Old 10-12-2003, 05:02 AM
will

Default Mailing plants and seeds to people

You sent me seeds like a year ago!

You sent me some Datura seeds.

I still appreciate it. I never got anything to grow, but I appreciate
you doing what you could to help!

=will=

Old 11-12-2003, 06:05 AM
will

Woah woah woah.

Somebody really needs to take a chill pill. If you would have read my
reply a little more closely, I was showing you that I appreciated it.

Secondly, I emailed you and thanked you when I very first got the seeds.

Third of all, I never said that you gave me bad seeds. I even mentioned
that you did everything that you could do to help.

(And I thought that people who garden were usually friendly people)

The more that I think about it, this isn't the first time that you have
been rude to me to begin with......

-Will-

____________________________________
I'm wondering; if you got nothing to grow, are you thinking that's
somehow my fault? Or that the seeds are faulty? Is that why, like a year
ago you never acknowledged receiving them? For the future, datura of any
kind can take up to 4 weeks to germinate under perfect conditions, which
would be to have the soil be no cooler than 70 degrees, with moisture a
constant, but saturated. They are not for the amateur,without
instruction.

Old 11-12-2003, 08:48 PM
Catbird

Oh my. You might want to investigate and identify your distorted
perceptions.

One never calls attention to another's breach of etiquette when they don't
acknowledge thanks or flings rude comments about like so much compost. In
polite company it's rude to say someone is being rude. One simply thinks,
"poor thing, it's not her fault, she simply wasn't raised right."

"animaux" wrote in message
Rude? You must be from Texas.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:04 AM
animaux

I'm the one who was called rude. So what does your comments have to do with it?

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:44:32 GMT, "Catbird" opined:

Oh my. You might want to investigate and identify your distorted
perceptions.

One never calls attention to another's breach of etiquette when they don't
acknowledge thanks or flings rude comments about like so much compost. In
polite company it's rude to say someone is being rude. One simply thinks,
"poor thing, it's not her fault, she simply wasn't raised right."

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
Rude? You must be from Texas.

Old 14-12-2003, 03:12 AM
Fred G

On 12/11/03 2:44 PM, in article ,
"Catbird" wrote:

Oh my. You might want to investigate and identify your distorted
perceptions.

One never calls attention to another's breach of etiquette when they don't
acknowledge thanks or flings rude comments about like so much compost. In
polite company it's rude to say someone is being rude. One simply thinks,
"poor thing, it's not her fault, she simply wasn't raised right."

"animaux" wrote in message
Rude? You must be from Texas.

Right? I was taught one never does a good deed to hear "thanks." Isn't that
like doing a good deed only to brag about it?

Old 14-12-2003, 05:12 PM
animaux

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 03:06:02 GMT, Fred G opined:

"animaux" wrote in message
Rude? You must be from Texas.

Right? I was taught one never does a good deed to hear "thanks." Isn't that
like doing a good deed only to brag about it?

I didn't want thanks. I simply thought it would be nice to hear if people received their
plants and seeds. Not much to ask. You seem to have trouble with that, but it's fine. I
was thinking out loud. Carry on.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Katra

In article ,
animaux wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 05:41:56 GMT, opined:

What sort of seeds and plants do you send out?

Many. Datura, brugmansia, cacti, guara, salvia of all sorts, many different
types of
wildflowers, Pride of Barbados, canna, lantana, liriope, iris,
grasses...many.

Trade you some Yellow Canna for some Datura... ;-)

I'd rather do trades. I'm not comfortable getting stuff for free.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Old 01-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Katra

In article ,
animaux wrote:

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:38:13 -0600 (CST), (will)
opined:

You sent me seeds like a year ago!

You sent me some Datura seeds.

I still appreciate it. I never got anything to grow, but I appreciate
you doing what you could to help!

=will=

I'm wondering; if you got nothing to grow, are you thinking that's somehow
my fault? Or
that the seeds are faulty? Is that why, like a year ago you never
acknowledged receiving
them? For the future, datura of any kind can take up to 4 weeks to germinate
under
perfect conditions, which would be to have the soil be no cooler than 70
degrees, with
moisture a constant, but saturated. They are not for the amateur,without
instruction.

Victoria,

Is there a secret to getting difficult seeds to germinate faster?
I have some Wisteria beans.

2 years ago, I planted 6 of them in a 6-pack pot and put them in a pan
out back in the sun where they would get watered frequently.

And waited

and waited...

About 6 months later, 2 of the 6 sprouted! Yay!

They lived all last year, but one of them died this summer, or at least
it looks dead. It lost it's leaves earlier than the other one did, but
the stem is still supple after several weeks so I'm hoping it's still
alive. I need to repot them into some more nutritious soil I think.
Right now, the other is dormant as well.

Both sprouts are about 10 inches tall at the moment.

I still have some more Wisteria seeds left in the bag that was sent to
me.

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Old 02-01-2004, 01:21 AM
animaux

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:26:05 -0600, Katra opined:

Trade you some Yellow Canna for some Datura... ;-)

I'd rather do trades. I'm not comfortable getting stuff for free.

I have a yellow canna infestation! I can still send you seeds.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:23 AM
animaux

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:30:38 -0600, Katra opined:

[...]

I have never grown wisteria from seed, only by cuttings. I don't know much
about it. You should be able to tell is the plant is alive by making a very
small scratch in the bark. If it's green inside, it's alive.

I checked my apple tree sapling in the front today and it's dead. Drat.

Victoria

Old 02-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Katra

In article ,
animaux wrote:

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 01:26:05 -0600, Katra opined:

Trade you some Yellow Canna for some Datura... ;-)

I'd rather do trades. I'm not comfortable getting stuff for free.

I have a yellow canna infestation! I can still send you seeds.

ROFL! So do I... ;-)
I could send you some wild Tarot, but it's not the edible type...

Howsabout any herbal starts?
I have extra Thyme, creeping thyme and oregano.

Bomba and Elodia (water plants) are also available to me.
It'd give me an excuse to go snorkeling. G

Datura needs direct sun right? I have space in the herb garden on the
Western Exposure. My herbs do well there!

Then there is the pot of Horse Radish that propagated itself this year,
but you can get that from any grocery store.

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,