Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2003, 03:55 AM
Theo Asir

Default Iceberg vs. Fabulous- comments please?

Jim last year I planted fabulous next to iceberg.

It was such an embarassing performer next
to iceberg that I had to shovel prune it.

my experience, very disease prone, limited
bloom production and slow growth.

Others have had a better experience.

If you had to get another great white rose
get Guinevere. Also from JP. Only rose that keeps
up with iceberg. Is fully double and has a nice scent too.
bullet proof foliage.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"JimS." wrote in message
I want to add one white rose to replace my John F. Kennedy which was a
disappointment. (I just discretely transplanted JFK to a parking strip

next
to a telephone pole up the street, thereby not feeling guilty that I

killed
it...)

ANYWAY- I see Iceberg makes lots of people's "Top 30" lists, and I've

also
seen easy local availability of Fabulous! On www.helpmefind.com I noticed
that Fabulous! is descended from Iceberg. Any comments on one vs. the
other? (and not, "hey, just get both..."...can't do it!)

Thanks

JimS.
Seattle

Iceberg and Fabulous are floppy JimS. Roses 5 23-06-2003 10:20 PM
wish list was Burgundy Iceberg Kirra Roses 3 09-04-2003 01:56 PM
Burgundy Iceberg Kirra Roses 17 25-03-2003 10:32 PM
climbing iceberg dave weil Roses 3 28-01-2003 01:06 AM
Red & White Climbers climbing iceberg Radika Kesavan Roses 1 27-01-2003 10:09 AM