Old 17-02-2005, 11:07 PM
tim chandler

Wow! Exactly how long have you been off your medication? You have a
serious problem, really - get professional help! Or grow up, or both...

Happy Ponding,
Tim

"Roy" wrote in message
EXACTLY....and it should not be justy aimed at earthlink
customers..............and according to those standards that are in
place on USENET policy, water dogs are NOT considered on topic or
approropriate to post as is someones wifes business adventure or how
their stupid cat ate the canary...........That is unless your one of
the special ones that ADJUST the rules to meet their needs at the
time........

I am not hard to deal with or get along with by any means, but I do
not and will not take to one sided ness or abuse from anyone no matter
how small they may think it is without my defending my positions and
taking a stand. for my beliefs, especially when folks will make a
smart assed reply and then inform yu your kill filed, so yu do not get
a chance to even state why things are like they are.......No this
group is onesided, and is akin to a private little comfy club, with
their so called chain of command and seniority, and lack of really
knowing what they are posting in respnse to, but are so happy to jump
on the wagon and follow suit when one of the chosen few strikes
back........Can;t handle the facts of what things are and that there
is more ways to skin a cat than their way! No one in this forum has
the right or power or whatever to permit OT posts on someone elses
behalf.....its USENETS authority......not the members since this is an
unmoderated forum..........so why don;t one of those deadassed
noisemakers get off their butt and submit a request to change it to a
moderated group....well it owuld take a set of bylaws and some other
things in place first...........or perhaps start their own forum
moderated .......no too much trouble better and easier to set there
and call names, insults and jump on the bandwagon, whine and cry like
a bunch of babies, and pout they did not get their own way...........

On 17 Feb 2005 15:57:51 EST, Mark and Kim Smith
wrote:

===m.News. EarthLink Members should use their best judgment when

posting to
===any newsgroup. Many groups have charters, published guidelines,

FAQs, or
==="community standards" describing what is and is not considered
===appropriate. Usenet can be a valuable resource if used properly. The
===continued posting of off-topic articles is prohibited. Commercial
===advertisements are off-topic in most newsgroups, especially regional
===groups not specifically named for such. The presence of such

articles in
===a group is not indicative of the group's "intended" use. Please
===familiarize yourself with basic Usenet netiquette before posting to

===newsgroup.
===
===Roy wrote:
===
===Yea right water dogs have as much business being posted in

rec.ponds
===as wet dog does....so if thats the case, then be prepared to start
===your kill files, as I will flood this dumbassed group with all

kinds
===of stuff water related, .......y'all said it right here its

acceptable
===as long as it has something to do with

water....................lets
===see....ducks, river rafts, boating, yea boats are water related,
===skiing, swimimng, kayaking,, man this could get to be a lot of work
===but it will be worth it. Yep, copy pastes would be the fastest

method
===instead of typing articles..........
===
===On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:11:23 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:
===
===
===
======"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in

message
et...
====== Wow! Usenet police. What does OT mean??
======
======Off topic. Most groups don't mind a few off topic
======posts, especially if they have a remote connection
======to the group - like Kathy's post about water dogs.
======
======rec.ponds is, IMO (in my opinion), one of the better
======groups for staying mostly on topic.
======
======Gail
======
======
===
===
===
===
===REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
===Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired

from selling GF (and sold
===the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT

retired from
===helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790

phoning is best for
===diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get

your fish at Dandy Orandas
===Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS
===
===

Old 17-02-2005, 11:28 PM
kathy

Roy,
In all my years on rec.ponds I have NEVER gotten a complaint
from USENET about OT labeled posts. I have a feeling it is not
high on their agenda.

Your language has been foul.
Where some of us have tried to use gentle humor to defuse you
you've been vicious.
Would you like someone to treat your wife, daughter or grandmother
the way you've treated Jan or Nedra.
That's what you've put forward to be judged by. And your 'dandy oranda'
posts, and your water dog posts, and your constant name changing.
I can't see any honor or dignity in this.

kathy

Old 17-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Roy

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:07:39 GMT, "tim chandler" made an attempt to
make a reply but screwed up.
wrote:
Not a dam thing worth reading, go take a hike Tchandle. You got your
chance to jump on the band wagon, hope it made your day dude!

Old 18-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Roy

My language is not any worse now as it has been before and its not
worse than is typically heard daily in real life or on TV or anywhere
else.You just have a sheltered life.........HUMOR, yea right, if there
was any friendship or a knowedge of the other person perhaps, but the
way I view it from previous replies by y'allo its taken as smart
assed comment,........oh we don't pay attention to him ...duh! not a
problem really, so therefore I view it as sacarsim. If you want to
truly hear foul language I can easily oblige you or anyone else.
Ohhhhhh excuse me I used the foul word instead of the more politically
accepted word BUTT.
Oh just so yu can keep track you now have your first complaint of OT
posts, and the stir it has caused with some saying yes you can and
other no you can;t and others just to stupid or indicisive to make
their minds up one way or another........If you can dish it out be
prepapred to take it, along with anyone else......You had your chance
to ignore, but you choose to continue on........along with the rest of
the wagon riders...........BTW are you better than me or anyone else
that you deserve any special so called priveledges that you can
arbitraily post OT crap.......I think not!

