Old 23-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Ingrid,

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

Ruth is in Aquaculture dealing with the Aquaculture community. You can take
her aquaculture techniques and translate to a pond if you want, but that
doesn't say that she is promoting these techniques for the backyard pond.
You seem to think that Jo Ann and you are the only ones that have access to
these people, and that is a bunch of horse crap. Come on Ingrid, get you
head out of the sand, phones, internet and email make everyone accessable.

You can call me all the names in the world like you have in the past, but
that doesn't change the fact that just because Jo Ann took a couple of
courses with anyone has made an her expert or more knowledgealbe than others
in the field, especially the field of Aquaculture, which is the field of
expertise for Ruth, not back yard ponds. She may have suggested something
to Jo Ann in private over a cup of coffee, but there is nothing published
that supports it or your premise. Plus you always make it sound like Ruth
was Jo Ann's private tutor, she was in a class with other individuals.

I was in a class taught by Dr. Getz, a leader in the purification of Uranium
235, who's final research was the break through that allowed America's
plants to produce for bomb quality Uranium, but that doesn't make me an
expert in Uranium 235 purification. I was also in classes with the
gentleman who won the Noble Prize for his apparatus that first liquidified
Helium, but being in those classes doesn't make an expert in the this
apparatus or the process either.

So Jo Ann in the class with Ruth doesn't make her an expert either, so get
it together

Tom L.L.
wrote in message
This is a lie. Dr. Floyd was Jo Ann's teacher and that is where Jo Ann
learned to
use salt in ponds and tanks. Ingrid

"Benign Vanilla" wrote:

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
I have been in touch with Ruth's department and they make no
translation for backyard ponds and suggest no recommendations for use of
salt in backyard KOI ponds or any other kind of ornamental ponds.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 23-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Roy

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 11:15:34 -0600, "Tom L. La Bron"
wrote:

===Ingrid,
===
===As usual, you don't know what you are talking about.

snip

I'll drink to that! Some folks get their bubbles busted when they
find folks don't always agree with their view..........something of
which a lot of members in this forum seem not to be able to handle!

rec.ponds..........the fastest group to filter, and not pond water
either on the internet!

I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Old 23-12-2004, 07:01 PM

I most certainly do have "call" to use language like this. You havent been around
very long, but take a quick tour thru his messages directed at me over the years and
you will see hate filled, nasty dare I say heartless personal attacks on me in
addition to posting outright lies about me.

As to this last. He has made statements in the past about "personal phone
conversations" he has had with people. Jo Ann and I have called a couple of these
people to ask about the purported conversations, and they either denied ever talking
to him at all or deny saying what he reports. For years he has repeatedly attacked me
about the salt issue. I usually reference Dr. Floyd's article on salt which clearly
states how useful salt is. Facts online can be referenced and checked, phone calls
cannot. So in order to refute the use of salt use a "phone call" to "the department"
is produced where they deny salt has any use in ponds with pet fish. Like I said.
Dr. Floyd is the person taught Jo Ann about the uses of salt as it applied to her
aquarium and pond fish. Dr. Floyd is the person wrote the article. It is a totally
specious argument that salt is good for raising koi in large aquaculture ponds but
not for koi in a homeowners pond.

There is NO downside to having/using low levels of salt in a pond prophylactically.
OTOH, there are obvious benefits of salt to fish under stress, a condition that is
status quo in most ponds. Sharp temp drops, visits from herons or other predators,
bathing birds pooping parasites into the ponds, spawning, labs taking a swim. I have
probably one of the tightest ponds in terms of controlling various stressful
conditions but I am unwilling to take the risk to my fish...... I use salt. If you
dont want to, dont. But dont attack me for defending a very good and healthy
practice for keeping koi, one that is recommended by the experts. Ingrid

Derek Broughton wrote:
There's no call to be using language like that. There's no inconsistency
between one person learning to use salt in ponds based on some research,
and the research organization saying that they make no recommendations
about such. Dr. Floyd's research clearly _isn't_ related to small ponds
and you, as a researcher, should understand how irresponsible it would be
for the researchers to extrapolate their data to something they didn't
know.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 23-12-2004, 07:41 PM

