Old 17-02-2005, 03:18 PM
REBEL JOE

Hi ko30p yea his list is growing soon we can start a group called people
on roys list

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 17-02-2005, 04:13 PM
PlainBill

How much lattitude is allowed?

I assume discusion of 'water features' should be permittted.

Reminders to "Watch out for alligators while trying to drain a swamp"
would seem to be on topic. (Especially relavent to some of my
projects).

Transporting live fish is obviously on topic.

But how about other creatures that live in water - such as turtles,
beaver or muskrats? And would this include other members of genus
(snapping turtles are on topic - but how about a desert tortise?)

And (after my last experince cleaning up the muck at the bottom of the
pond), is mud wrestling on topic?

We now return you to ponding.

PlainBill

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:11:23 GMT, "Gail Futoran"
wrote:

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Wow! Usenet police. What does OT mean??

Off topic. Most groups don't mind a few off topic
posts, especially if they have a remote connection
to the group - like Kathy's post about water dogs.

rec.ponds is, IMO (in my opinion), one of the better
groups for staying mostly on topic.

Gail

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression, for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
-Thomas Paine

Old 17-02-2005, 04:24 PM
PlainBill

Also OT, Roy.

It's good to see the Grapevine Police department has too much time
on their hands. I can just see the cross examination of the arresting
officer: "How did you know the drugs belonged to Mr. Porter?"

" Well, his dog brought them to him."

"I see. Do you own a dog?"

"Yes, a Goldern Retriever."

"Does he ever bring anything home that doesn't belong to you?"

"Well, yes."

Courtroom breaks up in laughter, case dismissed do to lack of probable
cause, officer reprimanded for stupidity.

PlainBill

On 16 Feb 2005 12:45:59 -0800, "kathy" wrote:

The water gardening labradors would like to submit this story to
rec.ponds about a dog, some water and fetching

Labrador busts owner on pot charge
Associated Press

GRAPEVINE, TX - The owner of J.D. the Labrador may be wishing his dog
weren't such a good retriever.

Matthew Porter and two friends were playing Frisbee golf in a suburban
park Monday when a police officer who thought he smelled burning
marijuana began questioning them.

As the officer was checking for outstanding warrants, J.D. waded into a
nearby creek and emerged with a plastic bag containing the drug...

J.D. also faces no charges, but may have a new job opportunity.
"People have been asking if we're going to recruit the dog for police
work," said Grapevine police Sgt. Todd Dearing.

entire article can be found here
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3042930

Old 17-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Wow! Usenet police. What does OT mean??

Off topic. Most groups don't mind a few off topic
posts, especially if they have a remote connection
to the group - like Kathy's post about water dogs.

rec.ponds is, IMO (in my opinion), one of the better
groups for staying mostly on topic.

Kathy's lab's are always welcome here, if you ask me.

--
BV
Webporgmaster of iheartmypond.com

Old 17-02-2005, 05:58 PM
kathy

Plain Bill wrote And (after my last experince cleaning up the muck at
the bottom of the pond), is mud wrestling on topic?

This could open a whole new avenue! :-)

kathy

Old 17-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Mark and Kim Smith

Gail Futoran wrote:

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message

Wow! Usenet police. What does OT mean??

Off topic. Most groups don't mind a few off topic
posts, especially if they have a remote connection
to the group - like Kathy's post about water dogs.

rec.ponds is, IMO (in my opinion), one of the better
groups for staying mostly on topic.

Gail

Thanks for the reply Gail. However, the question was more rhetorical
than anything. Or, at least, in reply to the usenet police. Off topic
means off topic. Ignore at your leisure.