Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Katra

Default FREE - grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres - N of Austin

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

Katra you slobbered and sobbed on
:

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

"GeneS" you slobbered and sobbed on
:

Free grazing for goats on 25 fenced acres. A friend of ours
wants to remove some of the grass & small brush from his 25 acres
near Briggs. He has a nice tract of 25 acres that is completely
fenced. It has water as well.

If you have some goats or llamas that you want to park for a few
weeks, etc. then do this:

1. Call Don at 512-489-2557. He owns and lives on the 25 acres
near Briggs, TX 78608.
2. "Do Not" eMail me - I have told you everything I know.
(Your eMail will not be returned, as my filter zaps all of them.)

Uh, goats are terrible for grazing. They pull grasses up by the roots
to eat instead of cropping the grass like cows and other rudiments.

If you look at the middle east, Korea, Africa, the Greek Islands and
many places that used to forested and grassy, the single cause of
devestation has been people, with their goats.

I'm not sure which catagory llamas fall into but since they're a member
of the camel family and genetically programed to get as much moisture
as they can, roots have the most reserves of moisture so I'd say no to
them to, but I could be wrong.

Also, bad grazing can leave all the bad plants, mesquite, cactus etc
and nub down to nothing all the good soft grasses.

You might want to check into several people in the Hill
country(websites) who've been fighting to bring back the hill country
natural grasses back to their original time, and have been rewarded
with streams flowing again, springs popping up where they have been
dormant for 100 years, game animals moving in, migratory birds etc.
First clue, is to get rid of all the cedar.

Remember, there is a reason why Mexico looks like Mexico. Goats and
bad farming practices.

Good luck.

ONLY if they are overcrowded and not moved enough...

Goats are not as destructive as you think if they are managed properly.

Really.

K.

You have a point...but what 3rd world ******** dweller ever thinks "I have
too many goats!"?

snort No kidding... but what do 3rd world morons have to do with the
more educated goat herders here in Texas???

Also, a very few goats left indefinetly in one area will destroy it.

We take drives thru the farming areas here in Texas all the time and see
dozens of goat herds, and I have yet to see deplented land. ;-)

Most farmers here are brighter than that.

There is also the problem of the cloven hoofs and such; flat footed
herbavors (sp?) don't cut up the ground and destroy it after a rain.
Goats will also destroy trees, being very much like deer except that goats
will eat more woody stuff than deer will and will gnaw off branches and
whole young trees down to the stub.

I've raised goats. I have yet to have them destroy anything.

What about the white tailed goats that frequent this entire area???
They are no better than goats, and the hill country looks just fine to
me.

Deer only do that when really hungry, and a case can be made for deer as
they encourage tree growth at the top and canopy by eating all the little
tender sucker shoots they can reach, which can be as high at 10'!
Goats will just gnaw that sucker down if left too long in a certain area.

Texas deer are nothing but glorified goats. Give me a break.

They're also noisy~! So there! s

Okay, I'll grant you that. G
My Nubian was a bit much! So we switched to Saanans. They were quieter.

I hate goats. I've been to too many places all around the world and have
seen the destruction that goats and overgrazing have caused. Goats are the
poor man's cow but they hurt the indigenous people in the long run.

If an idiot is going to own any livestock, they will be destructive, be
they goats, sheep, cows, emus, ostriches, pigs........ or humans.

Overgrazing and overcrowding are destructive no matter what the species.

But, until we have a pandemic and get rid of 5 billion people and let the
natural predators come back goats are going to continue turning savanas,
forests and farmland into deserts.

I've yet to see that problem in the hill country. Anywhere except in
small crowded pens.

Lets hear is for bringing back mountain lions in Austin~! Get rid of those
damn cats running around, stupid and slow children and goats and deer!

Hey! Leave the cats out of this!!!!! :-o

Wouldn't that be liberally politically correct? The "natural" way of
mother Gaia?

Yah, ok... Mounain lions also eat baby humans.

Goats are edible. I controlled the population of my goats by barbecuing
them. G Yum!!!!!!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 05-06-2004, 11:20 PM
minerva nine

Ya know, it would be great if I could have a goat in my back
yard -- it's a nightmare back there, I need something/someone to
just clear everything so I can start over. Too bad there's a
law against livestock in the city limits -- M9

Old 06-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Mapanari

Katra you slobbered and sobbed on
:

You have a point...but what 3rd world ******** dweller ever thinks "I
have too many goats!"?

snort No kidding... but what do 3rd world morons have to do with the
more educated goat herders here in Texas???

