please don't despair, Ruth. I'll share the pond bitch title!!
See, you can be one too snicker

snip

If, hypothetically, I was into cross dressing...could I also share in the
Ice Bitch title? Hypothetically, of course.

BV.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
Bill Oertell wrote:

one severe problem - your wife killing you for using her
blender that way.

Who said she had to find out?

Bill, Bill, Bill, don't you know that they *always* find out,
eventually?

They don't "find out" they just "know". LOL.
BV.