I dont call you any names Tom. I said the phone call is a lie, a fabrication.
It is like the long period of time you insisted I didnt have a PhD, or that the
Puregold list was run out of Marquette, or that I promoted Jo Ann because I was
financially rewarded. All lies, all fabrications.
Then there is this lie, this fabrication that Jo Ann is just another "local fish
store" owner who sat in on a course and that is all. The truth is she is a licensed
diagnostician. http://www.mu.edu/~buxtoni/puregold/pgcharacters.html,
she did graduate course work to obtain the license. She is invited back to Florida
to do presentations on GF at conferences. She is a real expert, one who not only has
done the course work but also run a successful business for 25-30 years, the acid
test if nothing else. And on top off all that, she has provided help to thousands of
people all over the world with their sick fish and done so FOR FREE.
Tom, instead of attacking me use your time helping other people. Ingrid

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote:
You can call me all the names in the world like you have in the past, but
that doesn't change the fact that just because Jo Ann took a couple of
courses with anyone has made an her expert or more knowledgealbe than others
in the field,

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 23-12-2004, 08:20 PM
Derek Broughton

I most certainly do have "call" to use language like this. You havent been
around very long, but take a quick tour thru his messages directed at me

Excuse me? I believe I was here before you. I just took a three year
hiatus. Before the hiatus, I even had Tom kill-filed, but that doesn't
make calling him a liar reasonable.

(for the record, I first posted in November 1995, solo appears to have
started in 1996).

Dr. Floyd is the person taught Jo Ann about the uses of
salt as it applied to her

True or not, nothing Tom said there was a personal attack on you. Now, his
_second_ post got more personal, but I'd say you started it.

But dont attack me for defending a very good and healthy
practice for keeping koi, one that is recommended by the experts.

Don't you dare accuse me of attacking you for asking you not to call people
liars on the ng. That's a request for some civility, not an attack. If
you consider that a personal attack, one has to wonder just what Tom needed
to say to be considered "nasty, hate-filled...heartless". In any case,
Tom's statements can not possibly be verified as lies. If you insist, have
Jo Ann get on here and tell us where she learned her technique, otherwise
it's just hearsay, but even with her own statements, that doesn't make
Tom's assertion that Dr. Floyd's dept will not recommend salt for ponds any
more or less true.

And no, I'm _not_ going to take a tour through your & Tom's reflexive
diatribes.
--
derek
Old 24-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Sorry folks for the cross reference of this message, but Ingrid did this and
I am only responding to her remarks.

Ingrid,

I have every email where you have called me a name or maligned me in one way
or another archived. I also have all the messages that maligned Doc Johnson
archived also.

What phone call are you calling a fabrication? You should be careful when
tell people they are liars about things you know nothing about.

I have never personally or professionally cared one way or another where you
silly list is ran out of and if I was really concerned I would have tracked
the ISP.

I personally can never remember ever denying you PhD (others may have), in
fact, early on, I checked your credentials with your University a long, long
time ago, so I have absolutely no reason to have ever questioned you PhD.

As far as the promotion of Jo Ann for financial reward is concerned, this
was something that you fabricated in one of your wild episodes. Some else
accused you of this, and it wasn't me. So you need to get your story
straight as who is doing what to whom. Most of this episode stemmed from
the fact that it was implied that you got your special food cheaper from Jo
Ann than she was selling to everyone else. This is when Jo Ann was telling
a lot of people that only business people could purchase Biokyowa, which was
not true, anyone that wanted to purchase it either in one pound or 20 kg
boxes could get it. Here again, it was someone else that suggested with
your pushing of this food that you must be getting a discount, which by the
way was not me.

As far as Jo Ann's diagnostician credentials are concerned another person on
this list showed and received the same designation with no trouble at all.
Most states require only two courses and the passing of a simple test to
receive this "designation." So what is the big deal if anyone can get it.
Also, she was allowed to be in graduate classes, but that in no way means
that she did Graduate work. Two classes do not make Graduate work for a
student, you should know that.