Sorry, but when I see a mobil home, goats, a broken down car in the gravel
yard, a tire swing filled with stagnant water and scum on top with number 8
graded shrimp sized mosquito larvae in it, a creaking windmill missing 4 out
of 9 blades and a backyard full of rusting oil field equipment, I'm not
thinking "Wow! Honey? Lets stop in here! Someone inside must be able to
answer our question about if neutrinos are separtated from the atom in a
supernova, and fail to condense into a neutron star, and they don't fall into
a gravity well in a galaxy, where do they go?"
"Honey, they own goats! They must know the answer!"

Also, a very few goats left indefinetly in one area will destroy it.

We take drives thru the farming areas here in Texas all the time and see
dozens of goat herds, and I have yet to see deplented land. ;-)

I really hate deplented land. I hate to see depleated land even worse. Uh,
what IS deplented land anyway?

I've raised goats. I have yet to have them destroy anything.

Say, about those free neutrinos....

What about the white tailed goats that frequent this entire area???
They are no better than goats, and the hill country looks just fine to
me.

The eco system has changed dramatically in the hill country since goats, deer
and over grazing has destroyed most of it. Look at pictures of the Hill
country when the settlers first came here. I was a lot more lush, more water
and streams and trees and grass, not cedar, cactus etc.

Okay, I'll grant you that. G
My Nubian was a bit much! So we switched to Saanans. They were quieter.

So, I have to picture this, do you dress up in your Annie Oakly outfit, you
know, the red plaid one with curled up felt red cowboy hate with white piping
and rope goats on the weekends for fun?
Yee ha! Get along little kiddies, it's my misfortune....

I've yet to see that problem in the hill country. Anywhere except in
small crowded pens.

Ecological disasters take many years to manifest most times.
I worked in the 70's with a eco group to bring back SF bay back to it's
former self and after 30 years, a few fish and a few birds are coming back.

Take a look at the infamous Weyehauser clear cut on the hillsides on I45
coming into Redmond and Seattle from the east and see that the clear cut and
the devestation looks the same as it did 25 years ago when they cut it. "oh,
it's grow back, it's ok, trust us." WHich is why the big timber companies
have sold all their land anywhere near big roads and freeways because of the
old adage "what the public doesn't see, they don't care about" and they go
clear cut merily up in the Cascades and in national forests and Canada and
Florida, Georgia and East Texas.

Lets hear is for bringing back mountain lions in Austin~! Get rid of
those damn cats running around, stupid and slow children and goats and
deer!

Hey! Leave the cats out of this!!!!! :-o

Well, if we had our choice, but I'd still like to see a big mountain lion
have a nice trifecta day.

Wouldn't that be liberally politically correct? The "natural" way of
mother Gaia?

Yah, ok... Mounain lions also eat baby humans.

Goats are edible. I controlled the population of my goats by barbecuing
them. G Yum!!!!!!

K.

Don't get me wrong, goat meat is some of the best meat out there except when
meskins start cooking it.
Cabrito bagged up overnight with some red wine, course pepper, mashed papaya
(for tenderizing and flavor) a dash of cinamon, a dash of celery salt, a
handful of crushed red peppars and some fresh Thyme, then left out for about
4 hours on the counter to get nice and warm, then sprayed with olive oil and
put on a slow cooking white coaled barbie, yummmmmm... This works real well
for yearling deer too.

Serve sprinkled with malt vineger, salt and more pepper.

--
---Mapanari---

Old 06-06-2004, 07:05 AM
minerva nine

"Mapanari" wrote in message
. ..

I really hate deplented land. I hate to see depleated land

even worse. Uh,
what IS deplented land anyway?

Yeah, nothing worse than land that's had the pleats removed. I
hate that. *Depleted* is probably the word you're looking for.
No worries though -- it's always a good laugh seeing someone
correct someone else's grammar and get it wrong -- M9

Old 09-06-2004, 03:19 PM
Katra

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

[...]

That's not what I'm talking about...

And you damned well know it. ;-)

Also, a very few goats left indefinetly in one area will destroy it.

We take drives thru the farming areas here in Texas all the time and see
dozens of goat herds, and I have yet to see deplented land. ;-)

I really hate deplented land. I hate to see depleated land even worse. Uh,
what IS deplented land anyway?

That's pretty lame luv.
Picking on a typo.

And it's even more lame that you mis-spelled it! rofl

I've raised goats. I have yet to have them destroy anything.

Say, about those free neutrinos....

snicker

What about the white tailed goats that frequent this entire area???
They are no better than goats, and the hill country looks just fine to
me.

