Old 12-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Cindy

Default mystery plant....friend or foe?

I have a plant in my front bed that I thought was going to be a
purple-flowered sage, but it has grown up to be a sparsely-leaved bush with
fuzzy medium-green lance-shaped leaves that smell like some sort of herb,
but I don't know what. Reminded me of juniper berries at first. It has
weird greenish-yellow fuzzy-sticky flower buds, and the flowers are also
fuzzy, maybe 1/4" across, star-shaped and greenish-yellow. Lovely
description, I know, does that sound familiar to anyone? I don't know if
it's a weed or what.

Cindy

Old 15-10-2004, 06:37 AM
Gae Xavier

Cindy wrote:
I have a plant in my front bed that I thought was going to be a
purple-flowered sage, but it has grown up to be a sparsely-leaved bush with
fuzzy medium-green lance-shaped leaves that smell like some sort of herb,
but I don't know what. Reminded me of juniper berries at first. It has
weird greenish-yellow fuzzy-sticky flower buds, and the flowers are also
fuzzy, maybe 1/4" across, star-shaped and greenish-yellow. Lovely
description, I know, does that sound familiar to anyone? I don't know if
it's a weed or what.

Cindy

This is Austin, TX and this is a joke, right? LOL shaking head...
Old 15-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Cindy

Gae Xavier wrote:
Cindy wrote:
I have a plant in my front bed that I thought was going to be a
purple-flowered sage, but it has grown up to be a sparsely-leaved
bush with fuzzy medium-green lance-shaped leaves that smell like
some sort of herb, but I don't know what. Reminded me of juniper
berries at first. It has weird greenish-yellow fuzzy-sticky flower
buds, and the flowers are also fuzzy, maybe 1/4" across, star-shaped
and greenish-yellow. Lovely description, I know, does that sound
familiar to anyone? I don't know if it's a weed or what.

Cindy

This is Austin, TX and this is a joke, right? LOL shaking head...

No, this is Houston, TX; I'm from Montana and don't know all the native
plants here and would like to know whether I have a weed or an herb,
asshole.

Cindy

Old 15-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Gae Xavier

Cindy wrote:

Gae Xavier wrote:

Cindy wrote:

I have a plant in my front bed that I thought was going to be a
purple-flowered sage, but it has grown up to be a sparsely-leaved
bush with fuzzy medium-green lance-shaped leaves that smell like
some sort of herb, but I don't know what. Reminded me of juniper
berries at first. It has weird greenish-yellow fuzzy-sticky flower
buds, and the flowers are also fuzzy, maybe 1/4" across, star-shaped
and greenish-yellow. Lovely description, I know, does that sound
familiar to anyone? I don't know if it's a weed or what.

Cindy

This is Austin, TX and this is a joke, right? LOL shaking head...

No, this is Houston, TX; I'm from Montana and don't know all the native
plants here and would like to know whether I have a weed or an herb,
asshole.

Cindy

Sweet Cindy,

You are a real charmer! If this plant were in Austin, I would suspect
that it is both a "weed and a herb" and the River City's favorite
perennial. It smells even funnier when set on fire, btw.

However, since you are in Houston, I am at without a clue...

Sorry! Gae
Old 15-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Victor Martinez

Gae Xavier wrote:
that it is both a "weed and a herb" and the River City's favorite
perennial. It smells even funnier when set on fire, btw.

Which plant is that?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 16-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Rusty Mase

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:48:16 GMT, "Cindy"
wrote:

No, this is Houston, TX; I'm from Montana and don't know all the native
plants here and would like to know whether I have a weed or an herb,

Well, I think most of us thought it was a joke and there was no
ill-regard. Here is what I thought you were joking about.
http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant...i?symbol=CASA3

Maybe others did also. Everyone loves a good pun and if that is not
what you were up to then I was wrong.

Rusty Mase
Old 16-10-2004, 01:20 AM
jOhN

Cindy wrote:
Gae Xavier wrote:

Cindy wrote:

I have a plant in my front bed that I thought was going to be a
purple-flowered sage, but it has grown up to be a sparsely-leaved
bush with fuzzy medium-green lance-shaped leaves that smell like
some sort of herb, but I don't know what. Reminded me of juniper
berries at first. It has weird greenish-yellow fuzzy-sticky flower
buds, and the flowers are also fuzzy, maybe 1/4" across, star-shaped
and greenish-yellow. Lovely description, I know, does that sound
familiar to anyone? I don't know if it's a weed or what.

Cindy

This is Austin, TX and this is a joke, right? LOL shaking head...

No, this is Houston, TX; I'm from Montana and don't know all the native
plants here and would like to know whether I have a weed or an herb,
asshole.

Cindy

Can you post a picture somewhere (this is not an 'attachment' group)?
The verbal description has obviously triggered some automatic responses.
I, on the other hand, did not associate junipers with marijuana. If you
had said, "Reminds me of hops" I would have been all over it ;-)
Old 16-10-2004, 02:46 AM
Cindy

Well, I think most of us thought it was a joke and there was no
ill-regard. Here is what I thought you were joking about.
http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant...i?symbol=CASA3

Maybe others did also. Everyone loves a good pun and if that is not
what you were up to then I was wrong.

Rusty Mase

Oh! LOL, no, I know what THAT looks like! The leaves of my weed are long
and thin, but triangular and have no serration. I'll have to dig out an
herb book.

Cindy

Old 16-10-2004, 02:51 AM
Cindy

Sweet Cindy,

You are a real charmer! If this plant were in Austin, I would suspect
that it is both a "weed and a herb" and the River City's favorite
perennial. It smells even funnier when set on fire, btw.

However, since you are in Houston, I am at without a clue...

Sorry! Gae

I'M very sorry, I took that totally wrong. We've been having constant
problems with really nasty trolls in the other newsgroup I frequent, and I
thought you were putting me down for some reason I didn't
understand.....sorry to be over-sensitive. GENERALLY I'm not an asshole.

Cindy

Old 16-10-2004, 02:53 AM
Cindy

Can you post a picture somewhere (this is not an 'attachment' group)?
The verbal description has obviously triggered some automatic
marijuana. If you had said, "Reminds me of hops" I would have been
all over it ;-)

I'll take one tomorrow. See above for my apology to Gae, I misunderstood
her/him completely.

Cindy

Old 16-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Cindy" wrote:

Sweet Cindy,

You are a real charmer! If this plant were in Austin, I would suspect
that it is both a "weed and a herb" and the River City's favorite
perennial. It smells even funnier when set on fire, btw.

However, since you are in Houston, I am at without a clue...

Sorry! Gae

I'M very sorry, I took that totally wrong. We've been having constant
problems with really nasty trolls in the other newsgroup I frequent, and I
thought you were putting me down for some reason I didn't
understand.....sorry to be over-sensitive. GENERALLY I'm not an asshole.

Cindy

Chill Cindy luv. ;-)
This is actually one of the better groups on usenet, or so I have found.

If there is ANY way you can post a pic, please???

You can e-mail it to me and I'll upload it to my webspace, and send you
back a link to post.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 16-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Victor Martinez

Katra wrote:
Hemp.

Duh... ;-)

Duh indeed! I guess I'm a little slow considering my very limited
exposure to this particular herb.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 16-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Katra

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

Katra wrote:
Hemp.

Duh... ;-)

Duh indeed! I guess I'm a little slow considering my very limited
exposure to this particular herb.

My neighbor used to grow it when I lived in California...
This was back in the 70's. Everyone knew and nobody cared.

sigh

Two of his Sativa plants were over 6' tall and some leaves had as many
as 13 lobes.

Beautiful plants! :-)

K.

--