As I have said before, I have 45 (almost 50 years) years of experience, and
have bred, raised and have been recognized for my Goldfish, so I think the
proof is in that pudding. There is a lot more effort involved in breeding
and raising show quality fish than purchasing them from an overseas
supplier.

As far as attacking you, if you will go back and check when I have said
something it is usually when you have said that Jo Ann developed this or Jo
Ann discovered this, especially when it has been written up in Aquaculture
literature for years past. The last one where you have done this is the
hydrogen peroxide dips. This has been used in the aquaculture community for
the past 30 years, so to say that she discovered or developed it is a bunch
of horse pucky. In any event, I think you will find that I very seldom ever
refute any of your medication advice to any one on any list. I don't live
on these lists and because of my area where I live the posting of the
messages to the newsgroup is not necessarily timely, sometimes it lags as
much as a day to two days, so when you suggest a course of action, I very
seldom ever refute, although, I may not necessarily agree with it, what you
have suggested for a remedy, because I figure there is no reason to confuse
the issue with a different technique.

Also, you will find that there have been a few instances when I disagree
with you on certain subjects, but you view this disagreement as an attack
virtually every single time even when my comments are fully documented.
What ever happened to agree to disagree. A good example is when you were
touting high protein feeds on rec.ponds and you referenced a professor from
Canada (which in itself was a strange happening, because you never give
references, except maybe Jo Ann), but I pointed out that the professor was
salmon and trout expert an in no way did your reference apply to Goldfish or
KOI, so it had little to do support you premise that High proteins were
needed for KOI and Goldfish and was only relevant if you were raising Salmon
or Trout. Your attitude has always seemed to be if you say it is true,
which, of course, is not true.

As far as helping people go, I help a lot of people, but I don't go
advertising it, I usually do it privately when someone ask specifically for
alternate help, especially when you have gotten ****ed off at them and have
shunned them because they may have questioned what you that told them so you
stop trying to help them because they have questioned your technique.

What I have often found interesting is that when I first met you on the
Goldfish list I actually thought we were going to be good friends. Of
course, that fell by the way side very quickly, when you started making sure
that everyone knew you were a microbiologist professor at a university and
that you seemed to know everything, although at that time you had only been
keeping Goldfish for about a year or two, but you knew Jo Ann, who at that
time have not taken her two courses and had not received her designation,
and was additionally interesting was that you have never done any
microbiologist research with Goldfish, using the excuse that the university
would not allow it.

So any event, one of these days you will realize that there are many people
out here to have experience and what you say is not the end all of how
things can be done. It is a too bad that you are always at odds with me.

In any event, since you seem to be talking to me I hope you have a great
holiday and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Tom L.L.

Old 24-12-2004, 01:52 PM

Use your energy helping people rather than attacking me. Ingrid

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote:
there is no reason to confuse

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 24-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Donald K

Tom L. La Bron wrote:

I have every email where you have called me a name or maligned me in
one way or another archived.

Ya know, that sounds just a bit obsessive Tom...

If I kept every usenet message that flamed me or called me a name it
would be a pretty large folder. But then again, this is usenet, so it's
part of the fun...

So, go ahead and open another volume labled "kernsd" make sure it's well
cross-referenced and properly annotated. Ask nicely and I'll give you a
real doozy to start off with.

Meanwhile, _I'm_ gonna get on with my life, care for my fish and
celibrate the holidays...

Merry Christmas everybody!

-Donald
--
Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea--massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

Old 24-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Crashj

On or about Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:01:52 -0600, "Tom L. La Bron"
wrote something like:

Ingrid,
I have every email where you have called me a name or maligned me in one way
or another archived. I also have all the messages that maligned Doc Johnson
archived also.

"What is 'google'?"
"I'll take 'Endless Threads' for $100."
--
Crashj

BZT Aquaculture ? Pondmeister Ponds 0 16-05-2007 07:48 PM
BZT Aquaculture ? Bill C Ponds (moderated) 6 15-05-2007 02:27 AM
Aquaculture tank combined with hydroponics bed DBB Gardening 0 04-01-2005 08:38 PM
Regional Aquaculture Centers: Source of Basic Info chagoi Ponds 2 07-07-2004 06:02 PM
Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM