Old 16-02-2005, 08:45 PM
kathy

Default OT good dog!

The water gardening labradors would like to submit this story to
rec.ponds about a dog, some water and fetching

Labrador busts owner on pot charge
Associated Press

GRAPEVINE, TX - The owner of J.D. the Labrador may be wishing his dog
weren't such a good retriever.

Matthew Porter and two friends were playing Frisbee golf in a suburban
park Monday when a police officer who thought he smelled burning
marijuana began questioning them.

As the officer was checking for outstanding warrants, J.D. waded into a
nearby creek and emerged with a plastic bag containing the drug...

J.D. also faces no charges, but may have a new job opportunity.
"People have been asking if we're going to recruit the dog for police
work," said Grapevine police Sgt. Todd Dearing.

entire article can be found here
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3042930

Old 16-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Roy

So, just what does this have to do with a pond? or a Fish, or anything
other than the fact you like to read news and post crap. Evidently
your paid by someone as per your posts on USENET..........

On 16 Feb 2005 12:45:59 -0800, "kathy" wrote:

===The water gardening labradors would like to submit this story to
===rec.ponds about a dog, some water and fetching
===
[...]

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS

Old 16-02-2005, 11:04 PM
kathy

Wow. I made it on Roy's List too.
I'm in great company. Hi, everyone else! :-)))

Old 17-02-2005, 12:30 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

"kathy" exclaimed with much excitement:

Wow. I made it on Roy's List too.
I'm in great company. Hi, everyone else! :-)))

Welcome, come on in, the water (pond water) is fine. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 17-02-2005, 01:08 AM
Yabbadoo

Hi, Jan, I'm new to this group and not American. Dumb question, perhaps, but
what's a porg? Only reference I can find by Googling is "People Of
Restricted Growth" which somehow doesn't seem relevant to a garden pond/fish
discussion group. Is there another meaning?

Len

Old 17-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Roy

In this persons and this forums case its persons of limited capacity
mentally in regards to assessing and treating and keeping fish
Or its this elite forums own word for something or other to
differentiate them from the ones that do know...just like beignorants
Vanilla pudding and his name for GF/Koi crosses.......

Don't feel bad for notnoing it becasue of where your
from...........most americans don't understand their lingo either, so
how could you expect a person of another country to.

===news:iap711lh2n53u0p3u25dgslc434ucuc4ei@4ax. com...

Old 17-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Gail Futoran

"Mark and Kim Smith" wrote in message
Wow! Usenet police. What does OT mean??

Off topic. Most groups don't mind a few off topic
posts, especially if they have a remote connection
to the group - like Kathy's post about water dogs.

rec.ponds is, IMO (in my opinion), one of the better
groups for staying mostly on topic.

Gail

Old 17-02-2005, 02:31 AM
kathy

Maybe we should have tshirts made up...

kathy

Old 17-02-2005, 03:20 AM
Roy

Yea right water dogs have as much business being posted in rec.ponds
as wet dog does....so if thats the case, then be prepared to start
your kill files, as I will flood this dumbassed group with all kinds
of stuff water related, .......y'all said it right here its acceptable
as long as it has something to do with water....................lets
see....ducks, river rafts, boating, yea boats are water related,
skiing, swimimng, kayaking,, man this could get to be a lot of work
but it will be worth it. Yep, copy pastes would be the fastest method
instead of typing articles..........

Old 17-02-2005, 03:42 AM
kathy

Roy,
You're being just plain mean.
It's not healthy to be so abusive.

Old 17-02-2005, 03:58 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:08:30 GMT, "Yabbadoo" wrote:

what's a porg? "People Of Restricted Growth"
Len

LOL! Well SOME people in here would surely fit that description. ;-)

We say Pond Oriented Recreational Group. Originally though the word Porg
was a play on Star Trek Next Generation, if not a fan this will not make
much sense, but the Borg were half man, half machine aliens that wish to
rule to the world:

The Borg said:
"We are _Borg_ resistant is futile, you will be assimilated."
The Porg say:
"We are Porg, resistant IS futile, you will be pond-elated."

Btw, to join this latest "club" you have to PO Roy, and it doesn't take
much lately. Just heed the advice when you do, ignore Roy, we all do....
well except when he occasionally gives good pond advice, it's sometimes
hard to tell between all the name calling and sarcasm. The Water Spaniel
thread was interesting though, his, though he often mugs his handle.

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 17-02-2005, 04:00 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I think I'll just by pass Roy and jump in with you guys, Okay?
Bonnie NJ

Hmmm, I don't know, seems you have to go thru the hazing,
we all did. You can't be a skier by just sitting in the lodge. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~