As for me and Nedra that was between me and Nedra, it was when every
other wagon rider decided to get in on it, is when they too became
fair game, but evidently its more than they care to handle, but it
means nothing to me....Like I said I am easy to get along with, but
you wanna play games I can play games with the best of them. You wanna
do things right, I can do it right, you wanna bend the rules well I
can certainly do that to........I am flexible unlike the ridgid
backboned wagon riders, except the flexibiity in their so called
permitting to post unrelated crap, and who and who can't!

Have you seen me jerking Nedras chain since....no, why.........becasue
she just let it slide and is not as stupid as y'all in continually
stirring the pot.......

I'll post the Dandy Orandas as long as other OT crap is posted.....

I have to prove nothing to anyone on these forums....plain and simple,
and as radical as some are I am not as stupid as some to post my real
name to any newsforum PERIOD. I ama more than willing to send my
email to a bona fide email address if asked properly and I know the
person more...........And if I did not switch names you evidently
would not have even responded to this or any other posts, just like
the others, that are so kill file crazy.........so to me its a way to
get my point and my response out and it evidently works.......

Why was my water dog post anay different ly treated than you OT post?
I will always carry return crap a few steps further..........

Old 18-02-2005, 01:01 AM
kathy

Amazing.
Words fail me.
And I suppose we should stop poking at Roy.
I hereby promise to stop reading Roy's posts,
under whatever name he puts them. I will ignore
his jibes. I won't make fun of his rants. They always
say the best way to deal with a bully is to ignore him.

kathy

Old 18-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Yabbadoo

Jan, I appreciate your elucidation of the acronym "Porg", thank you.

I'm 3,500+ miles away (on the other side of the Big Pond, aka the Atlantic)
and yes, we are familiar with Star Trek, the Next Generation (and the Borg).
Good series, but not as good as the original. My personal view, hopefully
non-contentious, since I enjoy the repeats of both, time after time.

At time of writing there's over 30 posts in this one thread, mostly sniping
and payback between just a few individuals. Given that ng's are available
and read world-wide, it's a pity that the content degenerates like this.
From my ISP list of 36000+ ng's, this is one of only two ng's which are
pond-related. The other isn't worth subscribing to, as it has no moderator
whatsoever and as a consequence is filled with posts of "spam", porn or
medication varieties.

To date I've posted here thrice - first one yielded detailed info I asked
for, a second gave good info to a pond newbie, the third (which you
responded to, Jan) satisfied my curiosity (possibly other readers too, given
the obscure derivation of "Porg"). Which, by definition and intent, is what
both ng's and the WWW are all about - sharing information.

Newbie (to this ng) I may be, but the sniping and carping exchanges devalue
both the ng and the contributors doing it.

I'm getting on (62), have a sense of humour and enjoy a good joke, but see
little humour and no merit in most of the extended dialogue here. Note I
kept ON topic (just) - "carping"? .... I apologise for any punctuation
errors (typos) but not for my spelling, which is English, the mother tongue.

Sincerely, Len.

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:08:30 GMT, "Yabbadoo"
wrote:

what's a porg? "People Of Restricted Growth"
Len

LOL! Well SOME people in here would surely fit that description. ;-)

We say Pond Oriented Recreational Group. Originally though the word Porg
was a play on Star Trek Next Generation, if not a fan this will not make
much sense, but the Borg were half man, half machine aliens that wish to
rule to the world:

The Borg said:
"We are _Borg_ resistant is futile, you will be assimilated."
The Porg say:
"We are Porg, resistant IS futile, you will be pond-elated."

Btw, to join this latest "club" you have to PO Roy, and it doesn't take
much lately. Just heed the advice when you do, ignore Roy, we all do....
well except when he occasionally gives good pond advice, it's sometimes
hard to tell between all the name calling and sarcasm. The Water Spaniel
thread was interesting though, his, though he often mugs his handle.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 18-02-2005, 01:12 AM
kathy

Hi Len,
I have taken the pledge. I think it is part of
being in Roy's Select Group of People Who Enrage Him.
Anyway I plan to ignore him from now on.

We always enjoy having folks from across the salt water
pond join us. And always hope to realize when we are
talking to them as it does no good to go on about raccoons,
but I did hear that some bullfrogs had shown up in the UK,
due to pet releases. ak! I have a dismal record with bullfrogs.

Once spring starts we'll get lots more questions about the usual
green water woes, string algae woes, how do I start up the pond
and the like and we'll get in a lot less trouble around here ;-)

kathy (also spells the Queen's English coming via Canada
in my youth)

Old 18-02-2005, 01:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

rottenfish (Roy) responded to:

What Mark and Kim Smith wrote which was snipped for brevity:

===m.News. EarthLink Members should use their best judgment when posting to
===any newsgroup. Many groups have charters, published guidelines, FAQs, or

Roy agreed:

EXACTLY.. water dogs are NOT considered on topic

So you do what you consider wrong, than claim it so?

I am not hard to deal with or get along with by any means

You would seriously have to change your latest postings to make me believe
that one.

.......no too much trouble better and easier to set there
and call names, insults and jump on the bandwagon, whine and cry like
a bunch of babies, and pout they did not get their own way...........

What's that saying, "Pot calling the kettle black" ? tsk, tsk. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~