The eco system has changed dramatically in the hill country since goats, deer
and over grazing has destroyed most of it. Look at pictures of the Hill
country when the settlers first came here. I was a lot more lush, more water
and streams and trees and grass, not cedar, cactus etc.

That is MORE likely due to the overpopulation of HUMANS!
We took all the water. Duh.

Okay, I'll grant you that. G
My Nubian was a bit much! So we switched to Saanans. They were quieter.

So, I have to picture this, do you dress up in your Annie Oakly outfit, you
know, the red plaid one with curled up felt red cowboy hate with white piping
and rope goats on the weekends for fun?
Yee ha! Get along little kiddies, it's my misfortune....

I no longer have goats.
What I have now is more environmentally freindly, and I highly recommend
them:

http://home.centurytel.net/Katraslink/KathyApollo2.jpg

I've yet to see that problem in the hill country. Anywhere except in
small crowded pens.

Ecological disasters take many years to manifest most times.
I worked in the 70's with a eco group to bring back SF bay back to it's
former self and after 30 years, a few fish and a few birds are coming back.

Again, it is more likely due to the humans, not the deer or goats.

Take a look at the infamous Weyehauser clear cut on the hillsides on I45
coming into Redmond and Seattle from the east and see that the clear cut and
the devestation looks the same as it did 25 years ago when they cut it. "oh,
it's grow back, it's ok, trust us." WHich is why the big timber companies
have sold all their land anywhere near big roads and freeways because of the
old adage "what the public doesn't see, they don't care about" and they go
clear cut merily up in the Cascades and in national forests and Canada and
Florida, Georgia and East Texas.

Take a look at the clear cutting in the national forests in Oregon. :-(
It ****ing sux and those people that do this should be executed!

Lets hear is for bringing back mountain lions in Austin~! Get rid of
those damn cats running around, stupid and slow children and goats and
deer!

Hey! Leave the cats out of this!!!!! :-o

Well, if we had our choice, but I'd still like to see a big mountain lion
have a nice trifecta day.

munch munch, purrrrrrrrr.......

[...]

Sounds wunderful. ;-)
I'm sure I can use it for emu as well, but NOT the one
in the picture!!!!!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 09-06-2004, 03:20 PM
escapee

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:02:32 GMT, Mapanari opined:

Sorry, but when I see a mobil home, goats, a broken down car in the gravel
yard, a tire swing filled with stagnant water and scum on top with number 8
graded shrimp sized mosquito larvae in it, a creaking windmill missing 4 out
of 9 blades and a backyard full of rusting oil field equipment, I'm not
thinking "Wow! Honey? Lets stop in here! Someone inside must be able to
answer our question about if neutrinos are separtated from the atom in a
supernova, and fail to condense into a neutron star, and they don't fall into
a gravity well in a galaxy, where do they go?"
"Honey, they own goats! They must know the answer!"

Actually, neutrinos pass right through the earth during a supernova event, and
at one time was only theorized, but has since been proven by very elaborately
constructed pools, deep under the ground with highly sensitive experimental
equipment. They actually captured neutrinos deep within the earths surface.
Maybe down at least a thousand feet.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?
Old 09-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Mapanari

escapee you slobbered and sobbed on
news
where
do they go?" "Honey, they own goats! They must know the answer!"

Actually, neutrinos pass right through the earth during a supernova
event, and at one time was only theorized, but has since been proven by
very elaborately constructed pools, deep under the ground with highly
sensitive experimental equipment. They actually captured neutrinos deep
within the earths surface. Maybe down at least a thousand feet.

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?

I would expect then that the mantle would have a very thin highly enriched
microscopic layer of seething bouncing litle neutrino boys and girls.

And to a driller and former oil man, a thousand feet "deep" is what we do
to contruct our **** hole on the rig.
If you think THAT'S deep, why you otter see my mother-in-law's.....
eerrr...
weel, that joke is a bit much for this group!

--
---Mapanari---

Old 09-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Katra

In article ,
Mapanari wrote:

[...]

You should have said that the joke was a bit too deep..... ;-)

You need to join ADP.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 09-06-2004, 03:20 PM
escapee

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 07:45:03 GMT, Mapanari opined:

[...]

Yes, I know 1000 feet is not extremely deep, but I didn't indicate it was. Only
that it was deep. It's relatively deep to build giant pools with water and
equipment of this type. Not sure what orifice on you MIL you are talking about,
but, okay, heh heh

Need a good, cheap, knowledge expanding present for a friend?